Register

More races gone?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

22 Sep 2017 12:04

What's the status for Bayern Rundfahrt and the Tour of Turkey?
User avatar Squire

Re:

22 Sep 2017 12:46

Squire wrote:What's the status for Bayern Rundfahrt and the Tour of Turkey?

The Tour of Turkey will be held 10-15 October this year and a similar time next year, according to the calendar. It's a WT race and it would have been "big" news if it had been dropped without even yet being ridden once as a WT race!
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

Re: Re:

22 Sep 2017 16:18

TMP402 wrote:

The Tour of Turkey will be held 10-15 October this year and a similar time next year, according to the calendar. It's a WT race and it would have been "big" news if it had been dropped without even yet being ridden once as a WT race!

Believe only 2 WT teams for Turkey - They'll need to better next year to keep their WT status.
yaco

22 Sep 2017 16:41

Thanks! Wasn't aware of the news that it would actually be held. I can imagine an all-Kazakh Astana team and a team of Trek stagiares lead by Julien Bernard or something. Could be another Caja Rural playground.
User avatar Squire

22 Sep 2017 16:47

yaco wrote:
TMP402 wrote:

Believe only 2 WT teams for Turkey - They'll need to better next year to keep their WT status.

And one of those 2 teams said they would go if they could find riders willing to go to Turkey but at the time (February) not a single rider on the squad was willing
User avatar GuyIncognito

22 Sep 2017 17:43

GuyIncognito wrote:
yaco wrote:
TMP402 wrote:

And one of those 2 teams said they would go if they could find riders willing to go to Turkey but at the time (February) not a single rider on the squad was willing

Maybe the Turkish government will offer some €€€ to riders.
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

22 Sep 2017 18:09

TMP402 wrote:Maybe the Turkish government will offer some €€€ to riders.

Friend of mine was almost arrested there by secret police a few days ago. ;)
Max Rockatansky

22 Sep 2017 20:08

Vuelta a Aragón is coming back also in May 2018.

Spanish cycling (slowly) regenerating itself at race and team level.

Will be a long journey to build back the infrastructure we had in the 90's and 2000's that allowed us to produce the great champions we mourn today.

Cheers
User avatar KyoGrey

28 Sep 2017 00:01

With the creation of the new 2.1 race the Vuelta a Colombia will be downgraded to national event next year.
http://www.vanguardia.com/deportes/ciclismo/410286-la-vuelta-a-colombia-no-estara-en-el-calendario-de-la-uci-en-2018
Nirvana

28 Sep 2017 00:14

Max Rockatansky wrote:

Midnight Express :eek: ?
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

Re:

28 Sep 2017 06:45

KyoGrey wrote:Vuelta a Aragón is coming back also in May 2018.

Will be a long journey to build back the infrastructure we had in the 90's and 2000's that allowed us to produce the great champions we mourn today.

Cheers

Aragón is the coming region. It's been quiet since Escartín, but three of the biggest young prospects - Castrillo, Samitier and Barceló - are all Aragonese. And the Aramón ski resorts have been willingly paying for the Vuelta regularly in recent years, although strangely not at Cerler which is the most established of the resorts.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

Re:

28 Sep 2017 21:09

KyoGrey wrote:Vuelta a Aragón is coming back also in May 2018.

Cheers

Nice news. It's good to see spanish cycling reviving somewhat with Murias and Burgos BH becoming pro-continental too.
User avatar afpm90

13 Nov 2017 00:09

We have some informations about the brand new Adriatica Ionica Race https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/gara/

The first edition will start from Venice and end in Ljubjana after five days (and a passage in Austria).
In the second edition will be added Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia.
In the third also Macedonia, Albania and Greece with a finish in Athens after ten days.

Seems a very big project, they already have signed for TV coverage in 54 countries.
Nirvana

Re:

13 Nov 2017 18:09

Nirvana wrote:We have some informations about the brand new Adriatica Ionica Race https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/gara/

The first edition will start from Venice and end in Ljubjana after five days (and a passage in Austria).
In the third also Macedonia, Albania and Greece with a finish in Athens after ten days.

Seems a very big project, they already have signed for TV coverage in 54 countries.

Excellent news. The calendar is in sore need of more cross-border races and maybe this will even kickstart pro racing in the Balkans. There should be plenty of companies in the tourism sector that would interested in sponsoring this.
User avatar el chava

Re:

13 Nov 2017 18:44

Nirvana wrote:We have some informations about the brand new Adriatica Ionica Race https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/gara/

#Makethemostserenerepublicofvenicegreatagain
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

14 Nov 2017 07:27

Tonton wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:

Midnight Express :eek: ?

Now there's a movie that may have changed a few minds................
movingtarget
Veteran

17 Nov 2017 18:49

EroicaStradeBianche

18 Nov 2017 06:31

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:

#Makethemostserenerepublicofvenicegreatagain

I see that now. As long as they don't revive Giro di Padania I'm fine with it.
User avatar el chava

Previous

Return to Professional road racing