Register

The Caleb Ewan vs. Fernando Gaviria Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

14 May 2018 11:31

Personally I’m not that big of a fan of Australian cycling, Cadel Ewans wasn’t a good ambassador and a lot of obnoxious cycling bloggers on yt are from Australia so I’m biased. But with Caleb Ewan I think I just dislike short riders in general, never really cared for Cav either. I like the tall, powerful and handsome sprinters like Cipo, Kittel and Hushovd, and prefer Dumoulin over Pozzovivo;) That’s probably why I like Gaviria more, maybe this unconsciously affects a lot of fans, idk. Caleb is obviously talented though.
«Sky helped for the GC, so did BMC - a lot of teams tried but one rider isn't enough. Not against De Gendt. He's like 10 riders.»
Oude Geuze

14 May 2018 15:49

Ewan will be happy to win a stage - Reckon Gaviria is a touch quicker but positioning can get you a win - Both riders should get a stage win.
yaco

Re:

14 May 2018 22:42

yaco wrote:Ewan will be happy to win a stage - Reckon Gaviria is a touch quicker but positioning can get you a win - Both riders should get a stage win.

Their speed is very similar, but Gaviria’s positioning is usually perfect. He reads a sprint so well for a young guy.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing