Register

Team Movistar-thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

10 Jun 2018 17:16

tobydawq wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
yaco wrote:
Blanco wrote:And there goes Soler's hope for Tour...

Soler never had a hope for the TDF - He will be a support rider.

I think he referred to him being selected at all.

Of course he never was meant to be the 4th leader or something ridiculous like that, but I will still be very surprised not to see him being selected. Yes, bad day today, but he is so versatile that he can be used in the TTT and cobbles as well. Just like Amador, the role of the Izagirre bros and Castroviejo. But these riders are bigger and can therefore protect the flyweights better and are more adapt at cobbles as well.

Did someone not watch Paris-Roubaix this year? :cool:

Yes of course, thats what I mean - that Soler and Amador definitely can handle the cobbles.

Moviestar: You think Soler is skipping the Tour?
User avatar Valv.Piti

10 Jun 2018 17:29

Valv.Piti wrote:
tobydawq wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
yaco wrote:

Of course he never was meant to be the 4th leader or something ridiculous like that, but I will still be very surprised not to see him being selected. Yes, bad day today, but he is so versatile that he can be used in the TTT and cobbles as well. Just like Amador, the role of the Izagirre bros and Castroviejo. But these riders are bigger and can therefore protect the flyweights better and are more adapt at cobbles as well.

Yes of course, thats what I mean - that Soler and Amador definitely can handle the cobbles.

Okay, I was 50/50 on what you meant, flipped a coin and failed.

Probably because I hadn't managed to read the bolded part....
User avatar tobydawq

10 Jun 2018 17:40

Valv.Piti wrote:
tobydawq wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
yaco wrote:

Yes, especially after this performance. On beforehand there were already some doubts of his participance in the Tour. I posted an article not so long ago in this thread.
Moviestar

10 Jun 2018 20:23

I've been of the opinion from the beginning that he's not yet ready for the Tour and should either being doing the Giro/Vuelta or just one of those two. I do think he should be on the Vuelta team along with Roson.
User avatar Koronin

Previous

Return to Professional road racing