Log in:  

Register

Miguel Ángel Lopez Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re:

22 Mar 2017 00:05

Ruudz0r wrote:Here is a recent interview: http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/22819-estare-reapareciendo-en-el-tour-de-california-en-el-mes-de-mayo-miguel-angel-lopez.html

He wants to try and make the Tour in great shape but if that is not possible he will prepare for the Vuelta instead (at least I think that he is saying that, my Spanish is not great :P).


Yes he's on the short list for the Tour, if he arrives in good condition that is the plan but the team has the last word. If not he will prepare for Vuelta...
aarononymous
Junior Member
 
Posts: 201
Joined: 04 Oct 2012 00:25

22 Mar 2017 00:21

My question is why he is starting so late to race?
was that the plan or was it delay by his injury?

I imagine is the second one.

I just noted that he was racing in Catalunya by this time last year. What a Pity. I hope that he recovers well and soon.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,598
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 18:38
Location: USA - Central Time

10 Apr 2017 10:27

In the interview I posted here 3 posts ago he said he would make his debut in California, but now it seems he is making his debut in Croatia which starts in 8 days. Very excited to see him back on his bike!
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

10 Apr 2017 10:59

This is good news. I wonder how long it will take him to get up to concert pitch.
barmaher
Member
 
Posts: 1,702
Joined: 02 Oct 2011 21:04

10 Apr 2017 11:43

very good news
User avatar Jungle Cycle
Member
 
Posts: 583
Joined: 03 Apr 2016 17:00

Re:

15 Apr 2017 14:10

Ruudz0r wrote:In the interview I posted here 3 posts ago he said he would make his debut in California, but now it seems he is making his debut in Croatia which starts in 8 days. Very excited to see him back on his bike!


Astana just announced their roster, Lopez is not on it :(. It was on some Colombian radio show that said that Lopez said he would be going to Croatia
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

16 Apr 2017 13:27

He'll return in Romandia.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,107
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re:

18 Apr 2017 12:03

DNP-Old wrote:He'll return in Romandia.

Great news! The race really does not suit him, at all, so it would have been more interesting to see him in Croatia on the two MTFs. Really hoping he can get back in time for TdF, that should be doable.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,165
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

01 May 2017 16:35

So he wasn't in Romandia, don't know why. Someone knows when he's coming back?
Riposa in pace, Michele!
User avatar Laplaz
Member
 
Posts: 886
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 08:06

Re:

01 May 2017 16:53

Laplaz wrote:So he wasn't in Romandia, don't know why. Someone knows when he's coming back?



He's on the startlist for TOC.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,544
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

Re: Re:

01 May 2017 17:04

the asian wrote:
Laplaz wrote:So he wasn't in Romandia, don't know why. Someone knows when he's coming back?



He's on the startlist for TOC.

Hes got to ride that or else he can forget everything about TdF this season. Come on, Lopez, I want to see Astana on the attack!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,165
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Re:

01 May 2017 17:34

Valv.Piti wrote:
the asian wrote:
Laplaz wrote:So he wasn't in Romandia, don't know why. Someone knows when he's coming back?



He's on the startlist for TOC.

Hes got to ride that or else he can forget everything about TdF this season. Come on, Lopez, I want to see Astana on the attack!



I'd rather he go all in for the Vuelta.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,544
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

01 May 2017 17:58

This is a first timer when it comes to Grand Tours (Vuelta does not count), with no base kilometers doing the hardest race of the year for the first time. Seriously what hope do we have with him riding the Tour?
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,598
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 18:38
Location: USA - Central Time

Re:

01 May 2017 19:52

Escarabajo wrote:This is a first timer when it comes to Grand Tours (Vuelta does not count), with no base kilometers doing the hardest race of the year for the first time. Seriously what hope do we have with him riding the Tour?

Not really that much. Vuelta would be a better option, honestly.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,165
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

06 May 2017 15:02

Today in the Stage two of Giro, Goga said that we has already training in Europe but he suffered a contracture, so he have to go back to Colombia and maybe and he couldnt debut in TOC, maybe we will race in Suize again.
diegocamilo410
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2016 16:36
Location: Colombia

06 May 2017 16:00

Time to give up on the Tour and prepare for the Vuelta and the Italian classics maybe.
AlexNYC
Member
 
Posts: 475
Joined: 06 Apr 2015 21:25
Location: New York City

Re:

06 May 2017 16:02

diegocamilo410 wrote:Today in the Stage two of Giro, Goga said that we has already training in Europe but he suffered a contracture, so he have to go back to Colombia and maybe and he couldnt debut in TOC, maybe we will race in Suize again.


You will? Now I'm curious.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,697
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

06 May 2017 22:23

RedheadDane wrote:
diegocamilo410 wrote:Today in the Stage two of Giro, Goga said that we has already training in Europe but he suffered a contracture, so he have to go back to Colombia and maybe and he couldnt debut in TOC, maybe we will race in Suize again.


You will? Now I'm curious.


Yeah, im also a WT rider hahaha.

Sorry, typing error
diegocamilo410
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2016 16:36
Location: Colombia

10 May 2017 19:39

Out of California:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/miguel-angel-lopez-to-miss-tour-of-california/

No way they are going to send him to the Tour now. What's the new plan for Astanas Tour? Surely they won't go with Fuglsang? All in for the Vuelta with Aru & Lopez?
hazaran
Junior Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: 14 Jul 2015 00:37

10 May 2017 20:28

Surely Astana GT season is at odds!!

In part because of the Scarponi sad news. The rest is on the injured riders.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,598
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 18:38
Location: USA - Central Time

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blanco, carlosthedwarf, Dazed and Confused, Dr. Watson, tobydawq and 20 guests

Back to top