Register

Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

04 Jul 2015 17:49

Great ride by Pinot. Now, let us hope he survives stage 4 and the TTT stage without too much time loss. His teammates must step up big time here.
Punkan

Re:

04 Jul 2015 17:50

Punkan wrote:Great ride by Pinot. Now, let us hope he survives stage 4 and the TTT stage without too much time loss. His teammates must step up big time here.

Indeed, but how strong is his team really? I see Pinot as the dark horse in this years TDF , and its about time a french gets on Podium again!! His team though, might be the fall..
concorde

Re: Re:

04 Jul 2015 18:56

concorde wrote:
Punkan wrote:Great ride by Pinot. Now, let us hope he survives stage 4 and the TTT stage without too much time loss. His teammates must step up big time here.

Indeed, but how strong is his team really? I see Pinot as the dark horse in this years TDF , and its about time a french gets on Podium again!! His team though, might be the fall..

At least he's got Madiot calling the shots from the team car. That'll help during the classics stages between now and the TTT. #wishfulthinking
User avatar mr. tibbs

Re: Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

04 Jul 2015 19:21

This year pinot already won mtf´s in two different world tour races and now he is was one of the best gc riders in an ITT beating nibali, froome and contador. This could be an epic tour for him.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

04 Jul 2015 19:32

Don't think he wins it this year already, but I strongly believe in his chanches of finishing on the podium again. Though this time by virtue of strenght on the road rather than luck.
User avatar Põhja Konn

04 Jul 2015 19:39

He seems to have peeked way to erly on in the race, has no temates to help him out in the montains, expect him to fade week 2 onwards finishing around 10-15.
Ramon Koran

04 Jul 2015 19:42

concorde wrote:

They got 2nd and 3rd last year. ;)
User avatar fantomas

04 Jul 2015 19:54

I really hope he does well. The only one of the top 5 I actually believe in
User avatar PremierAndrew

Re:

04 Jul 2015 20:02

Ramon Koran wrote:He seems to have peeked way to erly on in the race, has no temates to help him out in the montains, expect him to fade week 2 onwards finishing around 10-15.

LMAO!!!! Peaked too early, the worst statement ive ever heard!!! Peaked too early stage 1 comedy brilliant!!!! Pinot will win the TDF 2015, people on this forum are very bad sporting analysts, they forget 2 important things 1 that sport is always more open than it ever looks anyone can on their day beat anyone with the right forces and 2 in the TDF , the maillot jaune has mystical powers. It makes riders perform 10,20 even 30% better than their form suggests and that despite being a team that should lose 1 or even 2 mins in a ttt when they are riding for and with a rider who they know has the TDF in his grasp they will out perform , the greatest team performance in any sport is in cycling and it is the 2008 Carlos Sastre team win under Bjarne Riis Team SaxoBank, Carlos was never rated by anyone, i seemed to be the only one , but he did it and they did it, no sport should be under estimated or a team or person, anyone can beat anyone. This forum should learn that philosphy. Pinot can win this TDF , right here right now :) lol
nelsonsmen71

Re:

04 Jul 2015 20:07

Ramon Koran wrote:He seems to have peeked way to erly on in the race, has no temates to help him out in the montains, expect him to fade week 2 onwards finishing around 10-15.

Last year he had no team mates either and finished 3rd. 10-15? I would bet money, my friend :cool: . He won't fade: actually last year he was really strong week 3. We can't talk about peaking early (it's too early :D ). Let's not get carried away either: it's stage 1. We can't talk about a podium finish just yet. But for sure, he looks good.
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

04 Jul 2015 20:09

nelsonsmen71 wrote:

LMAO!!!! Peaked too early, the worst statement ive ever heard!!! Peaked too early stage 1 comedy brilliant!!!! Pinot will win the TDF 2015, people on this forum are very bad sporting analysts, they forget 2 important things 1 that sport is always more open than it ever looks anyone can on their day beat anyone with the right forces and 2 in the TDF , the maillot jaune has mystical powers. It makes riders perform 10,20 even 30% better than their form suggests and that despite being a team that should lose 1 or even 2 mins in a ttt when they are riding for and with a rider who they know has the TDF in his grasp they will out perform , the greatest team performance in any sport is in cycling and it is the 2008 Carlos Sastre team win under Bjarne Riis Team SaxoBank, Carlos was never rated by anyone, i seemed to be the only one , but he did it and they did it, no sport should be under estimated or a team or person, anyone can beat anyone. This forum should learn that philosphy. Pinot can win this TDF , right here right now :) lol

Cycling is very predictable sport, all about watts and weight, simple facts are that Pinot's team are not strong enough, even if he is. In the mountains he will be isolated very early on and the other favorites will smell blood, he will be wide open to attacks. Untill he moves from his team he ain't going to win a Grand Tour.
Ramon Koran

04 Jul 2015 20:14

Tonton wrote:

Last year he had no team mates either and finished 3rd. 10-15? I would bet money, my friend :cool: . He won't fade: actually last year he was really strong week 3. We can't talk about peaking early (it's too early :D ). Let's not get carried away either: it's stage 1. We can't talk about a podium finish just yet. But for sure, he looks good.

I agree that he looks very good, in my opinion too good at this stage in the race, there is no way he can peak for a whole three weeks, so either he is just super strong and will win the tour, or (I think more likely) he will start to fade.
Ramon Koran

04 Jul 2015 20:51

nelsonsmen71 wrote:

The maillot jaune may have mystical powers but 1.)you can't benefit from them if you don't wear it; 2.) one of the mystical powers it doesn't have is that it doesn't give you a better team.
I think its possible that he wins the tour but its very very very unlikely.
Last edited by Gigs_98 on 04 Jul 2015 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

04 Jul 2015 20:54

Gigs_98 wrote:
nelsonsmen71 wrote:

The maillot jean may have mystical powers but 1.)you can't benefit from them if you don't wear it; 2.) one of the mystical powers it doesn't have is that it doesn't give you a better team.

Who is this Jean? And why would her shirt have mystical powers..?
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

04 Jul 2015 21:04

Ramon Koran wrote:
Tonton wrote:

I agree that he looks very good, in my opinion too good at this stage in the race, there is no way he can peak for a whole three weeks, so either he is just super strong and will win the tour, or (I think more likely) he will start to fade.

You can't possibly be serious or you're new at this. Of course it is possible to peak for a whole three weeks. that's what their preparation is all about, why these guys have the calendar that they have, training, rest, preparation races, all building up to peaking for three weeks in July. Look at Quintana today: do you think that he prepared to start peaking stage 10? Of course not. :confused: :eek: :mad:
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

04 Jul 2015 21:08

King Boonen wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
nelsonsmen71 wrote:

The maillot jean may have mystical powers but 1.)you can't benefit from them if you don't wear it; 2.) one of the mystical powers it doesn't have is that it doesn't give you a better team.

Try throwing water over it and you'll see what he means.
User avatar cellardoor

04 Jul 2015 21:09

King Boonen wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
nelsonsmen71 wrote:

why can't just everyone speak german, my life would be so much easier :(
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

04 Jul 2015 21:14

Gigs_98 wrote:why can't just everyone speak german, my life would be so much easier :(

You guys tried to force that issue twice!! :D

to be fair I can barely speak English...
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

05 Jul 2015 03:35

King Boonen wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:why can't just everyone speak german, my life would be so much easier :(

What a smart post. When so much trolling and name calling pollute the air, you are a class act my friend.
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

05 Jul 2015 07:02

King Boonen wrote:

And both times the austrians started :eek:
User avatar Akuryo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing