Register

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

14 May 2017 15:27

Richeypen wrote:Vuelta it is then................

He'll be the Dawg's dawg then
ice&fire

Re:

14 May 2017 15:32

therealthing wrote:What's the point anymore? Can't watch a race without some external factor messing everything up. The Giro is over for me how- Quintana will obviously win. We should not have to stand for these motos. Peloton needs to protest: refuse to race or something until they sort this crap out.

Let's not pretend Landa was likely to challenge Quintana.
User avatar SeriousSam
Veteran

Re: Re:

14 May 2017 15:35

SeriousSam wrote:
therealthing wrote:What's the point anymore? Can't watch a race without some external factor messing everything up. The Giro is over for me how- Quintana will obviously win. We should not have to stand for these motos. Peloton needs to protest: refuse to race or something until they sort this crap out.

This. And neither was Thomas for that matter.
kingjr

14 May 2017 15:36

SeriousSam wrote:

... Well, lets be honest, he was the only one who could have challenged him, at least on the mountains.
durtyfat7

14 May 2017 15:37

Ridiculous.
User avatar lenric

14 May 2017 15:38

kingjr wrote:
SeriousSam wrote:

''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

14 May 2017 15:43

BigMac wrote:
kingjr wrote:
SeriousSam wrote:

What was the point then, enlighten me.
kingjr

14 May 2017 15:44

Finished 27 minutes down
User avatar jaylew
Veteran

14 May 2017 15:50

kingjr wrote:
BigMac wrote:
kingjr wrote:
SeriousSam wrote:

What was the point then, enlighten me.

It certainly wasn't (just) about Thomas or Landa being contenders, but the motorbikes influencing race results, whatever they might be. And you didn't know for sure they were not gonna be up there.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

14 May 2017 15:54

BigMac wrote:
kingjr wrote:What was the point then, enlighten me.

It certainly wasn't (just) about Thomas or Landa being contenders, but the motorbikes influencing race results, whatever they might be. And you didn't know for sure they were not gonna be up there.
The bolded is key. The other part is something that obviously everybody agrees with. Of course I don't know for sure, but expected Top 5 for Landa at best. I think he's been overhyped since the Giro 2015.
kingjr

14 May 2017 16:01

kingjr wrote:
BigMac wrote:

The bolded is key. The other part is something that obviously everybody agrees with. Of course I don't know for sure, but expected Top 5 for Landa at best. I think he's been overhyped since the Giro 2015.

You're right in a sense. But, even in the Vuelta 2015, he was one of the strongest while he was working for Aru in the last 2 weeks. The only problem is that the bad luck keeps hitting him since he joined Sky. He said he was feeling very good yesterday so we cant say he wouldn't follow Quintana today.
durtyfat7

14 May 2017 16:09

kingjr wrote:
BigMac wrote:

Why wouldn't he be over hyped after his 2015 Giro ride ?
movingtarget
Veteran

14 May 2017 16:13

kingjr wrote:
SeriousSam wrote:

Ok Landa wasn't too impressive lately but he was super motivated here: last year contract,huge competition for leadership at Sky.Maybe not good enough for an overall challenge,but who knows.Thomas on the other end was at his best ever,actually I was expecting him to be the main challenger for Quintana.
User avatar DBotero

14 May 2017 16:20

movingtarget wrote:
kingjr wrote:
BigMac wrote:

Why wouldn't he be over hyped after his 2015 Giro ride ?
He hasn't done anything great before or since.I found it strange that he was so good then and wasn't suprised he hasn't shown anything like it since.
kingjr

14 May 2017 16:27

Feel sorry for the poor guy - hope it's nothing serious.
Rød pølse - Breakfast of Champions!
User avatar Robert5091

Re: Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

14 May 2017 16:29

I do not believe the crash was such a big deal. The real problem is this ho hum Giro was insanely overhyped as the better alternative to the tour. Tom Dumoulin is and always was this GT's only chance to be interesting.

I would like to see Landa and Thomas drop out and prepare to join the TDF mountain train so people can go back to claiming they are worldbeaters and that evil Sky spends so much money and they take all the tier 1 GC prospects
User avatar myrideissteelerthanyours

14 May 2017 16:37

26 minutes down, looks like an abandon is in the cards. A shame.
DanielSong39

14 May 2017 16:46

Thomas crash seemed way worse then Landas'. This is so strange.
carolina

14 May 2017 17:04

Sometimes where someone is hurt is not always obvious
HelloDolly

14 May 2017 17:28

I expect Landa will be at a new team in 2018 - He's not a good fit for Sky.
yaco

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing