Log in:  

Register

2017 Predictions

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

05 Mar 2017 07:15

Giro: 1. Quintana 2. Aru 3. Nibali
Tour: 1. Froome 2. Porte 3. Contador
Vuelta: 1. Valverde 2. Zakarin 3. Contador

MSR: Kristoff, Gaviria, Cavendish.
Ronde: GVA, Benoot, Vanmarcke.
PR: Boonen, Degenkolb, Durbridge.
Liege: R.Costa, Henao, Dumoulin.
Lombardia: Wellens, Rosa, Nibali.
Worlds: Sagan, Kristoff, Cort.
greenedge
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,514
Joined: 27 Mar 2011 04:23

Re:

05 Mar 2017 07:47

sprints n stones wrote:Can I add the ones I didn't give you before if it's not too late?
Giro 1 Quintana
Giro 2 Nibali
Giro 3 Zakarin
TDF 2 Porte
TDF3 Majka
Vuelta 1 Valverde
Vuelta 2 Froome
Vuelta 3 Contador
M-SR Sagan
Roubaix Stuyven
Liege Kwiatkowski
Lombardia Rosa

Found it hard do you go with head, heart, percentages or left field to be CN winner.
Least we're all last at the moment! I


Kwiatko for LBL. good tip after yesterday :)
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

Re: 2017 Predictions

05 Mar 2017 08:06

Giro: Nibali, Quintana, Landa
Tour: Porte, Chaves, Contador
Vuelta: Froome, Bardet, Chaves

Missed Strade, wouldn't have picked the winner though.
P-N: Porte
MSR: Gaviria
Ronde: Sagan
Roubaix: GVA
Leige: Valverde
Lombardia: Sergio Henao
Worlds: Gaviria
wheresmybrakes
Junior Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 11 Sep 2016 17:29

Re: 2017 Predictions

05 Mar 2017 08:22

upgrade:
GIRO 1. Quintana 23
GIRO 2. Nibali 13
GIRO 3. Kruijswijk 7
TDF 1. Froome 27
TDF 2. Porte 10
TDF 3. Contador 8
Vuelta 1. Froome 19
Vuelta 2. Froome 10
Vueta 3. Valverde 10
Strade Sagan 10
Sanremo Gaviria 14
Flanders Sagan 22
Roubaix Boonen 10
Liège Alaphilippe 12
Lombardia Rosa 14
Worlds Sagan 16

GT podium prediction:
GIRO TDF VUELTA Podium
Froome 0 32 30 62
Quintana 31 18 0 49
Nibali 22 0 13 35
Valverde 0 1 23 24
Aru 9 0 8 17
Porte 0 15 0 15
Contador 0 15 7 22
Chavez 0 5 7 12
Landa 11 0 0 11
Kruijswijk 11 0 1 12
Dumoulin 5 0 2 7
Bardet 0 4 2 6
Pinot 3 0 0 3
Thomas 1 1 0 2
Poels 0 2 0 2
Yates 0 0 2 2
Zakarin 3 0 1 4
Lopez 0 1 0 1

I am quite surprised Thomas has only one vote for GIRO podium. Not too much for to Sky marginal improvements this winter. :o
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

Re: 2017 Predictions

05 Mar 2017 09:55

My one
It is more like wishlist then prediction :D

Giro: Nibali, Thomas, Aru
Tour: Froome, Contador, Quintana
Vuelta: Valverde, Contador, Froome

Strade:
San Remo: Sagan
Flanders: Sagan
Roubaix: Sagan
Liege: Kwiatko
Lombardia: Pantano
Worlds: Sagan
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

05 Mar 2017 10:03

Giro: 1.Quintana 2.Nibali 3.Kruijswijk
Tour: 1.Froome 2.Contador 2.Quintana
Vuelta: 1.Froome 2.Chaves 3.Valverde

Strade; Kwiatkowski (Really confident about this one)
Milan-Sanremo; Kristoff
Ronde; Van Avermaet
Paris-Roubaix; Stuyven
Liège; Kwiatkowski
Lombardia; Nibali
Worlds; Wellens (September has 20 rainy days on average in Bergen)
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,274
Joined: 23 Oct 2011 17:47

05 Mar 2017 10:44

Giro: Nibali
Tour: Contador
Vuelta: Valverde

MSR: Sagan
Ronde: Boonen
PR: Sagan
Liege: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Valverde
User avatar Rollthedice
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,325
Joined: 11 May 2013 10:59

Re:

05 Mar 2017 10:51

Rollthedice wrote:Giro: Nibali
Tour: Contador
Vuelta: Valverde

MSR: Sagan
Ronde: Boonen
PR: Sagan
Liege: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Valverde


I do my personal CN forum competition (one point for each correct tip), so everybody who gives only GT winners is in handicap 6 points ) :)
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

05 Mar 2017 12:04

Giro
Quintana, Landa, Nibali
Tour
Froome, Porte, Contador
Vuelta
Froome, Aru, Valverde

MSR: Sagan
Ronde: Boonen
PR: Sagan
Liege: Kwiatko
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Sagan
Singer01
Member
 
Posts: 668
Joined: 18 Nov 2013 19:04

Re: 2017 Predictions

05 Mar 2017 17:05

SKSemtex wrote:upgrade:
GIRO 1. Quintana 23
GIRO 2. Nibali 13
GIRO 3. Kruijswijk 7
TDF 1. Froome 27
TDF 2. Porte 10
TDF 3. Contador 8
Vuelta 1. Froome 19
Vuelta 2. Froome 10
Vueta 3. Valverde 10
Strade Sagan 10
Sanremo Gaviria 14
Flanders Sagan 22
Roubaix Boonen 10
Liège Alaphilippe 12
Lombardia Rosa 14
Worlds Sagan 16

GT podium prediction:
GIRO TDF VUELTA Podium
Froome 0 32 30 62
Quintana 31 18 0 49
Nibali 22 0 13 35
Valverde 0 1 23 24
Aru 9 0 8 17
Porte 0 15 0 15
Contador 0 15 7 22
Chavez 0 5 7 12
Landa 11 0 0 11
Kruijswijk 11 0 1 12
Dumoulin 5 0 2 7
Bardet 0 4 2 6
Pinot 3 0 0 3
Thomas 1 1 0 2
Poels 0 2 0 2
Yates 0 0 2 2
Zakarin 3 0 1 4
Lopez 0 1 0 1

I am quite surprised Thomas has only one vote for GIRO podium. Not too much for to Sky marginal improvements this winter. :o


Are you counting most predictions for 2nd place for a rider or the 2nd most predicted winner? I assume the former
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 10,160
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Procrastination nation

Re: 2017 Predictions

05 Mar 2017 17:16

Red Rick wrote:
SKSemtex wrote:upgrade:
GIRO 1. Quintana 23
GIRO 2. Nibali 13
GIRO 3. Kruijswijk 7
TDF 1. Froome 27
TDF 2. Porte 10
TDF 3. Contador 8
Vuelta 1. Froome 19
Vuelta 2. Froome 10
Vueta 3. Valverde 10
Strade Sagan 10
Sanremo Gaviria 14
Flanders Sagan 22
Roubaix Boonen 10
Liège Alaphilippe 12
Lombardia Rosa 14
Worlds Sagan 16

GT podium prediction:
GIRO TDF VUELTA Podium
Froome 0 32 30 62
Quintana 31 18 0 49
Nibali 22 0 13 35
Valverde 0 1 23 24
Aru 9 0 8 17
Porte 0 15 0 15
Contador 0 15 7 22
Chavez 0 5 7 12
Landa 11 0 0 11
Kruijswijk 11 0 1 12
Dumoulin 5 0 2 7
Bardet 0 4 2 6
Pinot 3 0 0 3
Thomas 1 1 0 2
Poels 0 2 0 2
Yates 0 0 2 2
Zakarin 3 0 1 4
Lopez 0 1 0 1

I am quite surprised Thomas has only one vote for GIRO podium. Not too much for to Sky marginal improvements this winter. :o


Are you counting most predictions for 2nd place for a rider or the 2nd most predicted winner? I assume the former


Only the former. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make formula for the second most frequently occurring word in range. :D :D
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

05 Mar 2017 17:19

froome to come first, second and third at the vuelta. mark my words
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,997
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

19 Mar 2017 00:09

Might be wrong but think it's a 0 for the forum again. Shows even with all our great knowledge how difficult some of these races are to predict. When we will someone get it right ... Gotta keep the faith and say Sagan in Flanders
sprints n stones
New Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Feb 2017 19:35

Re:

20 Mar 2017 06:52

sprints n stones wrote:Might be wrong but think it's a 0 for the forum again. Shows even with all our great knowledge how difficult some of these races are to predict. When we will someone get it right ... Gotta keep the faith and say Sagan in Flanders


You are right. Kiwi 2 : Forum 0 :D
We are lucky Kiwi is not riding RVV. (Just joking)

Actually, the forum can easily lose in RVV prediction too. There are only 6 names chosen. Sagan, GVA, Boonen, Degenkolb Terpstra, Kristoff. In monument, anything can happen. :D
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

Re: 2017 Predictions

04 Apr 2017 15:37

SKSemtex wrote:upgrade:
GIRO 1. Quintana 23
GIRO 2. Nibali 13
GIRO 3. Kruijswijk 7
TDF 1. Froome 27
TDF 2. Porte 10
TDF 3. Contador 8
Vuelta 1. Froome 19
Vuelta 2. Froome 10
Vueta 3. Valverde 10
Strade Sagan 10
Sanremo Gaviria 14
Flanders Sagan 22
Roubaix Boonen 10
Liège Alaphilippe 12
Lombardia Rosa 14
Worlds Sagan 16



Forum 0 : Peloton 4 :lol:

For PR we had these names:

Boonen 10
Sagan 7
Vanmarcke 7
Stuyeven
Degenkolb
Standard
Stybar
GVA
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

Re: 2017 Predictions

04 Apr 2017 16:09

Stannard to pull a Hayman on the Boonen fairy tale in the velodrome.

the Sky bus assaulted by fans with rocks and molotovs. Sky to pull out of Ardennes races for fear.

:D
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,747
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: 2017 Predictions

10 Apr 2017 16:46

I am glad to announce the leader of our Prediction 2017 game.

Tonton GVA
wheresmybrakes GVA

BTW. So far we have 2 right predictions out of 149 1,3 % :D
User avatar SKSemtex
Member
 
Posts: 1,512
Joined: 24 Mar 2013 10:01

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: meat puppet and 16 guests

Back to top