Register

Miguel Ángel Lopez Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

07 Oct 2017 21:46

A coach in Astana mentioned the living in Europe more.

Hope these coaches understand what they are doing with these Colombian talents. Just like Quintana. You have to take the good with the bad. Same with Uran. Unless they start doing stuff like Betancur you have to give them their space and time. Besides they benefit a lot from sleeping at high altitude. It is really not bad. IMHO.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

18 Dec 2017 22:51

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lopez-extends-with-astana-to-lead-team-in-giro-ditalia/#disqus_thread
Miguel Angel Lopez extended his contract with the Astana team through the 2020 season, and has been named as the squad's leader for the Giro d'Italia, the team announced today.

Look forward to the Giro now! Wish the young man well.
Salbutamol - Breakfast of Champions!
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"
Choco Loco for all your doping tips!
User avatar Robert5091

18 Dec 2017 23:14

MAL to the Giro?

That's awesome
Kwibus wrote:So much questions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

19 Dec 2017 01:39

I read the news this morning. I guess is very good for him. Also giving Fuglsang another try at the Tour.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

19 Dec 2017 03:12

Hope he can be on the podium at the finish.
User avatar the asian

Re:

19 Dec 2017 10:48

the asian wrote:Hope he can be on the podium at the finish.

He definitely can. Potentially no Froomey and no Movistars. Heck, he can even win then.
User avatar Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

19 Dec 2017 10:57

Valv.Piti wrote:

He definitely can. Potentially no Froomey and no Movistars. Heck, he can even win then.

Indeed. In that case, it is very open. Hard to pick a favorite between Aru, Chaves, Pinot, and Lopez. I hope we'll see Zakarin as well!
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

19 Dec 2017 11:06

Netserk wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:

Indeed. In that case, it is very open. Hard to pick a favorite between Aru, Chaves, Pinot, and Lopez. I hope we'll see Zakarin as well!

Yeah, Zakarin is stupid for racing the Tour over the Giro, especially with the MTF overload this year and the riders attending both races. Zakarin could easily win as well, lol.
User avatar Valv.Piti

19 Dec 2017 11:30

Valv.Piti wrote:
Netserk wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:

Yeah, Zakarin is stupid for racing the Tour over the Giro, especially with the MTF overload this year and the riders attending both races. Zakarin could easily win as well, lol.

Pretty much. Also take into account Kittel moving to Katusha, riding the Tour, and requiring teammates. THough I understand that Zakarin would want to try in the Tour someday, he should be aiming to win a GT now that he's gotten his GT podium.
Kwibus wrote:So much questions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

Re: Miguel Ángel Lopez Discussion Thread

19 Dec 2017 17:57

Wait...will really no Movistar leader ride the giro? When I heard they would all go to the tour I assumed at least one of them will ride the giro before that. How stupid is Movistar?

Anyway, great to hear MAL goes to the giro. That should make the race a lot more interesting. Now let's just hope the new Aru rumors are rubbish.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

19 Dec 2017 17:58

Amador will fight for a 5th place, I guess.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

19 Dec 2017 18:05

Netserk wrote:Amador will fight for a 5th place, I guess.

I cannot believe that. Are they serious? Are they f*cking serious? They sign a new gc contender just so they can have 2 instead of 1 leader too much in a gt? How on earth do they want to protect three guys on the cobbles with just 5 other riders? I get that they would have had the same situation if one of them tries the double but then at least the tour wouldn't be the only big season goal for all 3.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

19 Dec 2017 18:33

It's not the primary season goal for Valverde. If it wasn't for the cobbles, I'd have no worries for them.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

19 Dec 2017 18:33

I guess Unzue is very pi$$ed off at Quintana!
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

19 Dec 2017 20:58

Valv.Piti wrote:
Netserk wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:

if he can limit losses in his first mountain stage... he definetly can win
portugal11

Re:

19 Dec 2017 21:02

Escarabajo wrote:I guess Unzue is very pi$$ed off at Quintana!

quintana can't beat dumoulin in normal conditions so he needs a teammate like landa to blow the peloton in the mountains and try to isolate big tom. I'm pretty sure dumoulin and nibali will destroy movistar in the cobbled stage so they really need landa (who attacks way more than valverde and quintana) in the mountains to create damage on sunweb
portugal11

20 Dec 2017 06:22

If the Dawg loses his Vuelta jerseys then the Combination classification winner will be .... drum roll ... Miguel Ángel López!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Vuelta_a_Espa%C3%B1a
Salbutamol - Breakfast of Champions!
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"
Choco Loco for all your doping tips!
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

20 Dec 2017 08:33

Robert5091 wrote:If the Dawg loses his Vuelta jerseys then the Combination classification winner will be .... drum roll ... Miguel Ángel López!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Vuelta_a_Espa%C3%B1a

And Quick Step wins the WT team classification after all!
Breh

21 Dec 2017 09:14

His race program up to the Giro

Tour of Oman (13-18 february)
Abu Dhabi Tour (21-25 february)
Tirreno-Adriatico (7-13 march)
Tour of the Alps (16-20 april)
User avatar Alexandre B.

Previous

Return to Professional road racing