Log in:  

Register

The No Spoilers Thread (aka I'm going to watch the race later, help me out)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

11 May 2014 21:44

If anyone wants to put up what comes up for the Giro (and Cali, for that matter) until next Saturday (which is my next day on the internet), I'd be very appreciative. If something happens crazy far from the finish somewhere that isn't covered by youtube, that would be good info to have as well. Thanks in advance.
skidmark
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,633
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:16

Live streams in the US?

12 May 2014 01:28

Is there any way for those of us in the U.S. to watch a live stream of the Giro? One that isn't malwared? I'm actually willing to pay something for that - and a few years ago I did watch the Giro that way, but I can't find that option now. I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm not keeping up with the tech options, I know.
JohnNordin
Junior Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 07:18

12 May 2014 02:04

JohnNordin wrote:Is there any way for those of us in the U.S. to watch a live stream of the Giro? One that isn't malwared? I'm actually willing to pay something for that - and a few years ago I did watch the Giro that way, but I can't find that option now. I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm not keeping up with the tech options, I know.


It is being shown live on Bein sports on TV. For live coverage over the internet look at the links on Steephill (http://www.steephill.tv/) and Cyclingfans (http://www.cyclingfans.com/live_race_coverage). Some links are geo-restricted, but you can usually find one or two that work.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,595
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

12 May 2014 18:44

Tour of California 2014 - HD Stage 1 - Sacramento › Sacramento (last 78km)

edit: Might add that more than just the finish is worth watching, but I don't want to give any spoilers.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,997
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

13 May 2014 17:23

use noscripts and adblocks to weed out unwanted stuff.

the links in steephill have been safe, in general. hav been using it for the past 5 yrs.

if you just want a decent stream, then you may try sporza or rai. the basque language site works sometimes. the commentators in italian channel make lot of noise when there is an attack. dutch channels are tougher, sometimes they scream. these channels pronounce names differently.
Cycling is interesting only because the line between the improbable and the attainable is not clear.
User avatar murali
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,732
Joined: 26 Nov 2012 07:20

15 May 2014 19:14

Are there any videos of todays Giro stage? Highlights?
User avatar Walkman
Member
 
Posts: 1,979
Joined: 04 Apr 2010 20:39

15 May 2014 19:27

Walkman wrote:Are there any videos of todays Giro stage? Highlights?


If you are really eager to see something, this video starts with 7.8 km to go, but I would recommend to wait for a longer video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpISTt4Isvw
User avatar Hugo87
Member
 
Posts: 1,082
Joined: 21 Mar 2013 21:15
Location: Portugal

15 May 2014 19:53

Hugo87 wrote:If you are really eager to see something, this video starts with 7.8 km to go, but I would recommend to wait for a longer video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpISTt4Isvw


Ok, thanks for the heads up! Eurosport will air one hour of coverage from todays stage in 11 minutes actually, so I will watch that instead! :)

Was hoping to get into bed early tonight but I guess you have to down-prioritize sleep when there is exams coming up and both the Giro and ToC is on! :)

I am going to be a living dead tomorrow..
User avatar Walkman
Member
 
Posts: 1,979
Joined: 04 Apr 2010 20:39

15 May 2014 19:58

Walkman wrote:Ok, thanks for the heads up! Eurosport will air one hour of coverage from todays stage in 11 minutes actually, so I will watch that instead! :)

Was hoping to get into bed early tonight but I guess you have to down-prioritize sleep when there is exams coming up and both the Giro and ToC is on! :)

I am going to be a living dead tomorrow..


It will be a worthy watch ;)

Good luck managing that time with exams and cycling, June and July were always complicated for me, so I know your feeling. :)
User avatar Hugo87
Member
 
Posts: 1,082
Joined: 21 Mar 2013 21:15
Location: Portugal

Cyclingtorrents.nl down?

17 May 2014 07:03

Hey so when I came home from work and went to download today's Giro stage after hitting refresh on the browse screen for cycling torrents.nl I keep getting a 404 not found message.

Is everyone getting this and does anyone know what is going on?
cawright1375
Junior Member
 
Posts: 138
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 13:28


17 May 2014 07:56

As an idea, maybe we should do like in the Race design thread, and use the OP as a library post and then link to other library posts?
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,997
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

17 May 2014 18:01

cawright1375 wrote:

Is everyone getting this and does anyone know what is going on?


I'm getting the same. I've been riding all morning and haven't seen the stage yet and I'm trying hard not to see the results.
User avatar jaylew
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,141
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

17 May 2014 18:09

I will link to today's stage as soon as I can find a video of more than just the last 8km.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,997
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

18 May 2014 15:35

Netserk wrote:As an idea, maybe we should do like in the Race design thread, and use the OP as a library post and then link to other library posts?


Good idea, I'll try to keep it updated with the links people post.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,595
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

18 May 2014 20:35

anyone have yesterday's or today's giro stages? Thanks for all the other links, netserk.
skidmark
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,633
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:16

18 May 2014 20:39

skidmark wrote:anyone have yesterday's or today's giro stages? Thanks for all the other links, netserk.

Only shorter (last 20-30min) vids, which is more or less okay on a one-climb stage like today, but on a stage like yesterday, I'd prefer to see all three climbs myself, if I sought for no spoiler video of that stage.

20 minutes vid of the last 7.5km from yesterday

30 minutes vod of the last 10.5km from today

If you can wait longer, I'll link to longer recordings once I see any.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,997
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

18 May 2014 20:57

Netserk wrote:Only shorter (last 20-30min) vids, which is more or less okay on a one-climb stage like today, but on a stage like yesterday, I'd prefer to see all three climbs myself, if I sought for no spoiler video of that stage.

20 minutes vid of the last 7.5km from yesterday

30 minutes vod of the last 10.5km from today

If you can wait longer, I'll link to longer recordings once I see any.


okay, I'll wait a bit longer, hopefully there'll be a longer video.
skidmark
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,633
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:16

18 May 2014 21:18

Here is a complete video of today's stage in Italian. Be careful, though. If you're not very careful you'll see the name of the stage winner. :mad: Cover the area just below the video frame and click full screen and you should be ok.
User avatar jaylew
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,141
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

18 May 2014 21:35

jaylew wrote:Here is a complete video of today's stage in Italian. Be careful, though. If you're not very careful you'll see the name of the stage winner. :mad: Cover the area just below the video frame and click full screen and you should be ok.

Awesomeness! (other than the spoiler of the stage winner)

Fucking 4 hours of coverage of Saturday's stage to Montecopiolo!! (Beware of stage winner spoiler though)

Okay I am trying to get around it, so I can get the video and then hopefully upload it somewhere like Vimeo so it can be seen without any spoiler, but so far the closest I've come is: http://www.rai.it/dl/video/smooth/raisport/raisport_5852.xml :p So I don't really know what I'm doing, and would appreciate help from someone with more software knowledge.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,997
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rokopt and 164 guests

Back to top