Log in:  

Register

U23 races and talents

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2018 19:52

Mayomaniac wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Giro Valle d'Aosta starts today, doesn't have the best of startlists. Race has become pretty dull with the return of Giro U23. Zalf for instance isn't starting because they don't want to burn their riders, but at least Colpack is here with Bagioli, after he had to miss out on the Giro due to school commitments.

Isn't Zalf still blacklisted because of the teamcar that helped Andreetta to win the final MTT in 2014?
He got DQed and since then there's no love lost between the race organizers and Zalf.

Zalf, like last year, decided not to participate because they don't want to burn their riders.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,828
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2018 20:01

DNP-Old wrote:
Mayomaniac wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Giro Valle d'Aosta starts today, doesn't have the best of startlists. Race has become pretty dull with the return of Giro U23. Zalf for instance isn't starting because they don't want to burn their riders, but at least Colpack is here with Bagioli, after he had to miss out on the Giro due to school commitments.

Isn't Zalf still blacklisted because of the teamcar that helped Andreetta to win the final MTT in 2014?
He got DQed and since then there's no love lost between the race organizers and Zalf.

Zalf, like last year, decided not to participate because they don't want to burn their riders.

That makes sense, Zalf has a rep for being careful and not burning their riders, the guys who ride their first year in the U23 ranks usually only get a pretty limited amount of racing.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,201
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

10 Jul 2018 23:08

Has to be noted by the way, that UEC planned the U23 European Championships in the same week as Valle d'Aosta. Great marketing for your own European races. Most riders opting for EC in Czech Republic.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,828
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re: U23 races and talents

11 Jul 2018 16:15

Result uphill prologue Giro Valle d'Aosta. Jonas Vingegaard Rasmussen wins ahead of Stefan de Bod and Mark Donovan
Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

15 Jul 2018 11:25

Image
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,828
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

17 Jul 2018 15:34

Colombia's team for l'Avenir:
Ivan Sosa (Androni Sidermec)
Cristian Camilo Muñoz (Coldeportes Zenú Sello Rojo)
Daniel Muñoz (EPM Scott)
Alejandro Osorio (Avinal GW El Carmen de Viboral)
Harold Tejada (EPM Scott)
Javier Ignacio Montoya (Trevigiani Phonix)
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,828
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re:

17 Jul 2018 17:04

DNP-Old wrote:Colombia's team for l'Avenir:
Ivan Sosa (Androni Sidermec)
Cristian Camilo Muñoz (Coldeportes Zenú Sello Rojo)
Daniel Muñoz (EPM Scott)
Alejandro Osorio (Avinal GW El Carmen de Viboral)
Harold Tejada (EPM Scott)
Javier Ignacio Montoya (Trevigiani Phonix)


Very strong team, missing Rubio Reyes and Nico Saenz, I wonder if that was to include more beef so they don't ship boatloads of time in the TTT?
JoeD1997
Junior Member
 
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 May 2017 10:50

Re: U23 races and talents

17 Jul 2018 19:56

LaFlorecita wrote:Result uphill prologue Giro Valle d'Aosta. Jonas Vingegaard Rasmussen wins ahead of Stefan de Bod and Mark Donovan


And the next day Jonas went flying into a wall at 50 km/h.
He's basically fine, gonna start PNDR.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,293
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

20 Jul 2018 20:51

From the official Tour de l'Avenir website:

Image
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,828
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandre B., archa55, Bing [Bot], Blanco, Broccolidwarf, Climbing, deneb, dercuforever, dusty red roads, Finn84, franic, Frosty, GuyIncognito, huge, Ikbengodniet, Koronin, MuskyOurSaviour, Nirvana, oldcrank, Pricey_sky, Richeypen, rick james, Rollthedice, SafeBet, Screecher, SpeciaaliJussi, The_Beach, therealthing, topcat, Valv.Piti, willbick, WKA311, Zinoviev Letter, zlev11 and 175 guests

Back to top