Register

Team Sky Discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

14 May 2017 21:14

Zinoviev Letter wrote:Just terrible luck. I was looking forward to seeing how Thomas and Landa were going to do. Then one stupid accident later...

Yea one of the most annoying bits of this crash is we won't know what they were capable of and for these two riders in particular I was very curious because they both had potential to fail or succeed spectacularly.

If Froome/Quintana crash it sucks for them but we know what they're capable of so I don't feel robbed of my questions as much.
deValtos

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

14 May 2017 21:50

DBotero wrote:So Thomas will carry on:
"I've had worse crashes. My shoulder is sore but it's nothing I can't deal with. There's a lot more racing to be had so we'll get stuck in."
No words from Landa or Sky about his condition.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/crash-derails-giro-challenge

tests tomorrow to be sure no serious injury
https://twitter.com/MikelLandaMeana/status/863838873394311168
CTQ

Re: Re:

14 May 2017 23:24

deValtos wrote:
Zinoviev Letter wrote:Just terrible luck. I was looking forward to seeing how Thomas and Landa were going to do. Then one stupid accident later...

Yea one of the most annoying bits of this crash is we won't know what they were capable of and for these two riders in particular I was very curious because they both had potential to fail or succeed spectacularly.

If Froome/Quintana crash it sucks for them but we know what they're capable of so I don't feel robbed of my questions as much.

Yes that's exactly it. Thomas and Landa were two of the genuine mysteries as far as their GT potential is concerned and now they will be just as mysterious at the end of the race as they were at the start.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

15 May 2017 06:36

while sky are saying the right things, I'd love it if they paced dumoulin when he needs it in the mountains. after movistar mugged them off at the vuelta and again here. Not saying movie star did anything wrong, but a bit of spice would be fun.
Singer01

Re:

15 May 2017 07:53

Singer01 wrote:while sky are saying the right things, I'd love it if they paced dumoulin when he needs it in the mountains. after movistar mugged them off at the vuelta and again here. Not saying movie star did anything wrong, but a bit of spice would be fun.

Not sure that will happen. It was a Sunweb rider who took out their entire team yesterday after all. And I don't think Sunweb are the most popular team in the peloton anyway for some of their 'negative' tactics.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

15 May 2017 08:11

DFA123 wrote:
Singer01 wrote:while sky are saying the right things, I'd love it if they paced dumoulin when he needs it in the mountains. after movistar mugged them off at the vuelta and again here. Not saying movie star did anything wrong, but a bit of spice would be fun.

Not sure that will happen. It was a Sunweb rider who took out their entire team yesterday after all. And I don't think Sunweb are the most popular team in the peloton anyway for some of their 'negative' tactics.

Muddying the waters are we?
rick james

15 May 2017 08:23

rick james wrote:
DFA123 wrote:

If you don't think some members of Sky will have discussed amongst themselves the bike handling and line choice of the Sunweb rider, then you don't know pro cyclists.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

15 May 2017 08:27

DFA123 wrote:
rick james wrote:
DFA123 wrote:

If you don't think some members of Sky will have discussed amongst themselves the bike handling and line choice of the Sunweb rider, then you don't know pro cyclists.

What the hell do you know about what the Sky riders have discussed?

this was not the riders fault, the fact you're trying to blame them speaks volumes
rick james

15 May 2017 08:34

I seen some say Rosa was a DNF yesterday, is it true?
rick james

Re:

15 May 2017 08:43

rick james wrote:I seen some say Rosa was a DNF yesterday, is it true?

Don't think so. Results from CN article:

73 Diego Rosa (Ita) Team Sky 0:17:17
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

15 May 2017 08:44

rick james wrote:
DFA123 wrote:
rick james wrote:
DFA123 wrote:

What the hell do you know about what the Sky riders have discussed?

this was not the riders fault, the fact you're trying to blame them speaks volumes

As suspected, you don't know pro cyclists very well.

I agree it was not mostly the rider's fault. But in my experience of spending some time with some pro teams, riders would fully expect fellow riders to avoid a motorbike parked at the side of the road - they hold each other to very high standards regarding handling and line choice (at least in private). And they remember very well which riders took them down in crashes.

I guess these kind of nuances don't come across so well in the black and white world of Eurosport and Twitter though. :rolleyes:
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

15 May 2017 08:55

don't start talking about like you know what pro cyclist are like or what they are talking about...you know as much as the rest of us
rick james

Re:

15 May 2017 09:29

rick james wrote:don't start talking about like you know what pro cyclist are like or what they are talking about...you know as much as the rest of us

Ok rick, believe what you want. You obviously can't know whether or not the statement you have made is true.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

15 May 2017 10:11

would love to see the video from the team's car when they hit the deck...
glassmoon

15 May 2017 10:45

DFA123 wrote:
rick james wrote:don't start talking about like you know what pro cyclist are like or what they are talking about...you know as much as the rest of us

Ok rick, believe what you want. You obviously can't know whether or not the statement you have made is true.

Besines I know what you want to mean, I dont think this time they are gonna blame a fellow cyclist in this one. They already have someone to blame.
Fernandez

15 May 2017 11:37

Fernandez wrote:
DFA123 wrote:

Besines I know what you want to mean, I dont think this time they are gonna blame a fellow cyclist in this one. They already have someone to blame.

of Couse they have someone to blame.....the motorbike driver that caused the crash
rick james

15 May 2017 15:16

DFA123 wrote:

Watching the replay a Sky rider effectively squeezed Kelderman into the moto.
yaco

15 May 2017 15:26

Ah yes, as it turns out team sky riders who had absolutely no vision of the obstruction are the cause of the crash.
deValtos

Re:

15 May 2017 15:44

deValtos wrote:Ah yes, as it turns out team sky riders who had absolutely no vision of the obstruction are the cause of the crash.

I am happy with my assessment - Doesn't change the fact the ultimate cause of the crash was the parked moto.
yaco

16 May 2017 10:14

King Boonen wrote:
rick james wrote:I seen some say Rosa was a DNF yesterday, is it true?

Don't think so. Results from CN article:

73 Diego Rosa (Ita) Team Sky 0:17:17

Good to see! He was initially listed as DNF alongside Kelderman on PCS.
wouterkaas

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing