Log in:  

Register

Julian Alaphilippe

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

08 Mar 2017 16:48

Enough second places for Julian!

It's time to win big.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Member
 
Posts: 1,753
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

08 Mar 2017 16:58

Spectacular ride! He's going to win more often from now on...
User avatar Mr.White
Member
 
Posts: 1,618
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 17:13

Re: Julian Alaphilippe

08 Mar 2017 17:05

Getting ready to take over from Valverde :) I was expecting Betancur to be that one but it looks like Alaphilippe is the chosen.
User avatar DBotero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,080
Joined: 14 Mar 2015 14:22

08 Mar 2017 17:33

Wow ! What a ride from Balaphilippe !

Once you get the winning habit it will be hard to stop him.

Ready to take over as the Ardennes king.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,947
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

Re:

08 Mar 2017 17:43

the asian wrote:Wow ! What a ride from Balaphilippe !

Once you get the winning habit it will be hard to stop him.

Ready to take over as the Ardennes king.


So we will have two kings now. Him and Kwiatko. :D
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,440
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

Re: Re:

08 Mar 2017 17:54

SKSemtex wrote:
the asian wrote:Wow ! What a ride from Balaphilippe !

Once you get the winning habit it will be hard to stop him.

Ready to take over as the Ardennes king.


So we will have two kings now. Him and Kwiatko. :D


Should be a great duel over the years.

Kwiat will have to get out of SKY though. ;)
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,947
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

08 Mar 2017 18:37

What a spectacular rider, one of those that seemed to be born on the bike like Sagan and Valverde.. magnificent! The big mountain stage will tell us a lot what to expect in a race such as TdF, but for now, he should just focus on winning the hard one day races and week long stage races.

Really happy for him and French cycling. Bardet, Pinot, Démare, Bouhanni, Gallopin, Barguil, Coquard are all talented, but Alaphlippe is in a class on his own. So talented it hurts!
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,604
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

08 Mar 2017 19:20

He doesn't need to do well in GT's.

Better be a great hilly classic rider winning plenty of LBL's & Lombardia's
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,947
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

Re:

08 Mar 2017 19:23

the asian wrote:He doesn't need to do well in GT's.

Better be a great hilly classic rider winning plenty of LBL's & Lombardia's

He doesn't need to, but it is absolutely inevitably he will try to win Tour de France at some point with that talent. Or some of the GT's.
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,604
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Re:

08 Mar 2017 19:26

Valv.Piti wrote:
the asian wrote:He doesn't need to do well in GT's.

Better be a great hilly classic rider winning plenty of LBL's & Lombardia's

He doesn't need to, but it is absolutely inevitably he will try to win Tour de France at some point with that talent. Or some of the GT's.



Don't think he can do well in the high mountains.

I'll be amazed if he wins a GT.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,947
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

Re: Re:

08 Mar 2017 19:39

the asian wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
the asian wrote:He doesn't need to do well in GT's.

Better be a great hilly classic rider winning plenty of LBL's & Lombardia's

He doesn't need to, but it is absolutely inevitably he will try to win Tour de France at some point with that talent. Or some of the GT's.



Don't think he can do well in the high mountains.

I'll be amazed if he wins a GT.

He did well in high mountains in the Dauphine but those stages weren't the hardest honestly.

I don't think he can win TdF unless they tailor-make a route for him, but Giro and Vuelta, especially the latter, is very realistic.
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,604
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

08 Mar 2017 19:48

Let the week end before hyping him above all skies. ;)
User avatar Alexandre B.
Member
 
Posts: 1,753
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re:

08 Mar 2017 19:56

Alexandre B. wrote:Let the week end before hyping him above all skies. ;)

I don't think Im hyping him more than he deserves to be, what he showed today was out of the ordinary really. Just saying that he obviously will have a go at a GT at some point. ;)
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,604
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Julian Alaphilippe

08 Mar 2017 20:01

He is 24. Give him two years, get him to a team which knows how to do well in a GC overall and then we'll see. First he needs to secure this one.
Max Rockatansky
Member
 
Posts: 507
Joined: 16 Jun 2015 11:59

Re: Julian Alaphilippe

09 Mar 2017 03:24

Guy waqs riding epic three years ago in the Tour of Cali
This Charming Man
Junior Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: 17 May 2016 02:46

11 Mar 2017 07:31

Race smartness is still not there, as seen yesterday.

What was the point of responding to Porte's attack? Yates was well ahead for the stage and Porte is no threat for GC. He probably lost a few seconds there.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Member
 
Posts: 1,753
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re:

11 Mar 2017 07:36

Alexandre B. wrote:Race smartness is still not there, as seen yesterday.

What was the point of responding to Porte's attack? Yates was well ahead for the stage and Porte is no threat for GC. He probably lost a few seconds there.

Just racing to his limits, seeing what he is capable of. He will learn.. and its better he did it yesterday than today!
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,604
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re:

11 Mar 2017 10:53

Alexandre B. wrote:Race smartness is still not there, as seen yesterday.

What was the point of responding to Porte's attack? Yates was well ahead for the stage and Porte is no threat for GC. He probably lost a few seconds there.


Winning mentality:"I don't want to be a maillot jaune who is only defensive"
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alaphilippe-attack-best-form-of-defence-in-paris-nice/
User avatar DBotero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,080
Joined: 14 Mar 2015 14:22

12 Mar 2017 19:46

He will race MSR. :)
User avatar Alexandre B.
Member
 
Posts: 1,753
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re: Julian Alaphilippe

18 Mar 2017 16:23

Nice result on finishing on the podium :)
User avatar DBotero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,080
Joined: 14 Mar 2015 14:22

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barmaher, Bing [Bot], Dekker_Tifosi, Google Adsense [Bot], GuyIncognito, jsem94, Libertine Seguros, Sciocco, Sorped, StephenC2020, tobydawq, UselessToo and 55 guests

Back to top