Register

U23 races and talents

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

18 Sep 2017 18:51

GenericBoonenFan wrote:I've one case to disprove your stupid opinion: Thor Hushovd

Kurt Asle Arvesen also won U23 Road Race back in the day..
Monte

Re: Re:

18 Sep 2017 18:52

Monte wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:I've one case to disprove your stupid opinion: Thor Hushovd

Kurt Asle Arvesen also won U23 Road Race back in the day..

My knowledge doesn't date back further than 2005 sorry :3
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

Re:

18 Sep 2017 18:57

Lmao, you really think one case outweighs the rest? I'll name you some, in the first three places of the world championships alone: Mads Wurtz Schmidt, Lasse Norman Hansen, Rasmus Quaade (he takes the absolute cake), Mathias Krigbaum, Oksar Svendsen, Kristoffer Skjerping, Sven Erik Bystrom, Sondre Holst Enger, Mads Christensen, Sebastian Lander, Niki Ostergaard, Anders Lund. Judge is still up for some riders like Halvorsen, he's going on nicely being Mr. DNF, and the few times he finishes a race, he's usually all the way down the list.

The one guy who doesn't make the list is Kristoff, and he was also the one who wasn't great as a junior or espoir.
Last edited by DNP-Old on 18 Sep 2017 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar DNP-Old

18 Sep 2017 18:58

Monte wrote:
ciranda wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Frankschleck wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Scandinavian riders should be banned from U23 racing. This is laughable.

why?

Because year in, year out we see all these laughable Danish and Norwegian riders destroy everything everywhere and then proceed to do absolutely remotely nothing in the professional level. I thought we had hit rock bottom, but this Bjerg guy absolutely takes the cake.

These opinions are idiotic. Name names, be specific about reasons, explain or STFU. The danish federation has no money and goes to four or five stage races each year. Bjerg rides for a team that has to ask for volunteers as drivers and soigneurs when they go to race some small race in France. He has hardly raced in other countries all year. Yet the result today is supposed to be cause of weird somehow unknown and unavailable to other nations training methods. That could be the reason if no one anywhere cares about world championships I guess.

On the other hand could be a product of a scene with many u23s, more than GBR or AUS I think, where cycling is a very big sport with a long history, that continue to turn out legitimately talented cyclists, in a country not bigger geographically than the best from each generation can battle every week during the season.

Dont feed the Trolls plz!.

Different opinion = troll. Duly noted.
User avatar DNP-Old

18 Sep 2017 19:02

Trolls have the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,often for the troll's amusement..

BOth Thor Hushovd, Kurt Asle Arvesen and Boasson Hagen was top U23 Riders .. As was Sven Erik Bystrøm and he is a successful millionaire doing what he loves, ur just plain wrong. ANd stupid.
Monte

18 Sep 2017 19:03

Chance are Denmark and Norway will win and/or podium tomorrow again with Johansen and Leknessund, and they'll be the next ones on the list. Scandinavians are just like Ukrainian or Russian riders. They're really good at young age, and, for whatever reason, they have hit their career peaks at 22. There are a gazillion of examples. Hushovd, Kristoff or whoever won't change that, they are nothing more than the exceptions to the rule.
Last edited by DNP-Old on 18 Sep 2017 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar DNP-Old

18 Sep 2017 19:05

Monte wrote:Trolls have the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,often for the troll's amusement..

BOth Thor Hushovd, Kurt Asle Arvesen and Boasson Hagen was top U23 Riders .. As was Sven Erik Bystrøm and he is a successful millionaire doing what he loves, ur just plain wrong. ANd stupid.

Boasson Hagen is another example in fact, thanks for the addition. Just another rider who couldn't fulfil his potential. Here we had the new Merckx, and at the end of the day he has been an underachiever. That's not me saying he is bad, that's not me saying he isn't a very good rider. That's me saying he didn't do nearly as good as expected, and that's a fact. Sorry to tell it how it is.
User avatar DNP-Old

Re:

18 Sep 2017 19:08

DNP-Old wrote:Chance are Denmark and Norway will win and/or podium tomorrow again with Johansen and Leknessund, and they'll be the next ones on the list. Scandinavians are just like Ukrainian or Russian riders. They're really good at young age, for whatever reason, and they have hit their career at 22. There are a gazillion of examples. Hushovd, Kristoff or whoever won't change that, they are nothing more than the exceptions to the rule.

Well ur the definition of a Troll, but there are 0 examples of U23 winners and contenders from NOrway NOT getting to be one of the best in the world, ever since it was created.

Ye Juniors you have some, like in every other sport.. When u live in the best countries in the world with all u can get suffering all day aint suitable for all . Still u sound just like a sore loser with a history not told to explain it..

Leknessund will win tomorrow, u mad? lol
Monte

18 Sep 2017 19:09

> ''You're a troll!''
> ''U mad lol?''

:lol: :rolleyes:

Please stop wasting my time, thank you.
User avatar DNP-Old

Re:

18 Sep 2017 19:10

DNP-Old wrote:> ''You're a troll!''
> ''U mad lol?''

''

Ive proven that u are wrong, im done with you. All can see. You seem jealous of something, bad Living? Keep the chin up kid.
Monte

18 Sep 2017 19:13

Monte wrote:
> ''U mad lol?''

''

Ive proven that u are wrong, im done with you. All can see. You seem jealous of something, bad Living? Keep the chin up kid.

You've done nothing more than saying I am a troll. In the past five responses you have exactly contradicted 0 of my points, or 0 of my names.

You mad lol?

Clown.
User avatar DNP-Old

18 Sep 2017 19:13

Your statements are absolutely ridiculous and btw Nobody in his right mind would ever think that Bo Hagen (or any other rider) could level with Merckx or Coppi. Times have changed and so have racing tactics.
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

18 Sep 2017 19:14

Sigh.

Find the right subject, or find the report button please.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

18 Sep 2017 19:15

DNP-Old wrote:
Monte wrote:
> ''U mad lol?''

''

You've done nothing more than saying I am a troll. In the past five responses you have exactly contradicted 0 of my points, or 0 of my names.

You mad lol?

Clown.

Name one U23 winner or runner up from Norway that aint a world star and a millionaire?

You see, end of story ; i won .
Monte

Re:

18 Sep 2017 19:17

GenericBoonenFan wrote:Your statements are absolutely ridiculous and btw Nobody in his right mind would ever think that Bo Hagen (or any other rider) could level with Merckx or Coppi. Times have changed and so have racing tactics.

Hagen being the next Merckx wasn't exactly the point. The point being made was Hagen being an extremely talented rider who hasn't done anything to remotely fulfil his potential. He was expected to be a multi monument winner and he hasn't come close. The biggest victory of his life is what, an Eneco Tour, Gent - Wevelgem?

Whether I named him the next Merckx or the next Mathieu Perget doesn't really matter or change the point.
User avatar DNP-Old

18 Sep 2017 19:18

DNP-Old wrote:

Lmao, you really think one case outweighs the rest? I'll name you some, in the first three places of the world championships alone: Mads Wurtz Schmidt, Lasse Norman Hansen, Rasmus Quaade (he takes the absolute cake), Mathias Krigbaum, Oksar Svendsen, Kristoffer Skjerping, Sven Erik Bystrom, Sondre Holst Enger, Mads Christensen, Sebastian Lander, Niki Ostergaard, Anders Lund. Judge is still up for some riders like Halvorsen, he's going on nicely being Mr. DNF, and the few times he finishes a race, he's usually all the way down the list.

He's been doing pretty well, though. Not exceptional, but decent.

Monte wrote:Leknessund will win tomorrow, u mad? lol

No he won't. :D
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

18 Sep 2017 19:23

DNP-Old wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:Your statements are absolutely ridiculous and btw Nobody in his right mind would ever think that Bo Hagen (or any other rider) could level with Merckx or Coppi. Times have changed and so have racing tactics.

Hagen being the next Merckx wasn't exactly the point. The point being made was Hagen being an extremely talented rider who hasn't done anything to remotely fulfil his potential. He was expected to be a multi monument winner and he hasn't come close. The biggest victory of his life is what, an Eneco Tour, Gent - Wevelgem?

Whether I named him the next Merckx or the next Mathieu Perget doesn't really matter or change the point.

What other people expect is not a bar. He is one of the most successful Cyclists with mosts wins in his generation. Go look it up. Sagan won the worlds , Boasson was second.. Then third. Its margins, thats what i love with this sport. Ur just plain wrong and biased to Scandinavia for some reason.. U dont like Whites, is that it? lol
Monte

18 Sep 2017 19:25

Bo Hagen never lived up to his massive promise from his Columbia days. This is a fact.
User avatar classicomano

18 Sep 2017 19:25

RedheadDane wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:

He's been doing pretty well, though. Not exceptional, but decent.

Monte wrote:Leknessund will win tomorrow, u mad? lol

No he won't. :D

Ohh he will crush em! :D http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=203488
Monte

18 Sep 2017 19:28

Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing