Register

Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

Re: Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

11 Feb 2018 14:28

Tibopino just completed the 59km cross country skiing race "La Transjurassienne", 50th in 2h42'. Bravo Tibo!

When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

11 Feb 2018 14:40

I didn't know he was spelled with a d.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

11 Feb 2018 15:23

Wary about the fact, that he is to do the Giro-Tour double again. Skipping the Tour would have been better imo, but you can't have it all. Hoping for a Giro podium and some victories in the late Italian autumn races, which I have fallen in love with!
User avatar Simurgh

12 Feb 2018 10:50

He's mainly doing the Tour for pr reasons to please the teams sponsors. He might try to win a stage, but furthermore Giro d'Italia & the Italian fall classics should be the his main season goals.
User avatar staubsauger

Re: Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

13 Feb 2018 04:11

Let's party like it's 1987 lads! And the Pinot is Irish ;) .

"17 was Thibaut back on the GT map, in a very convincing fashion, '18 is the crossroad: as his #1 fanboy here, I get to set the expectations :p .

Three preparation stage races: an early win as a bonus, Trentino (I can't call this TdA) is the first true test. Win or like last year, second and a stage. Build up.

No ifs, no buts, podium at Il Giro. In the predictions thread, I have Tibopino second: I don't want to jinx him. But...

Tour: I hate this, hated it last year. More recup, still...very scary proposition. Week one will be a lottery and luck is fickle: good in '14, bad in '15...I'm happy with a stage, dreaming of a polka-dot in Paris, maybe more.

RRWC: small group for a sprint: Valverde. Pinot to medal?

Late season: one win.

We'll see...
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

Previous

Return to Professional road racing