Register

Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

Poll ended at 02 Mar 2013 11:19

C.Froome
33%
C.Evans
10%
A.Contador
28%
V.Nibali
10%
J.Rodriguez
9%
Other
11%

Total votes : 151

18 Feb 2013 20:03

maltiv wrote:Unless said stage race is a race in America where no blood tests will be conducted :rolleyes:

Or the Vuelta al Pais Vasco, of course.
theyoungest
Veteran

18 Feb 2013 20:40

virandociclista wrote:I can not believe in the result of this thread so far! I took a look 3 times, 3 times Froome ahead.

The people are with memory problem... I did not take a look at the route.. but I hope that there is a lot of hell climbs... so the king can fix the things here.....

[SIZE="1"]or.... maybe I will cry a lot... [/SIZE]

We will cry together virandociclista :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

18 Feb 2013 21:01

LaFlorecita wrote:We will cry together virandociclista :)

Now you're having faith again? :D

I see how you roll. First 24 hours you say Contador is done for and then slowly you're regaining hope ;)
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Veteran

18 Feb 2013 21:05

Miburo wrote:Now you're having faith again? :D

I see how you roll. First 24 hours you say Contador is done for and then slowly you're regaining hope ;)

Yea yea that's how it works though hope and faith are not the same thing. Virandociclista and I will cry if Alberto doesn't win.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

18 Feb 2013 21:42

I dont often respond, but have faith. Alberto is the winner of 5 grand tours to Froome's zero, he has not usurped Alberto's stature just yet. One thing about Alberto is that he is relentless, very much like Messi, yes I said Messi, he does not give up. All this talk about Froome being the new king and he has not won a grand tour to this point.
casati

18 Feb 2013 22:48

casati wrote:I dont often respond, but have faith. Alberto is the winner of 5 grand tours to Froome's zero, he has not usurped Alberto's stature just yet. One thing about Alberto is that he is relentless, very much like Messi, yes I said Messi, he does not give up. All this talk about Froome being the new king and he has not won a grand tour to this point.

To be fair, he hasn't really been given the chance. 2011 Vuelta, even when in the leaders jersey he was still forced to work for Wiggins which resulted in him losing valuable time on stage 11. 2012 Tour he had to again work for Wiggins. and 2012 Vuelta he was too tired from the Tour to contend for the top step.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

18 Feb 2013 23:30

Afrank wrote:To be fair, he hasn't really been given the chance. 2011 Vuelta, even when in the leaders jersey he was still forced to work for Wiggins which resulted in him losing valuable time on stage 11. 2012 Tour he had to again work for Wiggins. and 2012 Vuelta he was too tired from the Tour to contend for the top step.
Wow, and you're still thinking like that? Can't wait for your/his excuse after the Tour. :o
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 00:06

cineteq wrote:Wow, and you're still thinking like that? Can't wait for your/his excuse after the Tour. :o

What's your newest reason that is suppose to disprove this? You have never provided any viable proof that he wasn't too tired. :rolleyes:
I'm not making excuses for him, just stating the facts.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 00:14

Afrank wrote:What's your newest reason that is suppose to disprove this? You have never provided any viable proof that he wasn't too tired. :rolleyes:
I'm not making excuses for him, just stating the facts.
I had but you ignored it. Btw, you have never provided any viable proof that he was too tired. :D
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 00:19

I suggest you take it look back at our previous conversation. Where I provided plenty of proof, and disproved all of your points.

I'll even provide a link. ;)
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19113&highlight=Afrank&page=19
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 05:17

LaFlorecita wrote:We will cry together virandociclista :)

KEEP THAT FAITH AND HOPE ALIVE LaFlo and virandociclista!!! :)

Always have faith in Alberto, no matter how dark the tunnel may seem - he again will show why he's Alberto Contador ;)

And remember the team is having a team training camp in Corsica (?) for the riders starting in Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico which can be a good thing, yes?

#believeinalberto :D
User avatar sacrifice&hardwork

19 Feb 2013 07:33

up with a new king Christopher Froome. Glory Glory, Chris! Give a way to a new king. He goes!!!

All this talk about Froome being the new king and he has not won a grand tour to this point.

No difference. Tirreno will be won by a guy who is stronger today rather has has more GT's in the bag.
User avatar airstream

19 Feb 2013 07:34

Afrank wrote:To be fair, he hasn't really been given the chance. 2011 Vuelta, even when in the leaders jersey he was still forced to work for Wiggins which resulted in him losing valuable time on stage 11. 2012 Tour he had to again work for Wiggins. and 2012 Vuelta he was too tired from the Tour to contend for the top step.

Not just the tour, he was part of Brailsford's Plan A/Z Cav for Gold and burned serious energy chasing down the break, then did the Time Trial a few days later, again going all out for a medal. Contador was fit as a fiddle after his cheat ban.

The only time they've raced on a level playing field as fit GC contenders was last week.
argyllflyer

19 Feb 2013 07:37

airstream wrote:up with a new king Christopher Froome. Glory Glory, Chris! Give a way to a new king. He goes!!!

You should get a new avatar.

Although I think you'll keep this forever, the troll for Contador-fans.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 07:42

Miburo wrote:You should get a new avatar.

Although I think you'll keep this forever, the troll for Contador-fans.

Support one of two is my prerogative. You dislike the way I'm doing this? That's weird since you make some praises and deifications in a far more severe manner. ;) Say, the fact that Contador allegedly sacrificed the Mont Ventoux stage win for Armstrong... it was too much

Don't forget that Froome was riding in a level playing field in the 11 Vuelta in the third week. And he showed himself as a brilliant climber. A magnificent one.
User avatar airstream

19 Feb 2013 08:12

airstream wrote:Support one of two is my prerogative. You dislike the way I'm doing this? That's weird since you make some praises and deifications in a far more severe manner. ;) Say, the fact that Contador allegedly sacrificed the Mont Ventoux stage win for Armstrong... it was too much

Don't forget that Froome was riding in a level playing field in the 11 Vuelta in the third week. And he showed himself as a brilliant climber. A magnificent one.

The only reason why you've this avatar is to troll Contador-fans :D

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 08:22

sacrifice&hardwork wrote:KEEP THAT FAITH AND HOPE ALIVE LaFlo and virandociclista!!! :)

Always have faith in Alberto, no matter how dark the tunnel may seem - he again will show why he's Alberto Contador ;)

And remember the team is having a team training camp in Corsica (?) for the riders starting in Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico which can be a good thing, yes?

#believeinalberto :D

Yes I hope they do some hard training in Corsica, hopefully we will also find out who will ride TA, I'm hoping for Manuele, Bennati and Mickey Rogy for the team tt
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 10:59

SafeBet wrote:No way. I think many posters around here overestimate Nibbles potential. I love him for his attitude, but he's not the biggest talent around. Still I wouldn't picture an aging Horner as a big threat for him in a stage race.

I think Nibali has a shot in a race like this. Top tier GT contenders might or might not want to go all out, race in Italy, one of the stronger teams in a TTT to support him, he is pretty decent in ITT, etc.
User avatar Roude Leiw

19 Feb 2013 11:05

Roude Leiw wrote:I think Nibali has a shot in a race like this. Top tier GT contenders might or might not want to go all out, race in Italy, one of the stronger teams in a TTT to support him, he is pretty decent in ITT, etc.

Nibali has a shot in many races similar to the T-A one, but I think Froome and Contador will enter this event with one objective: Win.
Dazed and Confused
Veteran

19 Feb 2013 11:32

Roude Leiw wrote:I think Nibali has a shot in a race like this. Top tier GT contenders might or might not want to go all out, race in Italy, one of the stronger teams in a TTT to support him, he is pretty decent in ITT, etc.

On paper his team is alright, but in reality his team is in terribe form. At least, that's what you can conclude with their results in the preparation races. Nibali is the only one who I've seen getting a result. He should be happy if he podiums this race, Rodriguez, Contador, Froome, Evans, they were all better in Oman. He should count on a surprise attack, or just a miracle.
User avatar Pentacycle

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing