Register

Team Sky Discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

03 Jun 2018 01:05

Pricey_sky wrote:
Koronin wrote:
Mayomaniac wrote:Orcas are awesome, fascinating animals. The 8 year old me would have cheered for Sky just because of that jersey. :D

I love Orcas, however still won't cheer for Sky. On the other hand, I do respect the message and what they are hoping to do with this.

It's not something started by Team Sky as such, more the Sky media group that began the campaign last year, they've already been involved with cricket and football matches in the UK. The documentary that followed the launch clearly showed the destruction we are causing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35YnZ7_WxM

You may remember the last campaign, Sky rainforest rescue, where Team Sky supported it by wearing the black and green kit for the 2011 Tour. They raised £9 million and saved a billion trees in the Amazon:
https://rainforestrescue.sky.com/

Oh, I figured it was Sky media and they are using the kits for the Tour to publicized what they are doing. However, a worthy cause and something that needs someone speaking up that has the platform to get the message out.
User avatar Koronin

03 Jun 2018 04:37

On SkyTG24 they talk often about this campaign with journalists sent in variuos locations to show what's happening, last winter they also aired a couple of documentaries during prime time.
https://skyoceanrescue.it/
Nirvana

03 Jun 2018 04:42

rick james wrote:
Mayomaniac wrote:Orcas are awesome, fascinating animals. The 8 year old me would have cheered for Sky just because of that jersey. :D

Orcas are d1ck heads, I’ve watched enough of the blue planet on the BBC that tells me they are not to be f#cked with

:lol: :lol: :lol:
brownbobby

03 Jun 2018 08:09

I liked that kit from 2011, it was pretty cool!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

03 Jun 2018 13:16

Sky Train gearing up for its most dominating TDF beatdown, this year. Will make the 2012 edition look like minor leagues. Seriously. This will be the standard by which all future trains are judged and found lacking. :lol:
User avatar JosephK

03 Jun 2018 14:17

Wow even with G crashing he still only lost 20 seconds. No contest at all in terms of quality of teams.
therealthing

03 Jun 2018 16:38

I don't like Sky but that's a good cause. Let's see if the riders can manage not to throw food packaging and water bottles on the side of (empty) roads.
User avatar Arnout

Re:

03 Jun 2018 17:26

Arnout wrote:I don't like Sky but that's a good cause. Let's see if the riders can manage not to throw food packaging and water bottles on the side of (empty) roads.

Which is far more important than single use plastic bags. None of the plastic bags I throw out ends in the ocean, and feel-good campaigns will hardly make much of a difference where it matters the most (Asia).

But an anti-litter campaign probably isn't as sexy.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

03 Jun 2018 17:35

Arnout wrote:I don't like Sky but that's a good cause. Let's see if the riders can manage not to throw food packaging and water bottles on the side of (empty) roads.

Or at least try to toss water bottles near where the fans are standing.
User avatar Koronin

03 Jun 2018 17:51

JosephK wrote:Sky Train gearing up for its most dominating TDF beatdown, this year. Will make the 2012 edition look like minor leagues. Seriously. This will be the standard by which all future trains are judged and found lacking. :lol:

I only believe this when i see it. Nothing beats 2012 Sky. Let's be real here - they could have made it a podium sweep with Porte and Rogers was also a top10 climber.
ppanther92

Re:

03 Jun 2018 19:46

you know the bottles are bio degradable
rick james

03 Jun 2018 19:57

Koronin wrote:

just sky or every team?
rick james

03 Jun 2018 20:11

ppanther92 wrote:
JosephK wrote:Sky Train gearing up for its most dominating TDF beatdown, this year. Will make the 2012 edition look like minor leagues. Seriously. This will be the standard by which all future trains are judged and found lacking. :lol:

I only believe this when i see it. Nothing beats 2012 Sky. Let's be real here - they could have made it a podium sweep with Porte and Rogers was also a top10 climber.

Without a doubt, this team will be stronger, but so will the opposition (hopefully)! Cause that opposition was some of the weakeast I have ever seen, probably weaker than 1998.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

03 Jun 2018 20:13

rick james wrote:
Koronin wrote:

just sky or every team?

If possible I'd prefer all teams to toss bottles where fans are as the fans would definitely go get those bottles.
User avatar Koronin

04 Jun 2018 18:38

rick james wrote:

you know the bottles are bio degradable

That attribute mysteriously disappeared from the new Elite Fly bottles now widely in use...
wouterkaas

08 Jun 2018 14:43

So is Tao doing the Vuelta?

Wonder if there's a chance he'll be considered for the Tour considering just how well he is riding. I find it unlikely though.
deValtos

Re:

08 Jun 2018 14:55

deValtos wrote:So is Tao doing the Vuelta?

Wonder if there's a chance he'll be considered for the Tour considering just how well he is riding. I find it unlikely though.

Nah they have enough climbers there.

Froome-Bernal-Thomas-Poels-Kwiatkowsi-Moscon-Castroviejo-Rowe (van Baarle)

I'm sure they'll send him to Vuelta where their leaders look to be De la Cruz and Sergio Henao. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of chances to score his own results there
MuskyOurSaviour

08 Jun 2018 15:34

MuskyOurSaviour wrote:
deValtos wrote:So is Tao doing the Vuelta?

Nah they have enough climbers there.

Froome-Bernal-Thomas-Poels-Kwiatkowsi-Moscon-Castroviejo-Rowe (van Baarle)

I'm sure they'll send him to Vuelta where their leaders look to be De la Cruz and Sergio Henao. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of chances to score his own results there

Is Poels going to the Tour?
If yes, why? He can get a leaders role at the Vuelta.
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

08 Jun 2018 16:14

MuskyOurSaviour wrote:I'm sure they'll send him to Vuelta where their leaders look to be De la Cruz and Sergio Henao. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of chances to score his own results there

The Vuelta looks like being the first GT since the 2014 Giro where Sky don't have a genuine contender for the overall victory at the start. (Going backwards, Froome, Froome, Froome, Landa, Froome, Froome, Landa, Froome, Froome, Porte, Froome, Froome.)
rlntlssly

Re:

08 Jun 2018 16:25

Didn't teams switch to biodegradable bottles a decade ago?
User avatar myrideissteelerthanyours

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing