Log in:  

Register

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

14 Feb 2018 18:43

Valv.Piti, agreed that they really could use that good #2 in the Ardennes to take a bit of the pressure off Valverde. The last time they had that was before Valverde's ban when Purito was there. If Landa can do that properly he would be an asset there.

Blanco, except that Landa does do stupid stuff at times. However, I do think to a point you're correct that he knows very well Valverde runs that team. I do think there will be a different dynamic between Landa and Valverde vs Landa and Quintana. If he's serious about wanting to learn, going to the Ardennes with Valverde is the best thing he can do as he can learn a lot.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,779
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re:

14 Feb 2018 18:59

Koronin wrote:Valv.Piti, agreed that they really could use that good #2 in the Ardennes to take a bit of the pressure off Valverde. The last time they had that was before Valverde's ban when Purito was there. If Landa can do that properly he would be an asset there.

Blanco, except that Landa does do stupid stuff at times. However, I do think to a point you're correct that he knows very well Valverde runs that team. I do think there will be a different dynamic between Landa and Valverde vs Landa and Quintana. If he's serious about wanting to learn, going to the Ardennes with Valverde is the best thing he can do as he can learn a lot.


It is already evident. Landa and Valverde are often praising each other, while I didn't noticed that between Landa and Quintana.
User avatar Blanco
Member
 
Posts: 1,379
Joined: 06 Jun 2017 19:33
Location: Serbia

Re: Re:

14 Feb 2018 19:20

Blanco wrote:
Koronin wrote:Valv.Piti, agreed that they really could use that good #2 in the Ardennes to take a bit of the pressure off Valverde. The last time they had that was before Valverde's ban when Purito was there. If Landa can do that properly he would be an asset there.

Blanco, except that Landa does do stupid stuff at times. However, I do think to a point you're correct that he knows very well Valverde runs that team. I do think there will be a different dynamic between Landa and Valverde vs Landa and Quintana. If he's serious about wanting to learn, going to the Ardennes with Valverde is the best thing he can do as he can learn a lot.


It is already evident. Landa and Valverde are often praising each other, while I didn't noticed that between Landa and Quintana.


True, and we haven't seen this with Landa anywhere before. In the rest of that interview with Landa he talked about training in Mallorca and esp with Valverde and then how happy he was that Valverde won at Valencia. So yeah, with the way he's talking it is possible that Valverde may be the one rider whom he's willing to actually work for. Wouldn't be surprised if Valverde and Contador are to a point heroes of his as he would have watched them growing up, so that also may lead to his very different attitude and willing to defer.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,779
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

10 Mar 2018 20:06

Showing strength and style for July...and to Nairo. :D
User avatar KyoGrey
Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 21:57
Location: España

10 Mar 2018 20:20

Grande Mikel! Impressive win. First in his new "colors", bodes well for the future.
User avatar Blanco
Member
 
Posts: 1,379
Joined: 06 Jun 2017 19:33
Location: Serbia

10 Mar 2018 20:54

Landa suggested that his move from Sky to Movistar had given him "ganancias marginales" :lol: . Brilliant.
User avatar Blanco
Member
 
Posts: 1,379
Joined: 06 Jun 2017 19:33
Location: Serbia

Re:

10 Mar 2018 20:56

Blanco wrote:Landa suggested that his move from Sky to Movistar had given him "ganancias marginales" :lol: . Brilliant.


I love it. Although I'm not sure if he's joking or mocking Sky. Either way it's funny.

Great to see him get his first win of the season and first win for Movistar.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,779
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re:

10 Mar 2018 20:57

Blanco wrote:Landa suggested that his move from Sky to Movistar had given him "ganancias marginales" :lol: . Brilliant.

Landa really is a bit like Gibo, no filter. :D
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,413
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re:

10 Mar 2018 21:09

Blanco wrote:Landa suggested that his move from Sky to Movistar had given him "ganancias marginales" :lol: . Brilliant.

this is the reason I really like him, he is stellar on and off the bike
portugal11
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,963
Joined: 05 Aug 2015 23:15

Re:

10 Mar 2018 21:23

Blanco wrote:Landa suggested that his move from Sky to Movistar had given him "ganancias marginales" :lol: . Brilliant.

To be fair, that expression was in the journalist's question. Journos know how to pull words out of Mikel's tongue.
ice&fire
Member
 
Posts: 1,354
Joined: 01 Jul 2015 19:30

Re: Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

10 Mar 2018 22:43

KyoGrey wrote:Showing strength and style for July...and to Nairo. :D


Nairo won’t be impressed unless Landa wins the GC. :)

I do hope he wins.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
_____________________________________________________________________________
Canton Ave Climb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C90ZPlbEfmU
User avatar Jspear
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,541
Joined: 23 Feb 2014 03:50
Location: N. VA, USA

11 Mar 2018 00:46

His panache/style/swag level is very high in this peloton of widespread anonymity.
User avatar KyoGrey
Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 21:57
Location: España

Re:

11 Mar 2018 08:19

KyoGrey wrote:His panache/style/swag level is very high in this peloton of widespread anonymity.

His style and swag is Valverde-esque, when he attacks in the drops he is golden!
"Es el mejor con y sin"
WORLD CHAMPION
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,569
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Re:

11 Mar 2018 13:03

Valv.Piti wrote:
KyoGrey wrote:His panache/style/swag level is very high in this peloton of widespread anonymity.

His style and swag is Valverde-esque, when he attacks in the drops he is golden!


His style is even better then Bala's.

Valverde is classy, But Landa is just Dalí, Picasso or Rembrandt on a bike. He doesn't push the pedals, he's
caresses them! :) :)
User avatar Arredondo
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,421
Joined: 16 Aug 2013 16:26
Location: Raalte, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

11 Mar 2018 15:19

Arredondo wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
KyoGrey wrote:His panache/style/swag level is very high in this peloton of widespread anonymity.

His style and swag is Valverde-esque, when he attacks in the drops he is golden!


His style is even better then Bala's.

Valverde is classy, But Landa is just Dalí, Picasso or Rembrandt on a bike. He doesn't push the pedals, he's
caresses them! :) :)

Yeah, we can agree on that. He is one of those riders it just looks so easy for and you'll often find yourself wondering why he isn't going faster since it obviously doesn't hurt while he is at 190 BPM. :lol:
"Es el mejor con y sin"
WORLD CHAMPION
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,569
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Re:

11 Mar 2018 15:38

Valv.Piti wrote:
Arredondo wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
KyoGrey wrote:His panache/style/swag level is very high in this peloton of widespread anonymity.

His style and swag is Valverde-esque, when he attacks in the drops he is golden!


His style is even better then Bala's.

Valverde is classy, But Landa is just Dalí, Picasso or Rembrandt on a bike. He doesn't push the pedals, he's
caresses them! :) :)

Yeah, we can agree on that. He is one of those riders it just looks so easy for and you'll often find yourself wondering why he isn't going faster since it obviously doesn't hurt while he is at 190 BPM. :lol:


As for style comparisons, Landa climbing style could be said more like a combination of Pantani (low hold on handlebars/low RPM) and Bugno (seamless at max effort) than of Valverde.
User avatar KyoGrey
Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 21:57
Location: España

Re: Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

03 Apr 2018 10:40

He saved the day yesterday to come in with the Quintana group. He did a good descent. He must be going for the overall. Maybe he can comeback and take back som time. Will be interesting to see how he goes along with Quintana now that Valverde isn`t there.
User avatar Serpentin
Junior Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: 12 Sep 2017 09:17

03 Apr 2018 17:04

Good today, bodes well for remainder of the race. I predict a stage win. GC placing will heavily depend on his ITT.
User avatar Blanco
Member
 
Posts: 1,379
Joined: 06 Jun 2017 19:33
Location: Serbia

04 Apr 2018 03:27

This GC in general is going to come down to who can and who can't do a good TT. Nice save yesterday and today a good job gaining time many of the GC guys by staying in that lead group. Seems day 1 was just a bad day.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,779
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

04 Apr 2018 08:00

It wasn't a bad day. He was too far behind when the hill started and had to overtake a shitload of riders.
He would probably have been on Quintana's level and he's getting better.
He will destroy everybody in the last stage,
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,133
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: infeXio, Põhja Konn, SpeciaaliJussi and 53 guests

Back to top