Log in:  

Register

U23 races and talents

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

15 Jun 2018 17:20

DNP-Old wrote:If this race isn't televised next year ima be real mad. Another insane stage and another Colombia domination. :D 1. Muñoz, 2. Rubio. It looks like Osorio is reclaiming his jersey as well.


Not sure if you're implying it doesn't have coverage this year. If you are, good news! It has.
User avatar GuyIncognito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,277
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 21:19

Re: Re:

15 Jun 2018 19:13

GuyIncognito wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:If this race isn't televised next year ima be real mad. Another insane stage and another Colombia domination. :D 1. Muñoz, 2. Rubio. It looks like Osorio is reclaiming his jersey as well.


Not sure if you're implying it doesn't have coverage this year. If you are, good news! It has.


Where? Coz it sure ain't on Eurosport.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,795
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

15 Jun 2018 21:09

GuyIncognito wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:If this race isn't televised next year ima be real mad. Another insane stage and another Colombia domination. :D 1. Muñoz, 2. Rubio. It looks like Osorio is reclaiming his jersey as well.


Not sure if you're implying it doesn't have coverage this year. If you are, good news! It has.

I meant live, not the PMG recaps.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,226
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re: Re:

16 Jun 2018 03:18

DNP-Old wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:If this race isn't televised next year ima be real mad. Another insane stage and another Colombia domination. :D 1. Muñoz, 2. Rubio. It looks like Osorio is reclaiming his jersey as well.


Not sure if you're implying it doesn't have coverage this year. If you are, good news! It has.

I meant live, not the PMG recaps.


Ah, understood
User avatar GuyIncognito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,277
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 21:19

16 Jun 2018 08:45

Vlasov new pink jersey after a huge crash at the 5k to go, including Osorio. **** sake.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,226
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

16 Jun 2018 10:42

That ITT looks a brute - Expect differences between the top 10.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,492
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

16 Jun 2018 15:30

Stannard is so strong. Started as 7th, now already 3rd. And Donovan is getting weaker in 2nd. Vlasov is safe, though.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,355
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

16 Jun 2018 15:51

What happened to Barta? He was DNF on the stage 9a?!
User avatar Jancouver
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,569
Joined: 14 Mar 2009 22:03
Location: San Diego, USA

16 Jun 2018 15:51

Stage looks like Stannard, Almeida, Bjerg with Vlasov, Almeida, Stannard 1-3 on GC. I presume Donovan 4th, SEG say Williams was 5th overall
JoeD1997
Junior Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 May 2017 10:50

16 Jun 2018 16:20

Thought Stannard could do a good ITT, though he went better than expected - Disappointing for the Columbians who dominated the race but finished 6th and 7th - Interesting that Almeida, Stannard, Donovan and Covi are 19, while Osario is 20.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,492
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re:

16 Jun 2018 16:47

Jancouver wrote:What happened to Barta? He was DNF on the stage 9a?!


He was caught up in that crash, early reports from HBA say broken femur :o Very sad, probably ends his season, very bad way to end an U23 career.
JoeD1997
Junior Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 May 2017 10:50

Re: Re:

16 Jun 2018 17:31

JoeD1997 wrote:
Jancouver wrote:What happened to Barta? He was DNF on the stage 9a?!


He was caught up in that crash, early reports from HBA say broken femur :o Very sad, probably ends his season, very bad way to end an U23 career.


Thanks for the info.

I was hoping he will get a good result from this race as over the last few years he was always working for others. With this injury, a WT contract probably wont happen ... :mad:
User avatar Jancouver
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,569
Joined: 14 Mar 2009 22:03
Location: San Diego, USA

Re:

17 Jun 2018 09:06

yaco wrote:Thought Stannard could do a good ITT, though he went better than expected - Disappointing for the Columbians who dominated the race but finished 6th and 7th - Interesting that Almeida, Stannard, Donovan and Covi are 19, while Osario is 20.

The ColOmbians both crashed in the morning stage. Same for Almeida, who would have won this race if not for said crash.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,226
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re: Re:

17 Jun 2018 09:15

DNP-Old wrote:
yaco wrote:Thought Stannard could do a good ITT, though he went better than expected - Disappointing for the Columbians who dominated the race but finished 6th and 7th - Interesting that Almeida, Stannard, Donovan and Covi are 19, while Osario is 20.

The ColOmbians both crashed in the morning stage. Same for Almeida, who would have won this race if not for said crash.


Interesting how many of the top10 get WT contracts in 2019, bearing in mind that Stannard has signed with Mitchelton Scott for 2019 and I understand Almeida is signed for 2019 - Of course L'Avenir will tell us more but i suspect a few of the top 10 from the Baby Giro can spend another year at under 23 level.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,492
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re: Re:

17 Jun 2018 09:26

JoeD1997 wrote:He was caught up in that crash, early reports from HBA say broken femur :o Very sad, probably ends his season, very bad way to end an U23 career.


You might want to edit that emoticon: it looks very much like a smile, which I hope is not your intention.
User avatar Armchair cyclist
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,004
Joined: 22 Mar 2010 17:28
Location: East of England, West of Ireland

Re: Re:

17 Jun 2018 11:04

Armchair cyclist wrote:
JoeD1997 wrote:He was caught up in that crash, early reports from HBA say broken femur :( Very sad, probably ends his season, very bad way to end an U23 career.


You might want to edit that emoticon: it looks very much like a smile, which I hope is not your intention.


Edited the emoticon for you anyway, but that seems a puzzling thing to have picked up on, especially when the emoticon was followed by the words "very sad", which I feel adequately revealed the intention of the emoticon. I think if I was gaining any sot of pleasure from what happened yesterday, I would not then describe his situation as being "sad", no? I actually have met Will before, but even if we were speaking about a rider who I was not a fan of or had spoken to, I would never wish an injury of any kind upon them, let alone a broken leg. Hopefully this clears everything up...
JoeD1997
Junior Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 May 2017 10:50

10 Jul 2018 07:29

Giro Valle d'Aosta starts today, doesn't have the best of startlists. Race has become pretty dull with the return of Giro U23. Zalf for instance isn't starting because they don't want to burn their riders, but at least Colpack is here with Bagioli, after he had to miss out on the Giro due to school commitments.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,226
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re:

10 Jul 2018 09:11

DNP-Old wrote:Giro Valle d'Aosta starts today,

or tomorrow....
Tim Booth
Member
 
Posts: 366
Joined: 18 Aug 2017 08:13

Re:

10 Jul 2018 19:18

DNP-Old wrote:Giro Valle d'Aosta starts today, doesn't have the best of startlists. Race has become pretty dull with the return of Giro U23. Zalf for instance isn't starting because they don't want to burn their riders, but at least Colpack is here with Bagioli, after he had to miss out on the Giro due to school commitments.

Isn't Zalf still blacklisted because of the teamcar that helped Andreetta to win the final MTT in 2014?
He got DQed and since then there's no love lost between the race organizers and Zalf.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,413
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

10 Jul 2018 19:39

Interesting that the Aussie's don't have a team at D'Aosta or even the Mitchelton Conti Squad - Actually the Mitchelton Squad is riding the Tour of Qingdao Lake.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,492
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Back to top