Register

108th Milano - Sanremo, 18th March 2017, 291 km, WT

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: 108th Milano - Sanremo, 18th March 2017, 291 km, WT

20 Mar 2017 06:33

I have just found a new person to blame for Sagan lost. :D . It must be GVA for sure.
For me, it was like 60:40 that there will be an attack on Poggio with 4 main players GVA Kiwi Alap and Sagan.
Unfortunately, GVA did not join the party.
The sprint would be completely different with a different winner.
Kiwi is in the excellent rider in excellent form but his after race bull **** how he can beat him anytime he wants and how he plays with Sagan is just ridiculous.
He was just extremely lucky here. No way he could close the gap to Sagan by himself. He was just lucky that Julian is in amazing form too and he killed himself in Poggio for Kiwi.
I know Peter is not riding AGR but he should teach KIWI lesson for those speeches. Either to win it or to hand it to somebody else just to show that he is not so smart at all. I am pretty confident he can do it.
User avatar SKSemtex

20 Mar 2017 06:52

SKSemtex wrote:I have just found a new person to blame for Sagan lost. :D . It must be GVA for sure.
For me, it was like 60:40 that there will be an attack on Poggio with 4 main players GVA Kiwi Alap and Sagan.
Kiwi is in the excellent rider in excellent form but his after race bull **** how he can beat him anytime he wants and how he plays with Sagan is just ridiculous.
He was just extremely lucky here. No way he could close the gap to Sagan by himself. He was just lucky that Julian is in amazing form too and he killed himself in Poggio for Kiwi.
I know Peter is not riding AGR but he should teach KIWI lesson for those speeches. Either to win it or to hand it to somebody else just to show that he is not so smart at all. I am pretty confident he can do it.

tell a lie enough times and it might come true..
rick james

20 Mar 2017 06:57

rick james wrote:
SKSemtex wrote:I have just found a new person to blame for Sagan lost. :D . It must be GVA for sure.

tell a lie enough times and it might come true..

It is anopinion. My opinion. It is not a lie. You should know the difference. This is the forum after all.
User avatar SKSemtex

20 Mar 2017 07:08

I really do not know why teams like Movistar, Cannondale ... were here. Cudos to Dumoulin at least for trying. He gave his sponsor at least some TV time.
Being Cannondale owner I am very unhappy with my investment. Of course, they had no chance to win, but they could still do something on Cipressa. Bottom of Poggio. Something to make cycling more spectacular.
For Borra owner is Sagan second by attack better than Sagan first in the sprint I think. (just my opinion again)
And that's why Sagan has 6 million and if he keeps riding like this his next contract will be 10 mil.
User avatar SKSemtex

20 Mar 2017 09:03

The strava data of Demare show that last year he climbed the Cipressa slower (10'02) than the bunch on Saturday (9'50). Funny :cool:
manolo57

Re:

20 Mar 2017 09:17

Red Rick wrote:Afaik "he owes me a few beers" is a very common phrase

Maybe it's very common to think people owes you a few beers.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

20 Mar 2017 09:54

manolo57 wrote:The strava data of Demare show that last year he climbed the Cipressa slower (10'02) than the bunch on Saturday (9'50). Funny :cool:

I was also surprised to see that MK was faster last year in the Poggio descent. He was indeed attacking, but I though they made it faster this year. Maybe they sat up a bit toward the end.
saganist

20 Mar 2017 10:01

To be fair, hasn't Kwiatkowski beaten Sagan every time they've come to the final km in races together, or in a very small group? He's just stronger at the finish of hard races and knows it. Sagan, for all his strengths, has a relatively bad sprint after doing a lot of work in the last 10km. Kwiatkowksi's, on the other hand, seems to lose nothing from his sprint however hard the race is.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

20 Mar 2017 15:01

SKSemtex wrote:I really do not know why teams like Movistar, Cannondale ... were here. Cudos to Dumoulin at least for trying. He gave his sponsor at least some TV time.
Being Cannondale owner I am very unhappy with my investment. Of course, they had no chance to win, but they could still do something on Cipressa. Bottom of Poggio. Something to make cycling more spectacular.
For Borra owner is Sagan second by attack better than Sagan first in the sprint I think. (just my opinion again)
And that's why Sagan has 6 million and if he keeps riding like this his next contract will be 10 mil.
“We wanted to win,” Bora General Manager Ralph Denk said. “Peter didn’t want to just win, though, he wanted to paint a masterpiece doing so. I think we saw that with the world champion attacking on the Poggio and fighting to Sanremo.”

But after hat he said : http://www.velonews.com/2017/03/news/no-regrets-for-bora-after-sagans-silver-in-sanremo_433122
“Race is race. Was like was.”
User avatar sQiD

20 Mar 2017 16:14

sQiD wrote:
Tonton wrote:I disagree with that. Sagan wants to win everything at least once, that how champions are. He wants and he can win every monument. He wants MSR. Otherwise, why get on the saddle, ride 291 km...seriously. He's disappointed, he's not showing it, but deep inside it hurts. He has been close, and he knows that he can win this thing. And I hope that one day, he will.

Of course he wants to win it, but in terms of his priorities this season it just comes second after Roubaix.

I can't say he can win Lombaria, it could be very difficult for him. During Tirreno, he said that if the spring classics becomes boring, he might aim at LBL and the Ardenes, but said it's unlikely to happen.

Finally, i agree with you that inside him it hurts, he's a human being after all.
Interesting moment that we didn't see after the race : "Sagan snorts, throwing the water bottle to the lands after reviewing the sprint in front of the monitor."
http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/sport/sagan-accende-sanremo-si-spegne-volata-e-kwiatkowski-beffa-1376712.html
“Race is race. Was like was.”
User avatar sQiD

21 Mar 2017 13:39

I was away for the weekend, so just catching up on the comments.

It is amazing how you guys fight about nearly every race involving Sagan, Contador or Quintana.

The last 10km were great. Sagan was beaten because he had an adversary who was close to him in strength, but able to outdo him with a combination of tactics, brains and a fair bit of strength.

I hate the use of the term "wheelsucker". Alaphillipe and Kwiatek were allowing Sagan to do the work because it was the best chance for them (or their team) to win.
barmaher

21 Mar 2017 15:48

sQiD wrote:
sQiD wrote:
Tonton wrote:I disagree with that. Sagan wants to win everything at least once, that how champions are. He wants and he can win every monument. He wants MSR. Otherwise, why get on the saddle, ride 291 km...seriously. He's disappointed, he's not showing it, but deep inside it hurts. He has been close, and he knows that he can win this thing. And I hope that one day, he will.

Of course he wants to win it, but in terms of his priorities this season it just comes second after Roubaix.

I can't say he can win Lombaria, it could be very difficult for him. During Tirreno, he said that if the spring classics becomes boring, he might aim at LBL and the Ardenes, but said it's unlikely to happen.

Finally, i agree with you that inside him it hurts, he's a human being after all.
Interesting moment that we didn't see after the race : "Sagan snorts, throwing the water bottle to the lands after reviewing the sprint in front of the monitor."
http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/sport/sagan-accende-sanremo-si-spegne-volata-e-kwiatkowski-beffa-1376712.html

He knew very well he **** up once again.Time to use more brain in next block of classic races and not just raw power.Kwiatek gave him another good lesson.
User avatar KGB

Previous

Return to Professional road racing