Register

Team Sky Discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

31 May 2018 19:59

Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:Lol, a dolphin at the back. Thats not really a pretty jersey.....

Orca :confused:

Yes it’s an Orca.

Its not the best looking jersey, but It’s for a very good cause and it’s a topic that people need to start dealing with before it’s too late, so no complaints from me.
User avatar Pricey_sky

31 May 2018 20:59

Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:Lol, a dolphin at the back. Thats not really a pretty jersey.....

With my pedantic hat on....

Orcas are dolphins.
User avatar Richeypen

01 Jun 2018 20:22

That's some team for the Dauphiné TTT.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

01 Jun 2018 20:38

Except all the other Tour squads are at Suisse. I guess we'll see them demolish Bahrain or AG2R but then I don't need a Dauphine TTT to know that.
hazaran

Re:

01 Jun 2018 20:48

hazaran wrote:Except all the other Tour squads are at Suisse. I guess we'll see them demolish Bahrain or AG2R but then I don't need a Dauphine TTT to know that.

The Tour TTT will be a bit hillier and both Gorka and Ion are missing, so it's hard to compare.
AG2R have a few guys that could/should be on the Tour squad that are great assets in a TTT(Gallopin, Latour, Naesen, Dillier and maybe Vandenbergh), so I wouldn't underestimate them at the Tour.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

01 Jun 2018 21:00

Richeypen wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:

Orcas are dolphins.

Orcas are whales not dolphins.
User avatar Koronin

01 Jun 2018 21:23

Koronin wrote:
Richeypen wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:

Orcas are dolphins.

No, they are dolphins
rick james

01 Jun 2018 21:26

Koronin wrote:
Richeypen wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:

Orcas are dolphins.

They are also known as killer whales but they are dolphins ;)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

01 Jun 2018 21:26

Koronin wrote:
Richeypen wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:

Orcas are dolphins.

They are the largest members of the oceanic dolphin family (delphinidae). A number of the largest dolphin species are commonly called whales including orcas, false killer whales, pilot whales and beluga whales. All dolphins however are in the category of “toothed whales” and are more closely related to large toothed whales like the sperm whale than either group are to the baleen whales.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

01 Jun 2018 21:30

So they have pellizotti on their back :lol:
EroicaStradeBianche

01 Jun 2018 21:35

Orcas are awesome, fascinating animals. The 8 year old me would have cheered for Sky just because of that jersey. :D
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

Re:

01 Jun 2018 21:39

Mayomaniac wrote:Orcas are awesome, fascinating animals. The 8 year old me would have cheered for Sky just because of that jersey. :D

I agree and its a good choice for the jersey, it makes me want to watch Free Willy again! :lol:
User avatar Pricey_sky

01 Jun 2018 21:40

Front of jersey = horrible
Back of jersey = great
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

Re:

01 Jun 2018 21:51

LaFlorecita wrote:I like the cause and I also kinda like the orca on the back
But the front is just fugly and why is that kit 3 sizes too large for Froome.

Because now Bertie doesn't ride anymore we all need to obsess about someone else's weight!
I think that would look great with all 8 at the front of the group climbing a mountain. Shame they have to have numbers to cover it.
Singer01

Re:

01 Jun 2018 21:56

Mayomaniac wrote:Orcas are awesome, fascinating animals. The 8 year old me would have cheered for Sky just because of that jersey. :D

Orcas are d1ck heads, I’ve watched enough of the blue planet on the BBC that tells me they are not to be f#cked with
rick james

Re:

01 Jun 2018 22:16

I love Orcas, however still won't cheer for Sky. On the other hand, I do respect the message and what they are hoping to do with this.
User avatar Koronin

02 Jun 2018 02:24

Koronin wrote:

I love Orcas, however still won't cheer for Sky. On the other hand, I do respect the message and what they are hoping to do with this.

It's not something started by Team Sky as such, more the Sky media group that began the campaign last year, they've already been involved with cricket and football matches in the UK. The documentary that followed the launch clearly showed the destruction we are causing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35YnZ7_WxM

You may remember the last campaign, Sky rainforest rescue, where Team Sky supported it by wearing the black and green kit for the 2011 Tour. They raised £9 million and saved a billion trees in the Amazon:
https://rainforestrescue.sky.com/
User avatar Pricey_sky

02 Jun 2018 06:53

Singer01 wrote:

Because now Bertie doesn't ride anymore we all need to obsess about someone else's weight!

How am I obsessing about weight, I just noted the jersey is too large for Froome to fit snugly which makes it look kinda messy. Nothing to do with weight.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

02 Jun 2018 08:41

LaFlorecita wrote:
Singer01 wrote:

How am I obsessing about weight, I just noted the jersey is too large for Froome to fit snugly which makes it look kinda messy. Nothing to do with weight.

I was being facetious.
Singer01

02 Jun 2018 11:22

Singer01 wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
Singer01 wrote:

I was being facetious.

Good :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing