Register

2013 Paris Nice

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

27 Feb 2013 21:14

The Hitch wrote:Why wouldn't I say it. Its a perfectly sensible sentence that has is 100% correct.

because you say I didn't understand a very common tactic, when already like 5x has proven how inconsistant backnumbers are and that most of the times they mean nothing.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Veteran

27 Feb 2013 21:35

Ryo Hazuki wrote:because you say I didn't understand a very common tactic,

It is a very common tactic.

when already like 5x has proven how inconsistant backnumbers are and that most of the times they mean nothing.

Your a funny fella. You post 2 examples of weak teams at warmup races the teams didnt care about and you think youve proven that numbers "most of the time mean nothing".

Must have been a massive coincidence then that last year the team leader was also the first name on every teamsheet

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/paris-nice-2012/start-list
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

27 Feb 2013 21:35

If UCI want to improve cycling as a spectator sport, giving each rider a number for the season would be a start. All their kit could have the personal number on it and would help (a) commentators and (b) fans especially with the less well known riders.
argyllflyer

27 Feb 2013 22:08

argyllflyer wrote:If UCI want to improve cycling as a spectator sport, giving each rider a number for the season would be a start. All their kit could have the personal number on it and would help (a) commentators and (b) fans especially with the less well known riders.

There must be at least 10 important things UCI needs to do before looking into changing the jersey design rules.
Dazed and Confused
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 02:03

9/10 would read again.
Ferminal
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 06:33

Ryo Hazuki wrote:Image

says hello

Tahnks, nice of you :o
Kokoso

28 Feb 2013 06:45

Zam_Olyas wrote:He has been racing for awhile now not only last year.

I thought it was about the last year when he was neo - pro just as will10 said.
Kokoso

28 Feb 2013 11:05

The Hitch wrote:It is a very common tactic.

Your a funny fella. You post 2 examples of weak teams at warmup races the teams didnt care about and you think youve proven that numbers "most of the time mean nothing".

Must have been a massive coincidence then that last year the team leader was also the first name on every teamsheet

because valverde always starts with number 1 in all their races, the others don't with the exception of cobo last year because he defended vuelta win
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 11:14

The Hitch wrote:It is a very common tactic.

I know Ryo didn't post it (I did), but I would say that T-A isn't any warm-up race, and that Lotto shows that even at non-warm-up races, they still just list the whole team alphabetic.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 11:25

Costa is older and has won the Tour de Suisse, so he should be their captain. Quintana will have a free role, I think, but the road will show the rider´s roles anyways.

An echelon or a crash in one of the first flat stages can change everything, anyways.

Costa winning Paris-Nice would be less a surprise than Quintana winning it, but Quintana´s time will come, so what.
RHRH19861986

28 Feb 2013 11:28

RHRH19861986 wrote:Costa is older and has won the Tour de Suisse, so he should be their captain. Quintana will have a free role, I think, but the road will show the rider´s roles anyways.

An echelon or a crash in one of the first flat stages can change everything, anyways.

Costa winning Paris-Nice would be less a surprise than Quintana winning it, but Quintana´s time will come, so what.

I would be more surprised if Costa finishes ahead of Quintana in the MTT, than the other way around.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 11:41

Netserk wrote:I would be more surprised if Costa finishes ahead of Quintana in the MTT, than the other way around.

Yes, the MTT might be good for Quintana, though it also suits Costa, since it´s not too steep and it´s steady. Weight advantage for Costa, engine advantage for Costa.

In all, I see Costa ahead. He now has quite some experience how to ride these 7-10 day stage races successfully.

In all, I think it´s great that South Americans are on the rise, but they´ve still to prove that there´s a new era comparewable to the days of Herrera et al. But they´re all pretty young, so time is on their side. They just have to avoid the approach Rujano has chosen, whatever approach this was and still is - Rujano has been a mystery ever since his 2005 Giro.
RHRH19861986

28 Feb 2013 12:34

RHRH19861986 wrote:Yes, the MTT might be good for Quintana, though it also suits Costa, since it´s not too steep and it´s steady. Weight advantage for Costa, engine advantage for Costa.

In all, I see Costa ahead. He now has quite some experience how to ride these 7-10 day stage races successfully.

In all, I think it´s great that South Americans are on the rise, but they´ve still to prove that there´s a new era comparewable to the days of Herrera et al. But they´re all pretty young, so time is on their side. They just have to avoid the approach Rujano has chosen, whatever approach this was and still is - Rujano has been a mystery ever since his 2005 Giro.

what? both weight and engine advantages are for quintana. just remember lombardia last year? costa ahs yet to show anything in a big classic and p-n is decided in the climbs, not the flat, so again quintana in advantage. what can stop quintana is a crash or echelons
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 12:54

Ryo Hazuki wrote:because valverde always starts with number 1 in all their races, the others don't with the exception of cobo last year because he defended vuelta win

Look at every other team on that list as well as movistar.

Lulu, voeckler, wiggins, rein, schleck, gerrans, cunego, hushovd, kittel, martin peraud.

Coincidence that they all got the number 1 for their team?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 13:58

Lotsa NAiro talk here in this thread so http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=59783
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 14:13

Nice interview.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 14:25

Zam_Olyas wrote:Lotsa NAiro talk here in this thread so http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=59783

so he says he has a free role and wants a stage win and top ten
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Veteran

28 Feb 2013 14:25

So have you guys established who is the alpha male yet?
barmaher

The P

28 Feb 2013 17:48

Who will win the prologue?
KarottenKarl

28 Feb 2013 17:56

KarottenKarl wrote:Who will win the prologue?

The prologue is very short so sprinters will do well... I fancy Matthews for the win
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing