Register

2017 USA TV Schedule

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

26 Apr 2017 19:36

Got a beautiful live Dutch feed of the Tour de Romandie earlier today, unfortunately being they were riding uphill I knew they would never be able to finish the stage before I had to leave for work. (But that's a'ight, I can always read up on who had won.) But at least it was a nice feed, hopefully the Giro will be something close to it.

Think you had mentioned this earlier Carol, I take it RCS is much less stringent with questionable feeds than ASO ?
User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re:

27 Apr 2017 17:01

Tricycle Rider wrote:I gather this is normal when you're streaming questionable feeds?

This caught my eye, so I thought I'd ask this question that I've been wanting to for awhile: How can you tell if a link/stream you are using is "questionable", or even "illegal"? I sure don't want to do anything illegal.

I'm new to this streaming stuff, and I just picked a stream off of Steephill (http://www.steephill.tv/). It is on the page for the Tour de Romandie, and is at the bottom of the page, a link for Eurosport:

http://www.sdwnet.org/channels/British-Eurosport-2.html

In the "Comments / Restriction" box it notes: "English; Europe; Eurosport2 ". I thought it would be crappy, me being in the USA and it being a British Eurosport feed, but it worked better than I expected. So, is that "questionable" or "illegal" to watch?
Nacho

Re: Re:

27 Apr 2017 17:14

Nacho wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:I gather this is normal when you're streaming questionable feeds?

This caught my eye, so I thought I'd ask this question that I've been wanting to for awhile: How can you tell if a link/stream you are using is "questionable", or even "illegal"? I sure don't want to do anything illegal.

I'm new to this streaming stuff, and I just picked a stream off of Steephill (http://www.steephill.tv/). It is on the page for the Tour de Romandie, and is at the bottom of the page, a link for Eurosport:

In the "Comments / Restriction" box it notes: "English; Europe; Eurosport2 ". I thought it would be crappy, me being in the USA and it being a British Eurosport feed, but it worked better than I expected. So, is that "questionable" or "illegal" to watch?

Yes. Generally, if you find it free on the net, it is illegal. Except maybe if it's from l'Équipe - I heard that they intentionally stream for free on the net, so that is probably legal - I'm not sure, though.
User avatar tobydawq

27 Apr 2017 17:38

tobydawq wrote:
Nacho wrote:

Yes. Generally, if you find it free on the net, it is illegal. Except maybe if it's from l'Équipe - I heard that they intentionally stream for free on the net, so that is probably legal - I'm not sure, though.

Aah. Makes sense though, as they can't be giving away free stuff just for our benefit.
Nacho

Re: 2017 USA TV Schedule

27 Apr 2017 20:11

Two Wheels Good wrote:I want to share this with my fellow Giro lovers. This is what I received from fuboTV regarding the Giro -

I am happy to let you know that live coverage of Giro D'Italia through our channel fubo Cycling included in our new Cycling Plus Add-on of $8.99/mo! Once this added is properly added onto your fuboTV account, you can start watching this new exciting fuboTV Cycling channel. You can learn more about making changes to your subscription here. Broadcast of the content on fubo Cycling is available with commentary and you can certainly set this content to DVR and watch it later at your convenience.

Unfortunately, we do not support Smart TVs at this time. If you'd like to watch fuboTV on your TV, we recommend using Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, or the new Apple TV. We have apps on each of these devices and the experience should be seamless there.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help! -

Their regular package is $35.00 per month plus the Cycling add-on brings it to about $45.00. Apparently you can cancel anytime. I’ve no info on what other races they’ll cover. I get everything fubo offers with my Frontier package but I’ll probably go for it since it’s the 100th anniversary and it’s my favorite race. Apparently fubo also aired Tirreno Adriatico.

I’m really disappointed in beIN’s decision to nix coverage this year . How I miss Universal Sports.

Thanks so much for this info! I have written to them!!! Now that I've found the phone # I can call also.

All I want is the Cycling Channel, I already have 250 channels and have no intention of giving up DISH and my dvr that I can make dvds from!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

27 Apr 2017 20:22

tobydawq wrote:
Nacho wrote:

When the UCI streams that is legal. I've never seen a l'Equipe stream. Everything else is streaming copyrighted, pay to view material, so you can figure out the legality.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

27 Apr 2017 20:25

Tricycle Rider wrote:Got a beautiful live Dutch feed of the Tour de Romandie earlier today, unfortunately being they were riding uphill I knew they would never be able to finish the stage before I had to leave for work. (But that's a'ight, I can always read up on who had won.) But at least it was a nice feed, hopefully the Giro will be something close to it.

Think you had mentioned this earlier Carol, I take it RCS is much less stringent with questionable feeds than ASO ?

This is the first year I've had to stream RCS races due to beIN dropping them. But I haven't encountered any removals due to copyright so far. RAI the official channel used to stream free and legal but now only in Italy :(.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

27 Apr 2017 20:47

Carols wrote:
tobydawq wrote:
Nacho wrote:

When the UCI streams that is legal. I've never seen a l'Equipe stream. Everything else is streaming copyrighted, pay to view material, so you can figure out the legality.

Yes, of course, I forgot about them doing that. It's almost always geo-blocked here in Denmark (because practically every big race is shown on the television).
User avatar tobydawq

28 Apr 2017 20:26

Nacho wrote: I sure don't want to do anything illegal.
I'd prefer to stay on the legal side as well, but man, I'm desperate for the Giro.

Romandie I can do without, but I CANNOT do without the Giro!
User avatar Tricycle Rider

29 Apr 2017 14:11

Carols wrote:
Two Wheels Good wrote:I want to share this with my fellow Giro lovers. This is what I received from fuboTV regarding the Giro -

I am happy to let you know that live coverage of Giro D'Italia through our channel fubo Cycling included in our new Cycling Plus Add-on of $8.99/mo! Once this added is properly added onto your fuboTV account, you can start watching this new exciting fuboTV Cycling channel. You can learn more about making changes to your subscription here. Broadcast of the content on fubo Cycling is available with commentary and you can certainly set this content to DVR and watch it later at your convenience.

Unfortunately, we do not support Smart TVs at this time. If you'd like to watch fuboTV on your TV, we recommend using Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, or the new Apple TV. We have apps on each of these devices and the experience should be seamless there.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help! -

Their regular package is $35.00 per month plus the Cycling add-on brings it to about $45.00. Apparently you can cancel anytime. I’ve no info on what other races they’ll cover. I get everything fubo offers with my Frontier package but I’ll probably go for it since it’s the 100th anniversary and it’s my favorite race. Apparently fubo also aired Tirreno Adriatico.

I’m really disappointed in beIN’s decision to nix coverage this year . How I miss Universal Sports.

Thanks so much for this info! I have written to them!!! Now that I've found the phone # I can call also.

All I want is the Cycling Channel, I already have 250 channels and have no intention of giving up DISH and my dvr that I can make dvds from!

Okay so here is the deal. You must buy their Premium Package at $34.99+Fubo Cycling at $8.99 per month. There is currently no option just to get the cycling channel. So figure $45 just to get the Giro live, streaming only. Their Cloud DVR isn't functional for the cycling channel yet.

I will probably avoid all social media and just wait for the stages to be downloaded and watch them later via Tizcycling. It doesn't drop and fail when it's archived instead of live. As long as I don't know what happened it'll be like watching it live :).
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

03 May 2017 17:32

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/giro-d-italia/fubo-giro-d-itallia-usa-broadcast-details.html

scroll down to the May 3 update. only comes out to about $14. not bad.
User avatar zlev11

03 May 2017 17:44

zlev11 wrote:http://www.steephill.tv/2017/giro-d-italia/fubo-giro-d-itallia-usa-broadcast-details.html

Thanks, I will spring for $14 and pray it works :).
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

03 May 2017 18:35

Well I'm on Fubo TV, it was easy to do the stacksocial purchase and get a login. I have 50/50 internet and I'm getting network errors and choppy pictures :( I have to leave now but will play with it later....
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

03 May 2017 21:01

zlev11 wrote:http://www.steephill.tv/2017/giro-d-italia/fubo-giro-d-itallia-usa-broadcast-details.html

Thanks so much!!!

I've played with this for an hour now. Pros: Crystal clear picture, no dropouts. Cons: The cycling channel doesn't have DVR service, you can only watch live. They had a highlights show of the Tour of Romandie on and I watched it all and was very happy with the quality.

Now I'm cloud recording a movie while I have another show playing. I haven't figured out how to schedule an advance dvr event but since one can't use it on the cycling channel it doesn't really matter.

For $14 to have a legal, high quality stream for the Giro, makes me one happy person!!! :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

03 May 2017 23:13

nice, im glad you got it working. that's a shame about no DVR service as i'll have to miss the weekday stages while im at work (except for the final week, i took off for that :) ). i think im still going to buy it as backup in case my eurosport player/vpn setup stops working for whatever reason.
User avatar zlev11

Re:

04 May 2017 12:10

zlev11 wrote:nice, im glad you got it working. that's a shame about no DVR service as i'll have to miss the weekday stages while im at work (except for the final week, i took off for that :) ). i think im still going to buy it as backup in case my eurosport player/vpn setup stops working for whatever reason.

I love that you take off from work for bike races :). I used to do that for decisive stages even with a dvr to record them LOL! Now I'm retired so I only have to ensure I make no commitments so I'm available for live streams.

Thanks again for the great info to get this deal :).
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

04 May 2017 13:53

Carols wrote:Well I'm on Fubo TV, it was easy to do the stacksocial purchase and get a login. I have 50/50 internet and I'm getting network errors and choppy pictures :( I have to leave now but will play with it later....

At which point did you add the cycling package? Do I need to pay for the initial offer, get the login, and then add the cycling package?
AlexNYC

04 May 2017 14:05

sign up for the $5 offer on stacksocial and then it'll link you on the receipt to fubo.tv. it's basically a coupon code to get a month free. then there's a step while signing up for fubo to add packages, just pick the $8.99 cycling package.
User avatar zlev11

Re:

04 May 2017 14:08

zlev11 wrote:sign up for the $5 offer on stacksocial and then it'll link you on the receipt to fubo.tv. it's basically a coupon code to get a month free. then there's a step while signing up for fubo to add packages, just pick the $8.99 cycling package.

Thanks!
AlexNYC

05 May 2017 05:51

FYI, Fubo.tv added the DVR functionality to the cycling channel
AlexNYC

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing