Register

EF-Cannondale-Drapac

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

09 Jul 2018 15:53

jmdirt wrote:
jmdirt wrote:Let's move away from what 'place' they might get because that doesn't really mean anything. If they get 18th but only lose 40 second, that's better than getting 10th and losing a minute (to the main GC rivals). It sounds like its a technical course with a steep climb at about the halfway point so is that enough to tighten the time gaps?

I'm going to buy a lottery ticket today! :lol:
That's a good result for the team and RU!

And actually you were spot on about the comments and time gaps.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

09 Jul 2018 17:08

This TTT was certainly above my expectations, especially with Craddock injured (he wasn't even the first guy in the team to drop off, respect). Only 35 secs lost on 35 kms. Beating teams like Bahrain, Movistar, Katusha and BORA after almost going bust last year and having the last transfer window heavily compromised. Long time since the team has performed this well in TTT in a big race.

And Rolland finished finished s.t. I didn't expect that. Maybe those hills were harder than I expected so they didn't want to drop good climbers early.
Wij steunen hem, tenzij hij niet genoeg fietst.
Anderis

Re: EF-Cannondale-Drapac

11 Jul 2018 16:59

Did Roglic teach him how to use the Telemark landing technique?
Anderis

Re: EF-Cannondale-Drapac

15 Jul 2018 14:43

A bad day for Uran. While, according to the team, he had a crash, I'm more worried about his performance than about the time loss. It looked to me that every time the peloton split, Uran was always in trouble. And other GC riders caught in trouble were able to limit their losses much better. He didn't look good in stages 5 and 6 as well. I'm afraid something went wrong and he is not in great form. Tuesday will give us more clue.

On the other hand, Rolland is doing surprisingly well on stages that were supposed not to suit him. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in top10 GC and ahead of Uran in the end.
Anderis

15 Jul 2018 14:45

They will end blaming today for Uran's poor showing later in the race to save face. I think the sponsors expected Uran to replicate last year's results.
MuskyOurSaviour

Re:

19 Jul 2018 09:57

MuskyOurSaviour wrote:They will end blaming today for Uran's poor showing later in the race to save face. I think the sponsors expected Uran to replicate last year's results.

Well, I expected him to replicate last year's results ;)

Very prescient post. TdF is kind of a disaster for EF. However, Craddock's ride is probably giving them as much positive publicity, maybe more, than if Uran had scored a Top 10 GC placing.

On the subject of Lawson...is his shoulder healing? It must be. 107k raised for a velodrome is pretty impressive.
Bolder

30 Sep 2018 16:08

Great job by Rusty Woods today. From being a runner to a medal at Worlds. I'm really happy for the guy
User avatar jaylew
Veteran

Re:

30 Sep 2018 17:55

jaylew wrote:Great job by Rusty Woods today. From being a runner to a medal at Worlds. I'm really happy for the guy

I hope he wins something big next year, be it Liege, or a Tour stage. I don't think he wants to look back on 2018 as the best year of his cycling career.
Leinster

08 Oct 2018 13:49

EF and Rapha announced their partnership today for the 2019 season. There's a buzzword-filled announcement here ("... with the aim of taking a disruptive approach to the sport throughout the 2019 season and beyond" :rolleyes: ), and apparently some of their riders will not only do regular road races, but also "mixed calendar of events in the 2019 season, including the WorldTour schedule and also criteriums, ultra-endurance races and renowned mixed-terrain events."
davebqvst

Previous

Return to Professional road racing