Register

Enric Mas Rising Star

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

07 Apr 2018 16:32

Gigs_98 wrote:I honestly think that win was about as impressive as soler's win in paris nice. Ofc winning the gc of a wt race is on a completely different level of prestige but today's win was mightily impressive

Noot sure.

Soler couldn't have pulled this, I agree

Mas couldn't have pulled the PN raid.

But this is a very impressive performance on a steep climb vs the likes of Quintana and Landa.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

07 Apr 2018 16:34

Anyway, I was disappointed by his early season, but now he's won me back over.

He's going for GC in the Vuelta I heard? What's inbetween?
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

Re:

07 Apr 2018 17:05

Red Rick wrote:Anyway, I was disappointed by his early season, but now he's won me back over.

I'm guessing he'll go for Burgos again.. Maybe Dauphiné or Suisse in between? QS don't have that many options for GC
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Re:

07 Apr 2018 17:12

LaFlorecita wrote:
Red Rick wrote:Anyway, I was disappointed by his early season, but now he's won me back over.

I'm guessing he'll go for Burgos again.. Maybe Dauphiné or Suisse in between? QS don't have that many options for GC

Suisse makes more sense I think. Maybe he'll go to Austria :D
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

07 Apr 2018 17:21

Gigs_98 wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:

Possibly Suisse, although Movistar has already announced they are sending all 3 of their top riders there and sending Soler to lead the team at the Dauphine.
User avatar Koronin

07 Apr 2018 17:37

Koronin wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:

Possibly Suisse, although Movistar has already announced they are sending all 3 of their top riders there and sending Soler to lead the team at the Dauphine.

What has that got to do with Mas :confused:
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

07 Apr 2018 17:38

LaFlorecita wrote:
Koronin wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:

What has that got to do with Mas :confused:

It's going to depend on which top riders they want Mas to go up against in which race.
User avatar Koronin

07 Apr 2018 18:12

Koronin wrote:
It's going to depend on which top riders they want Mas to go up against in which race.

I think they'll look at which race best fits his characteristics rather than the competition.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

07 Apr 2018 18:18

LaFlorecita wrote:
Koronin wrote:

I think they'll look at which race best fits his characteristics rather than the competition.

They're similar enough that how it fits in the buildup toward Vuelta is more important I think.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

07 Apr 2018 21:35

What an absolutely stunning performance - he could most likely have followed Landa today. I didn't know he had this in him at this moment. Could do some pretty crazy stuff in La Vuelta, maybe similar to Lopez last year. QS is just an awesome team
User avatar Valv.Piti

07 Apr 2018 22:05

Looked great the whole week. It was only a matter of time. Stunning win, the first of many.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

07 Apr 2018 22:17

perico wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Very frustrating to see Enric lose his youth jersey and chance at a top-10 finish due to Quickstep's dumb tactics. :mad:
Would have been 9th after today's stage.

And this is why I’m not a fan of his remaining at QS, although I do like Lefevre. Sometimes you have to let the potential rise.

He should 100% be happy to ride with Quickstep: it’s a team with a winning mentality and it’s a team that will let him ride for himself reasonably often.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

07 Apr 2018 22:18

A really stunning performance. The level of competition he held off despite having been in the break was absurdly high.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

07 Apr 2018 22:44

Zinoviev Letter wrote:
perico wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Very frustrating to see Enric lose his youth jersey and chance at a top-10 finish due to Quickstep's dumb tactics. :mad:
Would have been 9th after today's stage.

And this is why I’m not a fan of his remaining at QS, although I do like Lefevre. Sometimes you have to let the potential rise.

He should 100% be happy to ride with Quickstep: it’s a team with a winning mentality and it’s a team that will let him ride for himself reasonably often.

At least for now I agree his best option is to stay where he's at and learn. He'll have plenty of opportunities to ride for himself in stage races. It's not like QS has that many GC riders, so he'll get his opportunities.
User avatar Koronin

08 Apr 2018 11:01

After yesterday's performance, I'd love to see him head to the Giro ... even just for stage hunting and to see how he fares on GC.
User avatar armchairclimber

08 Apr 2018 15:36

That was a great win yesterday. :cool:
I think it's the sign of a clean rider and a real sportsman to be attracted to the bigger challenge over the ultimate result. Good luck with the Giro/Tour double, Chris Froome. -Phil Gaimon
Forever The Best

13 Jun 2018 20:39

Great stage for him today, too bad the route isn't hard enough for him. Should be one of the favourites for Arosa.

Intrigued by his TT. He could be a top-5 contender this Vuelta, I think.
User avatar Valv.Piti

13 Jun 2018 21:04

Great result, great performance. That final punch was impressive and unexpected but I have to wonder what could have happened if he had made the first move. Still it was very encouraging to see him so comfortable throughout the climb, he looked really strong.
He can deliver a decent TT but I haven't looked at the profile yet. It may be a bit long for him if it's not that hilly. If he takes some time on Friday he can definitely finish top-5 overall though.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

14 Jun 2018 15:22

Looked strong again today. 2nd place behind Porte tomorrow. Vamos Enric :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

15 Jun 2018 19:57

Once again climbed with the best. And now with the best young rider jersey on his shoulders and only 1 second off the podium. His TT form wasn't bad recently so maybe he can even get that podium overall.
User avatar Akuryo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing