Register

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

12 Feb 2013 12:42

can someone post the time gaps? I can not go on twitter...
User avatar TeoSheva

12 Feb 2013 12:43

Waterloo Sunrise wrote:Someone backed the favourite 2 days in a row, so is now nostradamus, apparently.

Wheeliedamus to be exact! All hail Wheeliedamus! :p
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 12:44

I think the next eight/nine weeks, Sagan will be entertaining.
RHRH19861986

12 Feb 2013 12:44

LaFlorecita wrote:Now you're just trolling. What's your problem :confused:

not meaning too, i was just given a lot of nonsense earlier this morning from a senior poster or two. just pointing out my rebuttal was accurate :-)

it won't happen again.
wheelie1977

12 Feb 2013 12:48

Waterloo Sunrise wrote:Someone backed the favourite 2 days in a row, so is now nostradamus, apparently.

that's inaccurate - Kittel wasn't favourite yesterday according to most and Sagan wasn't either today - accorinf to the professional bookmaking firms

stupid in hindsight, i agree.

no, it's not rocket science, we know, as we are all informed cycling fans. Maybe some of the senior members on here think they know a little more though than everyone else, certainly the feeling I've gotten as a new poster in the past few days.
wheelie1977

12 Feb 2013 12:50

Sagan won stage 2 last year as well at Oman. Hardly surprising to see him win. Whether it will lead to a dominating season who knows. Looks good though with Cancellara scared because of Fuentes links and Boonen's elbow.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 12:51

El Pistolero wrote:Sagan won stage 2 last year as well at Oman. Hardly surprising to see him win. Whether it will lead to a dominating season who knows. Looks good though with Cancellara scared because of Fuentes links and Boonen's elbow.

Is that the Dam stage we get a rerun of shortly?
Waterloo Sunrise
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 12:51

wheelie1977 wrote:not meaning too, i was just given a lot of nonsense earlier this morning from a senior poster or two. just pointing out my rebuttal was accurate :-)

it won't happen again.

it wasn't nonsense. You're acting all superior because Nibali ended 4th - so what? What does it mean? Does it make you some sort of legend? By the way no one stated Nibali would suck. There were some people who disagreed when you said that Nibali would beat Alberto without a doubt on Green Mountain. I was one of them and I still stand by my point.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 12:52

The irony.
Der Effe

12 Feb 2013 12:53

Waterloo Sunrise wrote:Is that the Dam stage we get a rerun of shortly?

Yes. In other words: tomorrow will be Sagan's second stage win.
theyoungest
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 12:55

Could someone please post the time differences from twitter. I don't have access to twitter from my work and I am interested what gaps sagan managed to get. Also, are there anywhere profiles of the stages available?
User avatar tomorrow

Anyhow, if Bertie has lost 20 seconds, which he may or may not have done, does that mean this is now between Froome & Nibali?
Waterloo Sunrise
Veteran

http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3884

Due to violent pace on the final climb where Team Saxo-Tinkoff Spaniard, Alberto Contador launched a series of attacks, it was a decimated peloton of approximately 50 riders entering the finish line. On the final meters, Peter Sagan (CAN) went alone to take the stage win.

Team Saxo-Tinkoff DS Tristan Hoffman comments:

”It was an easy start of the stage but in the finale, things got a little more hectic. Alberto launched a few attacks on the final climb and finally, no one was able to respond but on the descent they came back from behind. Moving towards the finish line, everyone seemed to be looking for his next move and the small group was then split up. Tomorrow's stage will probably be for the sprinters where we'll try to be up there,” said the Dutch sports director.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 12:56

From the brief Saxo report, it seems Contador blew the race apart on the climb (no one could respond) but came together on the descent. I assume there aren't large time gaps--after Sagan of course!--but we'll see.

EDIT: I should have known LaFlo would have posted the same update : )
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus
Veteran

tomorrow wrote:Could someone please post the time differences from twitter. I don't have access to twitter from my work and I am interested what gaps sagan managed to get. Also, are there anywhere profiles of the stages available?

nobody knows any time differences just Sagan 9" ahead of Gallopin
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

wheelie1977 wrote:that's inaccurate - Kittel wasn't favourite yesterday according to most and Sagan wasn't either today - accorinf to the professional bookmaking firms

stupid in hindsight, i agree.

no, it's not rocket science, we know, as we are all informed cycling fans. Maybe some of the senior members on here think they know a little more though than everyone else, certainly the feeling I've gotten as a new poster in the past few days.

Sagan was the overwhelming favorite at Bet365 at odds 3.5 before todays stage.
El Pistolero wrote:I don't understand Gilbert's tactics. Does he really think he can beat Kwiatkowski in a sprint?
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 12:58

LaFlorecita wrote:it wasn't nonsense. You're acting all superior because Nibali ended 4th - so what? What does it mean? Does it make you some sort of legend? By the way no one stated Nibali would suck. There were some people who disagreed when you said that Nibali would beat Alberto without a doubt on Green Mountain. I was one of them and I still stand by my point.

ah, come on, you can see my message was tongue-in-cheek :-) everyone has an opinion. you had yours, i didn't disagree with it but you did disagree with mine and made it known. another senior poster accused me of stupidity or trolling when I mentioned Team SKY doing their train, just pointed out that this is what happened. it was meant in jest, i'll withdraw the message if it's take as offensive. lot of people on here who love cycling and know what they're talking about but it is a forum for opinions and there will be an element of I told you so. I apologise, i'm far from acting superior. I was just glad to see my picks (and more importantly for me from a betting angle) doing well. No harm in that ?

i'll start again. Hi I'm Wheelie, i'll not be doing stuff like this again.
wheelie1977

12 Feb 2013 12:59

Waterloo Sunrise wrote:Anyhow, if Bertie has lost 20 seconds, which he may or may not have done, does that mean this is now between Froome & Nibali?

He probably didn't, but even if he did, 20 secs on the Green Mountain is feasible for Contador. Froomey won't know what hit him ;)
theyoungest
Veteran

12 Feb 2013 13:01

Hugo Koblet wrote:Sagan was the overwhelming favorite at Bet365 at odds 3.5 before todays stage.

i'm sure he was a bookies favourite today, i don't disagree, if you go back through the forum posts and check the history of all firms, he wasn't favourite in australia's betting firms or paddy power, the biggest online firm.

i backed him with Paddy Power as did many others yesterday at 6.15 pm. at that time Marcel Kittel was the favourite. according to that firm. BET365 priced up later that evening and maybe he was their favourite from the start but they do look at other firms prices and price history before they make a market.
wheelie1977

12 Feb 2013 13:01

Der Effe wrote:The irony.

Laying the grounds for future modship?

The horror.
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing