Log in:  

Register

Enric Mas Rising Star

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re:

10 Sep 2017 19:36

Akuryo wrote:Twice the most combative rider in his very first GT in his first season as a pro is not a bad start, I guess. :)

He was in the right breakaways. He rode well all the way till the end. He helped tame the beast of Asturias.

Well see how he develops next year, starting in the spring
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
Red Rick
Administrator
 
Posts: 13,559
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Nijmegen

10 Sep 2017 19:36

Also. This will be the biggest bandwagon one day.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
Red Rick
Administrator
 
Posts: 13,559
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Nijmegen

Re:

10 Sep 2017 19:44

Red Rick wrote:Also. This will be the biggest bandwagon one day.

You guys can have your flashy attacks and all, in the meantime Ill sit alone in a corner when people suddenly realise the Soler aka Paco Mancebo v.2/Carlito v.2 bandwagon actually is the place to be!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,533
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2017 19:45

Valv.Piti wrote:
Red Rick wrote:Also. This will be the biggest bandwagon one day.

You guys can have your flashy attacks and all, in the meantime Ill sit alone in a corner when people suddenly realise the Soler aka Paco Mancebo v.2/Carlito v.2 bandwagon actually is the place to be!

Thats the spirit
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
Red Rick
Administrator
 
Posts: 13,559
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Nijmegen

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

21 Jan 2018 14:26

Solid ride in Aussie
User avatar perico
Member
 
Posts: 1,093
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 21:57

21 Jan 2018 19:23

Big plans ahead for Mas I hope, likely a two part season with a full tilt at Vuelta
This weeks blog covers Israel Cycling, women's cycling welfare, and I try not get started on World Tour field size. http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/letstalkcycling-muses/ :D
User avatar manafana
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:29

Re:

21 Jan 2018 19:27

manafana wrote:Big plans ahead for Mas I hope, likely a two part season with a full tilt at Vuelta


I hope so. Hopefully Lefevre doesn’t waste his talent leading out sprinters. Mas could have a very big future.
User avatar perico
Member
 
Posts: 1,093
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 21:57

21 Jan 2018 20:29

Yeah, he could already begin to toy with a Vuelta top-10 at this point. I think he will have a heavy spring season with lots of stage races and then a slow buildup for La Vuelta where he should have a 100% free role.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,533
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

21 Jan 2018 20:31

He should have even more freedom now Martin and De la Cruz left the team. I mean, who are Quickstep's main GC riders besides Enric? Alaphilippe, Jungels... De Plus ( :o ) ?
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,935
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

21 Jan 2018 20:45

Yeah I actually think quick step is pretty much the perfect team for him at this point of his career. He'll have freedom in almost all races he'll enter while having many young teammates at a similar point of their career who will develop together with him. I can't really see a better wt team for him right now
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,998
Joined: 18 Feb 2015 18:36
Location: Austria

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

21 Jan 2018 21:02

Gigs_98 wrote:Yeah I actually think quick step is pretty much the perfect team for him at this point of his career. He'll have freedom in almost all races he'll enter while having many young teammates at a similar point of their career who will develop together with him. I can't really see a better wt team for him right now

but I really don't see quick step as a good team to develop stage racers. I still think he should move to a team like katusha or sunweb. quickstep is too focused in classicomanos and sprinters. For me, the best example is bob jungels, I think if he dropped 2/3 kilos without losing power (increasing his w/kg), he could do top3 in the giro.
portugal11
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,963
Joined: 05 Aug 2015 23:15

06 Feb 2018 18:14

.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mas-i-want-to-be-the-first-enric-mas-not-the-next-alberto-contador/

Makes me realise once again, how much I am going to miss Alberto this year......

Come on Enric...you're on the right track!.......“I’ll just try and do good races for the people watching television at home. I want to win big races but I want to give people at home watching something to enjoy"
Ariane
New Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Aug 2016 21:09

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

12 Feb 2018 18:37

portugal11 wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:Yeah I actually think quick step is pretty much the perfect team for him at this point of his career. He'll have freedom in almost all races he'll enter while having many young teammates at a similar point of their career who will develop together with him. I can't really see a better wt team for him right now

but I really don't see quick step as a good team to develop stage racers. I still think he should move to a team like katusha or sunweb. quickstep is too focused in classicomanos and sprinters. For me, the best example is bob jungels, I think if he dropped 2/3 kilos without losing power (increasing his w/kg), he could do top3 in the giro.


This. Last thing he needs to be doing is leading out sprinters, like they did with Verona.
User avatar perico
Member
 
Posts: 1,093
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 21:57

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

12 Feb 2018 18:45

perico wrote:
portugal11 wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:Yeah I actually think quick step is pretty much the perfect team for him at this point of his career. He'll have freedom in almost all races he'll enter while having many young teammates at a similar point of their career who will develop together with him. I can't really see a better wt team for him right now

but I really don't see quick step as a good team to develop stage racers. I still think he should move to a team like katusha or sunweb. quickstep is too focused in classicomanos and sprinters. For me, the best example is bob jungels, I think if he dropped 2/3 kilos without losing power (increasing his w/kg), he could do top3 in the giro.


This. Last thing he needs to be doing is leading out sprinters, like they did with Verona.

I'm a big fan of Verona but I think Enric is way more talented. Quickstep should see this as well.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,935
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

12 Feb 2018 22:10

They let Jungels, who's more of a classics guy, ride any GC he wants. I wouldn't worry about Mas being forced to lead out sprinters :p
Breh
Member
 
Posts: 777
Joined: 24 Jun 2015 14:57

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

20 Feb 2018 15:00

LaFlorecita wrote:
perico wrote:
portugal11 wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:Yeah I actually think quick step is pretty much the perfect team for him at this point of his career. He'll have freedom in almost all races he'll enter while having many young teammates at a similar point of their career who will develop together with him. I can't really see a better wt team for him right now

but I really don't see quick step as a good team to develop stage racers. I still think he should move to a team like katusha or sunweb. quickstep is too focused in classicomanos and sprinters. For me, the best example is bob jungels, I think if he dropped 2/3 kilos without losing power (increasing his w/kg), he could do top3 in the giro.


This. Last thing he needs to be doing is leading out sprinters, like they did with Verona.

I'm a big fan of Verona but I think Enric is way more talented. Quickstep should see this as well.


I think Mas is way more talented too, but I think Verona’s growth was stunted at QS.
User avatar perico
Member
 
Posts: 1,093
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 21:57

20 Feb 2018 16:04

Like leading out a sprinter now and then stunts your carreer. Verona was still given opportunities in hilly and mountaineous stages, but he didn't take them. No wins, very modest results also the past two years at Orica. I'm afraid he just doesn't have enough talent (and/or character). Happens to many 'future stars', alas.
User avatar Jagartrott
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,370
Joined: 15 Apr 2014 13:37

04 Apr 2018 10:31

After a rather quiet start to the year he seems to be in good form at the moment. great to see him at the front in Itzulia. Only Jack Haig is within a minute for the youth classification right now.
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,394
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

05 Apr 2018 15:51

Not the best TT performance today, but with a good showing on the final stage he can still comfortably finish inside the top-10.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,935
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

05 Apr 2018 15:52

LaFlorecita wrote:Not the best TT performance today, but with a good showing on the final stage he can still comfortably finish inside the top-10.

Is he a better TTer normally? I'm asking cause I haven't followed him much in the past.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,835
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amazinmets87, archa55, bonaqua, Bronstein, Climbing, DNP-Old, dubexcalibur, Forever The Best, Gigs_98, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], halfnormal, Hayabusa, Iguana, LaFlorecita, Laplaz, Nonentity, Oude Geuze, Pierrot le Fou, ppanther92, Red Rick, rick james, rlntlssly, staubsauger, YavorD and 145 guests

Back to top