Register

The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

20 Sep 2017 21:45

Quite sure Dennis would have been 2nd at around 20/30s without the incident. Still Roglic did an excellent TT and especially last climb. The road bike switch really helped him out
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

Re:

20 Sep 2017 23:23

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Quite sure Dennis would have been 2nd at around 20/30s without the incident. Still Roglic did an excellent TT and especially last climb. The road bike switch really helped him out

I agree. Although I don't think the bike switch made such a big difference. He would have beaten Froome even without the switch I think. But it was amazing watching him dancing on the pedals on the last climb.

Man I can't wait for next year when he is supposed to make another step forward. After the race he said it's incredible to share the podium with two GT winners and that his goal for the following years is to become a GT contender as well.
User avatar johnymax

03 Feb 2018 16:00

He seems to be in good shape at the beginning of this season, too bad for the naturalized TTT. I think he could've gone even higher, but he was great today, staying with all but Valverde and Yates at the top.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

03 Feb 2018 21:09

I think he was the strongest today alongside Valverde and Yates, just he wasted too much energy at the bottom of the climb.

According to PCS Strade and Tirreno are his next races. So no Algarve this year?
pablohidalgo7

04 Feb 2018 06:08

I have a feeling he'll have an incredible season. He looked so strong today. Prediction: he is going to win a WT stage race this year.

pablohidalgo7 wrote:I think he was the strongest today alongside Valverde and Yates, just he wasted too much energy at the bottom of the climb.

According to PCS Strade and Tirreno are his next races. So no Algarve this year?

It doesn't make sense not to race there. He won last year, the route suits him, Kruijswijk will ride in Andalucia and there's no chance he takes a one month brake till his next race. That's why I'm pretty sure he'll ride in Algarve.
User avatar johnymax

04 Feb 2018 10:48

johnymax wrote:. That's why I'm pretty sure he'll ride in Algarve.

You are pretty sure? Based on what? Roglic himself has said Strade Bianche is his next race after Valencia.
exub
Newly Registered Member

04 Feb 2018 12:16

I dont get this thread ?

the new Landa when Landa has delivered no big win?
a bit farcical

Roglic is an excellent TTer...much better than Landa but he has not produced yet consistent climbing over 3 weeks ..if he can then he more like the new Evans or LeMond
HelloDolly

04 Feb 2018 12:51

johnymax wrote:It doesn't make sense not to race there. He won last year, the route suits him, Kruijswijk will ride in Andalucia and there's no chance he takes a one month brake till his next race. That's why I'm pretty sure he'll ride in Algarve.

He will go to Teide now, no more races before Strade.
User avatar liamito

04 Feb 2018 12:51

The new Tony Rominger can be an option for the title too :D
pablohidalgo7

08 Feb 2018 01:28

liamito wrote:
johnymax wrote:It doesn't make sense not to race there. He won last year, the route suits him, Kruijswijk will ride in Andalucia and there's no chance he takes a one month brake till his next race. That's why I'm pretty sure he'll ride in Algarve.

He will go to Teide now, no more races before Strade.

Yes, I was wrong. He is not doing Algarve. Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the altitude training camp.
User avatar johnymax

07 Mar 2018 01:45

Nice to hear. The goal for T-A is to win the race with Primož. :cool:
User avatar johnymax

Re:

07 Mar 2018 22:16

johnymax wrote:Nice to hear. The goal for T-A is to win the race with Primož. :cool:

Unfortunately will be difficult now with the team losing about 50 seconds in the team trial. Maybe better going for the stages.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

09 Mar 2018 17:46

Great win. I thought he went way too early
User avatar GP Blanco

09 Mar 2018 19:01

This man never stops to amaze! Great win.
User avatar Blanco

09 Mar 2018 20:19

Wow really great win from Primoz, I am so happy for him after his bad luck in the team TT and losing time yesterday.

A look into the impressive data produced by @LottoJumbo_road's Primož Roglič (@rogla) as he attacked with 1.2km to go on the final climb and held the advantage to win Stage 3 at #TirrenoAdriatico:
https://twitter.com/VelonCC/status/972150235123380224
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

Re:

10 Mar 2018 00:53

Blanco wrote:This man never stops to amaze! Great win.

I'm amazed but not surprised. I firmly believe in his rise to the top of the sport. After yesterday's disappointment a stage win is going to be a nice consolation price. And maybe he's not done yet. Stage 4 is another good opportunity.
User avatar johnymax

10 Mar 2018 09:22

I only read that he won and I expected they let him go, well they certainly let him go a bit, but that was after a huge effort which the astana guy coukdnt hold anymore.

If I watched this live I wouldve been convinced he wouldnt make it, but he was realllly strong. Very impressive effort.

Yates closing him down, but roglic had another kick left.
User avatar Kwibus
Veteran

10 Mar 2018 10:00

Kwibus wrote:I only read that he won and I expected they let him go, well they certainly let him go a bit, but that was after a huge effort which the astana guy coukdnt hold anymore.

If I watched this live I wouldve been convinced he wouldnt make it, but he was realllly strong. Very impressive effort.

I agree - I thought he went way too early. A bit like the futile attempts we often see at the bottom of the Mur de Huy. It was pretty amazing that he managed to keep such a strong group of riders at bay.
User avatar tobydawq

10 Mar 2018 11:12

Kwibus wrote:I only read that he won and I expected they let him go, well they certainly let him go a bit, but that was after a huge effort which the astana guy coukdnt hold anymore.

Yeah it was super impressive. Attacking from 1k out and probably still climbed the last 300m as fast as everyone else. Think he would've won regardless.

In any case, I think Roglic should have a decent shot at winning Pais Vasco
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

02 Apr 2018 23:01

Wow he was so close to winning today, but nevertheless both he and Julian gained seconds for the overall. Such a powerful climb from both of them.

@rogla in his cooling down on the rollers post-race.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing