Register

Lesser Known Race Results 2017

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

02 Nov 2017 16:32

Nirvana wrote:This morning 14th win of the season for Mareczko, if he'll win another stage will be the second year in a row with a non WT rider as a most prolific winner of the season (last year was Dupont).

Of all of Mareczko's 33 +.1 career wins, only one was achieved in a European race (Ignoring Turkey).
"If I had stopped for coffee, they would have done the same. They never got off my wheel." - Fabian Cancellara after Paris-Roubaix 2011.
User avatar Cance > TheRest

15 Nov 2017 15:48

Rwanda showing the world what a crowd is at a cycling race.
Breh

Re:

15 Nov 2017 16:15

Breh wrote:Rwanda showing the world what a crowd is at a cycling race.

I know some people don't like the PCS guy, but he's doing a great job for cycling in Asia and Africa.
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2017

15 Nov 2017 16:24

Rwandan people show the world what it is living under the biggest criminal dictator in office today.
Echoes

15 Nov 2017 16:31

Echoes wrote:Rwandan people show the world what it is living under the biggest criminal dictator in office today.

I know a guy in Asia who is really disappointed right now.
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld

15 Nov 2017 16:54

It's the conclusion by Filip Reyntjens. Kagame sparked the genocide with the attack on the former President's plane, and started a war on neighbouring Congo to plunder their resources. over 6 millions dead in Eastern Congo since 1996. No wonder that the Rwandan Ministry of Sport manages to sponsor an international cycling race with relatively high standard, which neighbouring countries cannot for the time being. I cannot enjoy this race, it disgusts me. :Neutral:
Echoes

15 Nov 2017 17:01

Echoes wrote:It's the conclusion by Filip Reyntjens. Kagame sparked the genocide with the attack on the former President's plane, and started a war on neighbouring Congo to plunder their resources. over 6 millions dead in Eastern Congo since 1996. No wonder that the Rwandan Ministry of Sport manages to sponsor an international cycling race with relatively high standard, which neighbouring countries cannot for the time being. I cannot enjoy this race, it disgusts me. :Neutral:

I just did some research you're right, he and the swiss cheese-addict could compete for the top 1 spot.

15 Nov 2017 17:41

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
Echoes wrote:It's the conclusion by Filip Reyntjens. Kagame sparked the genocide with the attack on the former President's plane, and started a war on neighbouring Congo to plunder their resources. over 6 millions dead in Eastern Congo since 1996. No wonder that the Rwandan Ministry of Sport manages to sponsor an international cycling race with relatively high standard, which neighbouring countries cannot for the time being. I cannot enjoy this race, it disgusts me. :Neutral:

I just did some research you're right, he and the swiss cheese-addict could compete for the top 1 spot.

It is far from certain that the shooting of the plane was ordered by Kagame. But perhaps this is not the right place.
Breh

15 Nov 2017 21:06

That's one of the problems of pro cycling. It goes a bit too well with national or regional branding, ie whitewashing.

At least the enthusiasm from the fans feels more genuine than in the Chinese races. But that could easily be a cultural thing.
User avatar el chava

Previous

Return to Professional road racing