Register

2017 USA TV Schedule

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

22 May 2017 18:29

I don't have a problem with any of the commentaries. As long as I don't get interrupted, blurry services. If I get good quality un-interrupted service then I am happy. The commentating is the least of my problems.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

Re:

22 May 2017 18:33

zlev11 wrote:yeah i kinda gave up on Fubo after the first week. i planned on using it with my roku player but for whatever the reason the picture on their fubo app constantly skips frames and has strange motion blurring. also, whenever I watched something on the DVR (which was not available on the roku app!!) it would randomly reset itself to the beginning of the video every 15-20 minutes. i went back to watch Fridays stage on the DVR because I didn't feel like downloading a 5GB torrent of that stage and it was completely unwatchable due to some unresolved technical issues they seemed to be having with the feed. i can't imagine having paid $40 for this service, it is barely worth the $14 that I spent.

I've found that it displays best when you take wireless out of the equation. I use a router to laptop cable and a HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV. The picture is Much more stable. When they give me a stream it is actually crystal clear 95% of the time doing it hardwired.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

22 May 2017 19:25

muvonga wrote:Just a couple of comments.

While Fubo has not been great, especially on Roku(FuboCycling Channel will go backwards one screen occasionally). I think it is miles ahead of having to deal with illegal streams because of a few reasons.
-Picture quality has been great on Roku and PC.
-Commentary is in English
*Reliable stream : While I get kicked off on Roku, I know that my stream won't be blocked because of copyright forcing me to look for a new stream.
*I get the impression streaming on a computer has not been as problematic, but can't say for sure.

It's miles behind NBCSportsGold in terms of features so I hope they can improve. The main issue, I have is that their standard pricing is ridiculous for what I want, which is cycling only. I'm not paying ~$40 month for this and after the Giro is over, I won't simply forget to cancel.

Commentary personalities.
I vastly prefer Kirby and Dan Lloyd to Liggett and Sherwin and here's why. I'm guessing that no-one has any issues with Dan Lloyd, so I won't comment about him directly.

-Kirby shows excitement
-He'll tell you who is attacking
-He'll tell you who is in the break
-He'll tell you who has been dropped.
-He'll acknowledge tweets sent to him
-He'll go off script and rant at some random local establishment.This is important since you might listen to him for more than 2 hours.
-He is always partnered with a competent former cyclist who will temper his wrong predictions

I tuned into the tour of california and PandP could not be bothered to mention who was attacking or in the break

Yeah as much as I've whined about Fubo it sure beats finding a stream with a decent picture, they work for a while, then fail just when an attack is going and I'm scrambling around to find another crappy stream in any language just so I can see what happens. I'll pay $40 next year if I have to rather than go through that every day. I'm to old for that crap!

I've gotten used to HD pictures on tv with dvr playback as I please and the ability to create a self edited dvd of the race. This will be the first Giro I won't have a copy of since 1986 :(.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re: 2017 USA TV Schedule

23 May 2017 15:42

No Fubo complaints today. 5hours and 20minutes of crystal clear coverage, not a single drop out!
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

25 May 2017 12:59

I've been staying on the dark side of things, L'Equipe has a beautiful feed. Or has had so far. The commentary is probably in French, don't know seeing as I don't want any kind of noise first thing in the morning. So I have the volume on mute and just let my imagination wonder as to which rider is which.

Tiz has been crap, and another Dutch site which had links to a whole bunch of international sites was busted and got taken off air entirely.

Glad I won't have to do this during the Tour.
User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re:

25 May 2017 13:06

Tricycle Rider wrote:I've been staying on the dark side of things, L'Equipe has a beautiful feed. Or has had so far. The commentary is probably in French, don't know seeing as I don't want any kind of noise first thing in the morning. So I have the volume on mute and just let my imagination wonder as to which rider is which.

Tiz has been crap, and another Dutch site which had links to a whole bunch of international sites was busted and got taken off air entirely.

My sympathies! Your dilemma is why I bought Fubo, otherwise I'd be screaming and ripping my hair out every day! They give a 7 day free trial, you can watch the end without stream searching if you like :). Plus you can dvr 3 shows so it'll be there when you come home from work :).
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re: Re:

25 May 2017 13:39

Carols wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:I've been staying on the dark side of things, L'Equipe has a beautiful feed. Or has had so far. The commentary is probably in French, don't know seeing as I don't want any kind of noise first thing in the morning. So I have the volume on mute and just let my imagination wonder as to which rider is which.

My sympathies! Your dilemma is why I bought Fubo, otherwise I'd be screaming and ripping my hair out every day! They give a 7 day free trial, you can watch the end without stream searching if you like :). Plus you can dvr 3 shows so it'll be there when you come home from work :).

....saw this this morning....

ProcyclingLive shut down

Good day folks,

The last few days organizations like Twitter, Facebook, Remove Your Media and EuroDNS started a witch hunt against us for providing you with all the best live video links from procycling events around the world. Something we have been doing for the past 8 years without any issues. We also encountered DDoS attacks on our site for this, bringing it down because of the many bogus requests.

ProcyclingLive is non-profit run by fans for fans, so we do not have the time or money to fight against any allegations. Without any prior notice both Twitter and Facebook decided to delete tweets and posts. You would normally expect that you can respond first before they take action but it shows you have no rights using their services, which we find worrying. We tried to communicate with them, but they lack any feedback and seem to ignore you as user.

Nevertheless, we have enjoyed all we did for you out there and appreciate the many and great feedback we received from all around the globe.

We wish you all the best and keep enjoying the wonderful world of procycling!

Greetings,

Team ProcyclingLive

Luxembourg, the 24th of May 2017

https://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/#

....attacked by twitter and Facebook ?.....what dog have they got in this ?....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

25 May 2017 14:12

blutto wrote:

....saw this this morning....

ProcyclingLive shut down

Good day folks,

The last few days organizations like Twitter, Facebook, Remove Your Media and EuroDNS started a witch hunt against us for providing you with all the best live video links from procycling events around the world. Something we have been doing for the past 8 years without any issues. We also encountered DDoS attacks on our site for this, bringing it down because of the many bogus requests.

ProcyclingLive is non-profit run by fans for fans, so we do not have the time or money to fight against any allegations. Without any prior notice both Twitter and Facebook decided to delete tweets and posts. You would normally expect that you can respond first before they take action but it shows you have no rights using their services, which we find worrying. We tried to communicate with them, but they lack any feedback and seem to ignore you as user.

Nevertheless, we have enjoyed all we did for you out there and appreciate the many and great feedback we received from all around the globe.

We wish you all the best and keep enjoying the wonderful world of procycling!

Greetings,

Team ProcyclingLive

Luxembourg, the 24th of May 2017

https://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/#

....attacked by twitter and Facebook ?.....what dog have they got in this ?....

Cheers
Don't know about the FB and Twitter stuff, but that's the site I was talking about earlier. Thought they were Dutch, but I guess they're actually from Luxembourg.

25 May 2017 17:57

Well broadcasters get pissy when they pay money for the right to broadcast events and people steal it. Not to mention the organizers who are losing revenue when the signal is stolen. ALL those sites eventually are closed down. Most likely either RCS or the legitimate broadcasters, or both, complained to FB and Twitter.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

25 May 2017 19:22

I'm not the most sophisticated with this stuff but I've noticed that cyclingfans and steephill have dropped eurosport coverage in english trying to force people to try fubo? ive been meaning to try it but as the giro is over this weekend, ill save it for another time.

ive been using the l'equipe feed on cyclingfans which has been great quality and as i want to learn french, it helps to listen i suppose.

my only question is, with a amazon firestick, can i get any feeds or stuff through that? i believe mine is jailbroken and i can get some bootleg stuff. any help here?
mogwai7
Newly Registered Member

28 May 2017 17:11

Okay, that was not a fun way to follow a GT, but at least I caught bits and pieces of the Giro live. (May have picked up a few Dutch words in the process, and Italian really is a beautiful language.)

Next up is the Criterium du Dauphine, am so glad NBC will be covering it! It'll be nice to be on the legal side of things again, and the streaming quality should be much better. (Don't know who will be commentating, but more than likely I'll have it on mute most of the time again seeing as live coverage will start at some ungodly early morning hour.)

30 May 2017 20:01

I just noticed that the Critérium du Dauphiné is not going to be televised on NBCSN in the USA until 2:00 cst in the MORNING/AM!

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule

Those dawgs at NBC. I swear in seasons past they have shown it, on NBCSN/VERSUS/OLN, in the afternoon. NBC must be sooo intent on you having to pay for it in your cable TV coverage, and then again by purchasing streaming services so that you can see it during the day. No way I'm going to stay up to watch it, or pay for more coverage.

Worse yet, they don't list any email address for any kind of NBC sports so that you can write and send them a note about your displeasure. The only way I know is to leave a message on their facebook page. I'm not on facebook, and they probably ignore those messages anyway.
Nacho

Re:

03 Jun 2017 14:31

Nacho wrote:I just noticed that the Critérium du Dauphiné is not going to be televised on NBCSN in the USA until 2:00 cst in the MORNING/AM!

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule

Those dawgs at NBC. I swear in seasons past they have shown it, on NBCSN/VERSUS/OLN, in the afternoon. NBC must be sooo intent on you having to pay for it in your cable TV coverage, and then again by purchasing streaming services so that you can see it during the day. No way I'm going to stay up to watch it, or pay for more coverage.

Worse yet, they don't list any email address for any kind of NBC sports so that you can write and send them a note about your displeasure. The only way I know is to leave a message on their facebook page. I'm not on facebook, and they probably ignore those messages anyway.
I just noticed that NBCSports and NBCSports Extra will be only replaying highlights of the stages late at night, guess you have to pay extra for NBCSports Gold if you want to see the races live or on demand.

It's now $40 for the whole year (apparently through June of 2018), just a few weeks ago they wanted $20 for just this year's Dauphine and Tour de Suisse. I'm almost tempted to do it. On principle, though, it bothers me to have to pay extra.

03 Jun 2017 14:42

just checked the TV listings, the Tour de Suisse will be on Universal HD at 3pm daily from June 10th-18th. one hour time slot. i really wish they would do the same with the Dauphine, but i'll take it.
User avatar zlev11

03 Jun 2017 15:12

I'm so confused about this NBCSports Gold thing... on my Roku it currently shows that the Dauphine is coming up on NBCSports Gold. But on NBC's website it says NBCSports Gold will not work with Roku. What the frick does this mean?

I have a HDMI cable to hook laptop up to the TV, is this what I will have to do to watch NBCSports Gold? Why can't NBC get Roku to play with their Gold streams?

Re:

03 Jun 2017 15:33

Tricycle Rider wrote:I'm so confused about this NBCSports Gold thing... on my Roku it currently shows that the Dauphine is coming up on NBCSports Gold. But on NBC's website it says NBCSports Gold will not work with Roku. What the frick does this mean?

I have a HDMI cable to hook laptop up to the TV, is this what I will have to do to watch NBCSports Gold? Why can't NBC get Roku to play with their Gold streams?

In the past, I have been able to watch NBCSports Gold on a Roku through the NBCSports Gold channel. I don't know whether it still works, but I will try for the Dauphine.
shalgo

03 Jun 2017 15:54

shalgo wrote:In the past, I have been able to watch NBCSports Gold on a Roku through the NBCSports Gold channel. I don't know whether it still works, but I will try for the Dauphine.
I think I broke NBC's website. I'm trying to pay for the cycling subscription, but instead of going to the next payment info screen it just freezes on the initial screen. I do have my ad blocker turned off.

Crikes, NBC doesn't even want my money? What's wrong with them?
Last edited by Tricycle Rider on 03 Jun 2017 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Re:

03 Jun 2017 15:55

Tricycle Rider wrote:I'm so confused about this NBCSports Gold thing... on my Roku it currently shows that the Dauphine is coming up on NBCSports Gold. But on NBC's website it says NBCSports Gold will not work with Roku. What the frick does this mean?

I hope you don't mind a sidetrack here -- I have a HDMI connection on my PC. Does that mean I can hook from my Roku to my PC to watch TV programs on it rather than my TV, or does it mean I have to daisy-chain my PC to my TV and then the TV program will play on both the TV and PC, or neither or both? Also, if I can connect from the Roku to my PC and watch it, what kind of "program" do you have to run on the PC to watch it, and could you also then record the program to a disk-file and have permanent storage of it?
Nacho

Re:

03 Jun 2017 16:06

zlev11 wrote:just checked the TV listings, the Tour de Suisse will be on Universal HD at 3pm daily from June 10th-18th. one hour time slot. i really wish they would do the same with the Dauphine, but i'll take it.

1 hour time slot! Isn't that grand they let us have that much. :rolleyes:

I was going through all of the "sports" channels that show up on my Roku. They even have sports channels dedicated to roller skateboarding ... but none just for cycling. They don't even mention cycling on any of the channels! I guess though that just about all of the cycling races are in Europe not the USA, and the USA channels have a hard time trying to get broadcast rights w/o paying megabucks for those broadcast rights.
Nacho

03 Jun 2017 16:06

Nacho wrote:I hope you don't mind a sidetrack here -- I have a HDMI connection on my PC. Does that mean I can hook from my Roku to my PC to watch TV programs on it rather than my TV, or does it mean I have to daisy-chain my PC to my TV and then the TV program will play on both the TV and PC, or neither or both? Also, if I can connect from the Roku to my PC and watch it, what kind of "program" do you have to run on the PC to watch it, and could you also then record the program to a disk-file and have permanent storage of it?
No worries, I don't mind at all.

I've never tried to hook up my Roku stick into my laptop, not sure what would happen. But since I've already broken NBC's website I might as well see if I can break all of my devices. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing