Register

Team Sky Discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

08 Jun 2018 22:27

MuskyOurSaviour wrote:
deValtos wrote:So is Tao doing the Vuelta?

Wonder if there's a chance he'll be considered for the Tour considering just how well he is riding. I find it unlikely though.

Nah they have enough climbers there.

Froome-Bernal-Thomas-Poels-Kwiatkowsi-Moscon-Castroviejo-Rowe (van Baarle)

I'm sure they'll send him to Vuelta where their leaders look to be De la Cruz and Sergio Henao. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of chances to score his own results there

I think they'll give Poels the Vuelta leadership. G-Hart will ride his way into the team just as Elissonde did at the Giro. Maybe Froome favourite Knees instead of van Baarle. No Bernal
Parker

08 Jun 2018 23:12

If they didn't change the plans Poels is supposed to ride the Tour, he stated multiple time at the beginning of the season that this year he was scheduled to ride both GTs with Froome.
Nirvana

09 Jun 2018 03:47

I actually feel sad for some guys at Team Sky. They have such a great pool of riders that some totally deserving guys wouldnt even ride the race.
They should be allowed like 2 teams.
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

Re:

09 Jun 2018 08:34

silvergrenade wrote:I actually feel sad for some guys at Team Sky. They have such a great pool of riders that some totally deserving guys wouldnt even ride the race.

LOL, can you imagine a SKY train 16 riders long in the Tour if SKY was allowed 2 teams. This forum would explode! :lol: :lol:
wheresmybrakes

09 Jun 2018 13:12

wheresmybrakes wrote:
silvergrenade wrote:I actually feel sad for some guys at Team Sky. They have such a great pool of riders that some totally deserving guys wouldnt even ride the race.

LOL, can you imagine a SKY train 16 riders long in the Tour if SKY was allowed 2 teams. This forum would explode! :lol: :lol:

God, I can't even imagine how boring that would be.
frisenfruitig

Re:

09 Jun 2018 13:13

They get paid big bucks to be 10th best on that team. They chose it themselves.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

10 Jun 2018 09:39

wheresmybrakes wrote:

LoL, excellent idea, that should be implemented! Of course not only in Sky case but also MS? Astana? BMC? Even Movi?
What is a point of riding with such teams as Cofidis, Direct Energie, Fortuneo, Wanty? They are only responsible for a crowd at breakes.
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

10 Jun 2018 12:37

Did someome tell Geraint he is riding the E3 Harelbeke a couple days in a row? This spring classics legend is really killing it with such much talent. Apart from the fact they all look like they have mad cow disease, British ppl are so superior
Der Effe

10 Jun 2018 17:48

Complaining about AG2R actually racing? Bunch of sissies. You got a 90 second head start with the TTT, you rich ****.
User avatar Jagartrott

Re:

10 Jun 2018 17:54

Jagartrott wrote:Complaining about AG2R actually racing? Bunch of sissies. You got a 90 second head start with the TTT, you rich ****.

wtf they got a 90 seconds bonification instead of racing the TTT? :D
pastronef

10 Jun 2018 18:09

Don't be pedantic. They already have the strongest team here, and that team strength (paid with big £) pays extra dividend in TTTs. So instead of being perhaps slightly modest towards a team that has 1/3rd of Sky's budget, they start complaining for them actually grabbing an opportunity. A mix of arrogance and entitlement that I find pretty disgusting.
User avatar Jagartrott

10 Jun 2018 19:28

I'd say Van Baarle and Castroviejo have secured their spots for the Tour during this race. I'm assuming Kwiatkowski and Moscon too, although they dropped pretty quickly yesterday.
Vasilis

Re:

10 Jun 2018 20:09

Jagartrott wrote:A mix of arrogance and entitlement that I find pretty disgusting.

It's a sport. I get disliking them, but seriously...
rlntlssly

Re:

23 Jun 2018 05:33

Vasilis wrote:I'd say Van Baarle and Castroviejo have secured their spots for the Tour during this race. I'm assuming Kwiatkowski and Moscon too, although they dropped pretty quickly yesterday.

Castroviejo: 'Así, además del oro, ha conseguido buenas sensaciones y mucha motivación de cara al Tour de Francia, donde será parte del ‘8’ del equipo británico. “La preparación ha sido enfocada para el Tour y, sobre todo, para la montaña”, siguió el vizcaíno de 31 años.'
Tim Booth

23 Jun 2018 15:30

The team. :D
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

23 Jun 2018 15:59

:lol: Johnny Moscow
rick james

23 Jun 2018 16:01

Tim Booth wrote:
Vasilis wrote:I'd say Van Baarle and Castroviejo have secured their spots for the Tour during this race. I'm assuming Kwiatkowski and Moscon too, although they dropped pretty quickly yesterday.

Castroviejo: 'Así, además del oro, ha conseguido buenas sensaciones y mucha motivación de cara al Tour de Francia, donde será parte del ‘8’ del equipo británico. “La preparación ha sido enfocada para el Tour y, sobre todo, para la montaña”, siguió el vizcaíno de 31 años.'

No comprende
rick james

23 Jun 2018 16:12

rick james wrote:
Tim Booth wrote:

No comprende

I don't speak Spanish, but this is what I make of it:
... good feelings and a lot of motivation for the Tour de France, where he will be part of the '8' of the British team. "The preparation ... for the Tour, ... for the mountains, ... 31-year-old.
Vasilis

23 Jun 2018 16:13

rick james wrote:
Tim Booth wrote:

No comprende

a senior member who has not heard of google translate! what is the world coming to....
Tim Booth

Re:

23 Jun 2018 18:27

silvergrenade wrote:The team. :D

Why is Brailsford referring to himself as SOB?

Oh.
User avatar wwabbit

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing