Register

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

14 Feb 2018 18:43

Valv.Piti, agreed that they really could use that good #2 in the Ardennes to take a bit of the pressure off Valverde. The last time they had that was before Valverde's ban when Purito was there. If Landa can do that properly he would be an asset there.

Blanco, except that Landa does do stupid stuff at times. However, I do think to a point you're correct that he knows very well Valverde runs that team. I do think there will be a different dynamic between Landa and Valverde vs Landa and Quintana. If he's serious about wanting to learn, going to the Ardennes with Valverde is the best thing he can do as he can learn a lot.
User avatar Koronin

Re:

14 Feb 2018 18:59

Koronin wrote:Valv.Piti, agreed that they really could use that good #2 in the Ardennes to take a bit of the pressure off Valverde. The last time they had that was before Valverde's ban when Purito was there. If Landa can do that properly he would be an asset there.

Blanco, except that Landa does do stupid stuff at times. However, I do think to a point you're correct that he knows very well Valverde runs that team. I do think there will be a different dynamic between Landa and Valverde vs Landa and Quintana. If he's serious about wanting to learn, going to the Ardennes with Valverde is the best thing he can do as he can learn a lot.

It is already evident. Landa and Valverde are often praising each other, while I didn't noticed that between Landa and Quintana.
User avatar Blanco

Re: Re:

14 Feb 2018 19:20

Blanco wrote:
Koronin wrote:Valv.Piti, agreed that they really could use that good #2 in the Ardennes to take a bit of the pressure off Valverde. The last time they had that was before Valverde's ban when Purito was there. If Landa can do that properly he would be an asset there.

It is already evident. Landa and Valverde are often praising each other, while I didn't noticed that between Landa and Quintana.

True, and we haven't seen this with Landa anywhere before. In the rest of that interview with Landa he talked about training in Mallorca and esp with Valverde and then how happy he was that Valverde won at Valencia. So yeah, with the way he's talking it is possible that Valverde may be the one rider whom he's willing to actually work for. Wouldn't be surprised if Valverde and Contador are to a point heroes of his as he would have watched them growing up, so that also may lead to his very different attitude and willing to defer.
User avatar Koronin

Previous

Return to Professional road racing