Register

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: peloton, Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky

18 Mar 2017 19:01

No, that's how he's called by his team mates.
User avatar Flamin

Re:

18 Mar 2017 19:05

Flamin wrote:No, that's how he's called by his team mates.

Really? Thats a really cool nickname :lol:
User avatar Gigs_98

18 Mar 2017 19:15

Would not think that MSR will be his first monument to win. Would go more with either RvV or L-B-L. But very happy to see him winning.
dick the quick

Re: Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

18 Mar 2017 20:20

Gigs_98 wrote:It's actually impressive that Kwiatkowskis one day race palmares is only slightly worse than Sagans.

Sagan has won:
-2xWC
-RVV
-2x GW
-E3
-Quebec
-Montreal

Kwiat has won:
-WC
-MSR
-E3
-AGR
-2x SB

So Sagan has one more very big win and all in all 2 more classics. Still considering that 2014 was Kwiats first good season and that he was far from his best in the last two years this is very surprising.

And that's the usual problem when you only look at one aspect (aka winning, although the far most important one). Or do you really think Kwiatkowski is very close to Sagan in terms of one-day racing? I don't. Although I think, he really is one of the finest classics riders in the peloton, and today's victory is a testament to that.
User avatar Mr.White

18 Mar 2017 22:19

Mr.White wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:It's actually impressive that Kwiatkowskis one day race palmares is only slightly worse than Sagans.

Sagan has won:
-2xWC
-RVV
-2x GW
-E3
-Quebec
-Montreal

Kwiat has won:
-WC
-MSR
-E3
-AGR
-2x SB

So Sagan has one more very big win and all in all 2 more classics. Still considering that 2014 was Kwiats first good season and that he was far from his best in the last two years this is very surprising.

And that's the usual problem when you only look at one aspect (aka winning, although the far most important one). Or do you really think Kwiatkowski is very close to Sagan in terms of one-day racing? I don't. Although I think, he really is one of the finest classics riders in the peloton, and today's victory is a testament to that.

That was the point of the post. The statistic makes it look as if kwiat is about as good as Sagan although the reality is that sagan is clearly at least one class above him. Although kwiatkowski is ofc still a superb classics rider
User avatar Gigs_98

Re: Re:

18 Mar 2017 22:31

Gigs_98 wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:Kawasaki really has a killer instinct in classics. When he is in a finale, he usually wins it.

I will always echo what DFA said, its very impressive that he has won such a wide variety of classics. Really a born classics rider with big flair for winning
I guess that was autocorrect but I still think we should make this his official nickname :D

I laughed! :D
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

18 Mar 2017 22:50

Gigs_98 wrote:
Mr.White wrote:

Sagan has won:
-2xWC
-RVV
-2x GW
-E3
-Quebec
-Montreal

Kwiat has won:
-WC
-MSR
-E3
-AGR
-2x SB

That was the point of the post. The statistic makes it look as if kwiat is about as good as Sagan although the reality is that sagan is clearly at least one class above him. Although kwiatkowski is ofc still a superb classics rider

I get your point, but you didn't get mine. With a superficial observation, of only major wins, it looks like they're really close. But, if you scratch a little bit, you'll find that Sagan has 3 Monument podiums and numerous top10 placings in them. Kwiat has one podium and no top10 other than that. Sagan has 5 other WT classics wins + 8 podiums, Kwiat has 3 wins + 1 podium. Sagan has 18 one-day wins (Including Nationals), Kwiat has 8 wins. So, to summarize, just looking at the whole statistics of these two riders, to me it's obvious that Sagan is clearly better one-day rider
User avatar Mr.White

18 Mar 2017 23:16

Mr.White wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
Mr.White wrote:

Sagan has won:
-2xWC
-RVV
-2x GW
-E3
-Quebec
-Montreal

Kwiat has won:
-WC
-MSR
-E3
-AGR
-2x SB

I get your point, but you didn't get mine. With a superficial observation, of only major wins, it looks like they're really close. But, if you scratch a little bit, you'll find that Sagan has 3 Monument podiums and numerous top10 placings in them. Kwiat has one podium and no top10 other than that. Sagan has 5 other WT classics wins + 8 podiums, Kwiat has 3 wins + 1 podium. Sagan has 18 one-day wins (Including Nationals), Kwiat has 8 wins. So, to summarize, just looking at the whole statistics of these two riders, to me it's obvious that Sagan is clearly better one-day rider

Gigs 98 is not disagreeing with you. Everyone knows that Sagan is the stronger one day racer. It is a particularly good reflection on Kwiatkowski's racing brain that a list of their biggest one day wins hides that fact.
Zinoviev Letter

19 Mar 2017 01:45

Smart ride by Kwia. Sagan has to learn to hold his nerve a bit more. Some of the great sprinters from previous years would have waited until the bunch was right on top of them, that's the way to force others to the front but I'm still not convinced that Sagan would have had the legs to beat Kwia after the way he worked and rode the hill. Kwia is an underrated sprinter at the end of a hard race.
movingtarget
Veteran

19 Mar 2017 04:08

I think his sprinting is close to Sagan's. However since he does not use it in sprinting for the green jersey or the normal sprints, nobody knows about it.
IndianCyclist

Re:

19 Mar 2017 08:10

IndianCyclist wrote:I think his sprinting is close to Sagan's. However since he does not use it in sprinting for the green jersey or the normal sprints, nobody knows about it.

If Kwiat could win bunch sprints, he'd certainly try. Big difference between a low speed sprint after a hard race and a 65km/h dash at the end of an easy race.
User avatar PremierAndrew

19 Mar 2017 08:23

Anyway, MSR down. He clearly has the attributes to win LBL and Lombardia. If he can win E3, maybe he can win Flanders too (although it should be noted he really struggled on the cobbles even in the E3 he won). And then who knows, with enough training, if he wants to win all 5 monuments himself too, he could try PR too. He's also already won the worlds.
User avatar PremierAndrew

19 Mar 2017 10:26

Kwiatkowski will always struggle in Ronde Vlaanderen and Paris Roubiax as they don't suit his characteristics - Think Lombardia is a stretch against good climbers - Ardennes should suit his characteristics.
yaco

Re:

19 Mar 2017 12:04

yaco wrote:Kwiatkowski will always struggle in Ronde Vlaanderen and Paris Roubiax as they don't suit his characteristics - Think Lombardia is a stretch against good climbers - Ardennes should suit his characteristics.

Hmm, no. Let him try to peak for Flanders and race it. Don't give me he tried in 2016 as he was worse in the Ardennes anyways. Kwito is definitely a Flanders-rider.
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

19 Mar 2017 14:17

Mr.White wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
Mr.White wrote:

Sagan has won:
-2xWC
-RVV
-2x GW
-E3
-Quebec
-Montreal

Kwiat has won:
-WC
-MSR
-E3
-AGR
-2x SB

Are you 100% sure that I don't get your point?
User avatar Gigs_98

Re:

19 Mar 2017 15:00

yaco wrote:Kwiatkowski will always struggle in Ronde Vlaanderen and Paris Roubiax as they don't suit his characteristics - Think Lombardia is a stretch against good climbers - Ardennes should suit his characteristics.

Yea but sometimes it's just a decent size group at Bergamo Alta after as easier Lombardia. He should be able to contend then.
"Winning is about heart, not just legs. It's got to be in the right place." -Lance Armstrong
User avatar Sciocco

19 Mar 2017 15:24

Gigs_98 wrote:
Mr.White wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
Mr.White wrote:

Sagan has won:
-2xWC
-RVV
-2x GW
-E3
-Quebec
-Montreal

Kwiat has won:
-WC
-MSR
-E3
-AGR
-2x SB

Are you 100% sure that I don't get your point?

Well, let's clear things up. To me, ONLY looking at STATISTICS, Sagan is clearly better classics rider than Kwiatkowski. Is that the case with you too?
User avatar Mr.White

19 Mar 2017 16:27

Yeah I agree :)
User avatar Gigs_98

19 Mar 2017 18:16

It's settled then.. ;)
User avatar Mr.White

20 Mar 2017 03:57

Smartest rider in the sport! And now gets his first (hopefully of many) monument win. Amazing!
damian13ster

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing