Log in:  

Register

Arnaud Démare discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

17 Apr 2018 19:07

Congrats!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhqqcwdhk6L/

whats up with the snickers??
User avatar Jungle Cycle
Member
 
Posts: 696
Joined: 03 Apr 2016 17:00

17 Apr 2018 20:46

Congratulations! Great picture :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,592
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Arnaud Démare discussion thread

17 Apr 2018 23:02

Congrats Nono!
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,155
Joined: 17 May 2013 18:59

Re: Arnaud Démare discussion thread

16 Jun 2018 23:06

Masterful win against top-notch opposition today. It's looking good for Nono, clearly one of the best sprinters in the World today. Kittel is still #1 until proven otherwise, but for #2, Demare can make his case. For sure, he's in that next to best tier with Gaviria, Sagan, and maybe a couple more like Groen and Ewan. Bravo Nono! Allez Nono!
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,155
Joined: 17 May 2013 18:59

17 Jun 2018 07:39

Nice win yesterday for Nono. He looked strong, took the outer corner around Gaviria and still held him off :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,592
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

18 Jun 2018 03:57

It is good that he is still winning. I hope he can get a stage or 2 at the Tour as long as Cav gets 5. :D
User avatar SHAD0W93
Member
 
Posts: 844
Joined: 13 Aug 2011 03:50

Re:

19 Jun 2018 12:25

SHAD0W93 wrote:It is good that he is still winning. I hope he can get a stage or 2 at the Tour as long as Cav gets 5. :D


Don’t get your hopes up with Cav. It won’t happen. :)
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
_____________________________________________________________________________
Canton Ave Climb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C90ZPlbEfmU
User avatar Jspear
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,541
Joined: 23 Feb 2014 03:50
Location: N. VA, USA

Re: Re:

19 Jun 2018 23:18

Jspear wrote:
SHAD0W93 wrote:It is good that he is still winning. I hope he can get a stage or 2 at the Tour as long as Cav gets 5. :D


Don’t get your hopes up with Cav. It won’t happen. :)


We shall see. ;)
User avatar SHAD0W93
Member
 
Posts: 844
Joined: 13 Aug 2011 03:50

26 Jul 2018 06:26

https://sporza.be/nl/2018/07/26/hln-journalist-zag-het-vanuit-bezemwagen-demare-speelde-niet-va/

Belgian journo from HLN followed the race in the broom wagon yesterday. He says he didn't see a single bidon collé, only a handful pushes from spectators, which is as common as it gets on climbs. That's it.

I genuinely hope he wins on Champs now to silence the haters :cool:
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,706
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

Re:

26 Jul 2018 06:41

Flamin wrote:https://sporza.be/nl/2018/07/26/hln-journalist-zag-het-vanuit-bezemwagen-demare-speelde-niet-va/

Belgian journo from HLN followed the race in the broom wagon yesterday. He says he didn't see a single bidon collé, only a handful pushes from spectators, which is as common as it gets on climbs. That's it.

I genuinely hope he wins on Champs now to silence the haters :cool:

I call bullshit :D
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,535
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

Re:

26 Jul 2018 06:42

Flamin wrote:https://sporza.be/nl/2018/07/26/hln-journalist-zag-het-vanuit-bezemwagen-demare-speelde-niet-va/

Belgian journo from HLN followed the race in the broom wagon yesterday. He says he didn't see a single bidon collé, only a handful pushes from spectators, which is as common as it gets on climbs. That's it.

I genuinely hope he wins on Champs now to silence the haters :cool:


I don´t see a reason why Greipel would lie to the media. He also isn`t the only rider mentioning some fishy things going on. Maybe Demare did nothing wrong on the last stage but considering the rumors in the peleton and his history (MSR) I highly doubt that he survived the alps without any help from the team car.
skippo12
Member
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 14 May 2017 14:34

26 Jul 2018 07:06

Same story year by year, Demare dropped early on and then with minimal TV Coverage somehow catches the time limit ... .
User avatar lartiste
Member
 
Posts: 305
Joined: 29 Jul 2016 21:47

Re: Re:

26 Jul 2018 07:30

skippo12 wrote:
Flamin wrote:https://sporza.be/nl/2018/07/26/hln-journalist-zag-het-vanuit-bezemwagen-demare-speelde-niet-va/

Belgian journo from HLN followed the race in the broom wagon yesterday. He says he didn't see a single bidon collé, only a handful pushes from spectators, which is as common as it gets on climbs. That's it.

I genuinely hope he wins on Champs now to silence the haters :cool:


I don´t see a reason why Greipel would lie to the media. He also isn`t the only rider mentioning some fishy things going on. Maybe Demare did nothing wrong on the last stage but considering the rumors in the peleton and his history (MSR) I highly doubt that he survived the alps without any help from the team car.


You think he's the only one to get help? Why single out Demare? If you do, come with some proper proof instead of wild accusations based on false information. It's sad. Even though I believe Greipel too when he says he saw fishy things in the Alps. But from multiple riders, not just Demare.
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,706
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

Re: Re:

26 Jul 2018 07:44

Flamin wrote:
skippo12 wrote:
Flamin wrote:https://sporza.be/nl/2018/07/26/hln-journalist-zag-het-vanuit-bezemwagen-demare-speelde-niet-va/

Belgian journo from HLN followed the race in the broom wagon yesterday. He says he didn't see a single bidon collé, only a handful pushes from spectators, which is as common as it gets on climbs. That's it.

I genuinely hope he wins on Champs now to silence the haters :cool:


I don´t see a reason why Greipel would lie to the media. He also isn`t the only rider mentioning some fishy things going on. Maybe Demare did nothing wrong on the last stage but considering the rumors in the peleton and his history (MSR) I highly doubt that he survived the alps without any help from the team car.


You think he's the only one to get help? Why single out Demare? If you do, come with some proper proof instead of wild accusations based on false information. It's sad. Even though I believe Greipel too when he says he saw fishy things in the Alps. But from multiple riders, not just Demare.


He refused to mention names in the inital interview. Him singling out Demare seems to be based on the fact that Demare is clearly the worst climber among the remaining riders but somehow finishes inside the time limit even though he cannot follow the peleton on a false flat (2-3% gradient). Seems strange that a rider that is dropped on a cat 4 climb is able to limit his loses on a HC climb.
skippo12
Member
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 14 May 2017 14:34

26 Jul 2018 08:02

Demare lost 12:30 to Quintana, who was also over 3 minutes behind Kangert. French people pushing a french rider - that will always happen, i am not sure though if its really that big of an advantage (messes with your rhythm). Holding ono the car? Maybe, but than Greipel should at least have the balls to call it out directly if he witnessed it. This twitter data thing (even with an error in calculation) is rather passive aggressive.

"Demare's gap to the leader based on the tourtracker data"
https://twitter.com/velofacts/status/1022204078066163714/photo/1

Image
ppanther92
Member
 
Posts: 589
Joined: 03 May 2015 10:27

Re:

26 Jul 2018 09:04

ppanther92 wrote:Demare lost 12:30 to Quintana, who was also over 3 minutes behind Kangert. French people pushing a french rider - that will always happen, i am not sure though if its really that big of an advantage (messes with your rhythm). Holding ono the car? Maybe, but than Greipel should at least have the balls to call it out directly if he witnessed it. This twitter data thing (even with an error in calculation) is rather passive aggressive.

"Demare's gap to the leader based on the tourtracker data"
https://twitter.com/velofacts/status/1022204078066163714/photo/1

Image

What about the Alpine stages?
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,535
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

26 Jul 2018 09:37

The guy is clearly in monster form.

The car was hanging on to him rather than the other way around.
barmaher
Member
 
Posts: 1,770
Joined: 02 Oct 2011 21:04

26 Jul 2018 09:48

He's clearly losing power by using his legs.

If he used those biceps of his instead no one else would have stood a chance.
trucido
Member
 
Posts: 421
Joined: 15 Mar 2016 15:13


26 Jul 2018 16:10

User avatar Billie
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,314
Joined: 24 Jun 2013 14:09

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnatoleNovak, avanti and 34 guests

Back to top