Register

Romain Bardet Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

10 Sep 2017 03:38

I think he should have dodged the Vuelta or pulled out early. He looked very tired at the end of the Tour.
movingtarget
Veteran

11 Sep 2017 13:30

I don't know about his form, but I think it was a necessary step in his career to race two Grands Tours in the same season. Said targeting one GC per year satisfies him now.

By the way, his season has ended, no Italian classics this year. :(
User avatar Alexandre B.

11 Sep 2017 13:47

Agree, it was a good opportunity for him and he took his chance a lot of time. I liked him in this aggressive mode.

He was strong and was pretty close to win a stage multiples times. I think this was necessary to his maturation. Look at Valverde this year, 3 GT in 2016 and never looked that strong in the spring. By the way he said on French Eurosport that he sometimes pulled more watts than in the Tour. :confused:

Better stop the season now if he feels tired. No point overdo it right now and mess his preparation for next year.

And he'll have more time to work on his TT. :o
User avatar Chrispol

Re:

11 Sep 2017 13:57

Chrispol wrote:Agree, it was a good opportunity for him and he took his chance a lot of time. I liked him in this aggressive mode.

He was strong and was pretty close to win a stage multiples times. I think this was necessary to his maturation. Look at Valverde this year, 3 GT in 2016 and never looked that strong in the spring. By the way he said on French Eurosport that he sometimes pulled more watts than in the Tour. :confused:

Better stop the season now if he feels tired. No point overdo it right now and mess his preparation for next year.

If rumors about the Tour 2018 are to be believed, he better work very hard. ;)
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 14:44

Alexandre B. wrote:
Chrispol wrote:Agree, it was a good opportunity for him and he took his chance a lot of time. I liked him in this aggressive mode.

Not that much ITT i heard, only one Individual. But a 35 km TTT, he's not the only one who will have to work. :D
User avatar Chrispol

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 15:17

Chrispol wrote:
Alexandre B. wrote:

Not that much ITT i heard, only one Individual. But a 35 km TTT, he's not the only one who will have to work. :D

Giro 2018 is on the table.
User avatar staubsauger

11 Sep 2017 16:43

The Giro has even more ITTs than the Tour. But Italy should suit him.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

15 Nov 2017 07:35

According to this article (fr), the bulk of his 2018 season should look like this: http://www.lemonde.fr/cyclisme/article/2017/11/15/cyclisme-pour-romain-bardet-le-tour-2018-passera-par-l-italie_5214960_1616656.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1510727306

Ruta del Sol/Tour d'Oman
Strade Bianche
Paris-Nice/Tirreno-Adriatico
Vuelta a Pais Vasco
Liège-Bastogne-Liège
Critérium du Dauphiné
Tour de France
World Championships
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re:

15 Nov 2017 12:30

Alexandre B. wrote:According to this article (fr), the bulk of his 2018 season should look like this: http://www.lemonde.fr/cyclisme/article/2017/11/15/cyclisme-pour-romain-bardet-le-tour-2018-passera-par-l-italie_5214960_1616656.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1510727306

Ruta del Sol/Tour d'Oman
Strade Bianche
Paris-Nice/Tirreno-Adriatico
Vuelta a Pais Vasco
Liège-Bastogne-Liège
Critérium du Dauphiné
Tour de France
World Championships

Nice program. Classic, but I like the introduction of Strade Bianche. I hope for you that he'll be at least 9th. :D
User avatar Chrispol

Previous

Return to Professional road racing