Register

The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

01 Jun 2016 15:19

Lequack wrote:
pablohidalgo7 wrote:Next races: Poland and the Olympics.

Olympic timetrial or road race?

Perhaps both?
I don´t Know, I read in a web that he will go to Poland with GC ambitions and then RIO :)
pablohidalgo7

01 Jun 2016 15:32

Lequack wrote:

Both, of course.

I was hoping he does Dauphine, too. He came out of the Giro in pretty good condition, showing his best climbing on the last mountain stage. I thought he could replace an injured Kruijswijk. But LottoNL line-up has just come out, so no Dauphine for him. He'll probably do national TT and road championships before Poland.
User avatar johnymax

01 Jun 2016 19:09

johnymax wrote:
Lequack wrote:

Both, of course.

I was hoping he does Dauphine, too. He came out of the Giro in pretty good condition, showing his best climbing on the last mountain stage. I thought he could replace an injured Kruijswijk. But LottoNL line-up has just come out, so no Dauphine for him. He'll probably do national TT and road championships before Poland.

I have to correct myself. The Olympic TT is not yet a sure thing for Rogla. Slovenia has only one spot for the race. Before the Giro it was almost certain that it's gonna be Spilak who will ride the TT. But now with the rise of Roglic as one of the best TT riders and with a so-so season from Spilak things have changed. I think it's still up in the air and it'll come down to the performances in Poland where both are expected to start.
User avatar johnymax

09 Jun 2016 16:05

Here's a very nice video from InCycle, Primoz Roglic’s journey to Giro d’Italia glory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsdiSLy5k08

Nice watch.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

09 Jun 2016 16:16

He is going to race the national TT tomorrow.
Brajkovic and Mohoric as the big rivals
pablohidalgo7

09 Jun 2016 17:19

pablohidalgo7 wrote:He is going to race the national TT tomorrow.

No Spilak? He used to be good in TT.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

09 Jun 2016 20:21

Lequack wrote:

He is not in the starlist.
Apparently, he never takes part in the national.
pablohidalgo7

09 Jun 2016 20:30

Lequack wrote:

NC tomorrow with Suisse starting the day after is a bit too much to ask.
User avatar Ricco'

10 Jun 2016 00:44

pablohidalgo7 wrote:
Lequack wrote:

Lol, Brajkovic and Mohoric don't stand a chance. The first is sadly a shadow of his former self. It's unbelievable to think he was once one of the best ITT riders in the world. Mohoric on the other hand is still too young and just isn't good enough yet to compete with Rogla. Only Spilak could have been a challenge but as mentioned he isn't competing.
User avatar johnymax

10 Jun 2016 09:08

johnymax wrote:
pablohidalgo7 wrote:
Lequack wrote:

Lol, Brajkovic and Mohoric don't stand a chance. The first is sadly a shadow of his former self. It's unbelievable to think he was once one of the best ITT riders in the world. Mohoric on the other hand is still too young and just isn't good enough yet to compete with Rogla. Only Spilak could have been a challenge but as mentioned he isn't competing.

Yes I know, but I mean, they are the only "serious" competitors appart from Roglic. Of course they should be at least 2-3 minutes worse than Rogla.
pablohidalgo7

10 Jun 2016 11:13

Although it will be interesting to see how Brajkovic performs tomorrow and in Tour of Slovenia, since he got his cardiac issues fixed in a way. But it's not that I have high hopes anyway.

But yeah, the competition is really poor. And it's a pity that some amateur riders don't get the chance to do 2 laps, same as professionals. It would be interesting to compare the results on a longer course.

johnny, do you know anything about Koren? AFAIK he was meant to go to Giro and if I remember correctly he also did train in altitude in April, but then nothing. It looks like he is doing TdS, so Tour maybe after that?
nogav1ca

10 Jun 2016 15:13

If anyone's interested in watching the national time trial championship there's a live stream here (no commentary, static cameras):
http://livestream.com/zivo/MaratonFranja2016
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

Re:

10 Jun 2016 15:46

nogav1ca wrote:Although it will be interesting to see how Brajkovic performs tomorrow and in Tour of Slovenia, since he got his cardiac issues fixed in a way. But it's not that I have high hopes anyway.

But yeah, the competition is really poor. And it's a pity that some amateur riders don't get the chance to do 2 laps, same as professionals. It would be interesting to compare the results on a longer course.

johnny, do you know anything about Koren? AFAIK he was meant to go to Giro and if I remember correctly he also did train in altitude in April, but then nothing. It looks like he is doing TdS, so Tour maybe after that?

Yes, I also hope Brajkovic does well. It was nice to see him climbing with the best last year in Abu Dhabi tour. I didn't know he had cardiac issues.

About Koren, I don't know. I have the same info as you do. I know he talked about going to the Giro for the first time, but then it never happened. He rode GP Gippingen yesterday and he'll do TdS next. I don't know if he's scheduled to do the Tour.
User avatar johnymax

10 Jun 2016 18:53

Roglic won :D
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

10 Jun 2016 21:13

1. Roglic
2. Mohoric
3. David Per
pablohidalgo7

10 Jun 2016 22:24

pablohidalgo7 wrote:1. Roglic
2. Mohoric
3. David Per

1. Roglic 50:51
2. Mohoric 52:50
3. David Per 52:53

As expected Rogla confirms his status of favourite no.1 and in his first participation takes the ITT national title. With all due respect to Stimulak, Gazvoda and Tratnik, this is the first ITT Slovenian champion after Brajkovic in 2011, who can compete with the top ITT riders in the world. Finally the jersey can be showcased in WT races.
User avatar johnymax

11 Jun 2016 09:04

Almost 52 kmh in 44 kilometres!!

Similar to Tony martin or kiryenka (last year) in their respectives National TT champs.
pablohidalgo7

11 Jun 2016 10:18

Good to hear his form is still holding after the Giro.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

11 Jun 2016 10:39

He's gonna smash the Olympic TT.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

11 Jun 2016 12:07

In an interview for siol.net, he told that he will be riding in both TT and RR in Olympic games.
nogav1ca

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing