Register

72nd Dwars Door Vlaanderen, 22nd March 2017, 204 km, WT

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

20 Mar 2017 20:54

I say the more top-level racing, the better, especially in this kind of terrain. After all there aren't that many cobbled classics. Im probably greedy that way, but Im far more entertained when the best riders duke it out than 3rd tier riders. There are many other races for that purpose.
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

20 Mar 2017 21:57

Sagan is not riding. Only E3 and GW. Also not riding de Panne.
User avatar Billie

20 Mar 2017 22:07

Yes he will ride it.Good training for him.
User avatar KGB

Re:

21 Mar 2017 02:05

Valv.Piti wrote:I say the more top-level racing, the better, especially in this kind of terrain. After all there aren't that many cobbled classics. Im probably greedy that way, but Im far more entertained when the best riders duke it out than 3rd tier riders. There are many other races for that purpose.

I'm more entertained by good racing and it doesn't matter if it's the big names or no name Conti riders, in fact I often find the 2nd/3rd tier races and riders to be more entertaining as WT racing can be quite boring as the races are more controlled by the big teams making the races and results predictable. In saying that we have seen some good racing at WT level this season, one of the better starts to a season I've seen.
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

Re:

21 Mar 2017 06:58

KGB wrote:Yes he will ride it.Good training for him.

He was still in Italy yesterday.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/dwars-door-vlaanderen-2017/start-list/

I don't know why he was still on the list yesterday. He is definitely out.
Max Rockatansky

Re: Re:

21 Mar 2017 07:26

Max Rockatansky wrote:

ackermann is in catalunya, so that list is wrong. maybe they start with 7 riders but i doubt that
saganboss

Re:

21 Mar 2017 07:28

Valv.Piti wrote:I say the more top-level racing, the better, especially in this kind of terrain. After all there aren't that many cobbled classics. Im probably greedy that way, but Im far more entertained when the best riders duke it out than 3rd tier riders. There are many other races for that purpose.

Yeah, but not on a similar parcours. Omloop-Kuurne and E3-GW are great combos because they have different race dynamics. DDV and E3 don't. You don't want an Alpe d'Huez MTF twice in the same Tour either.
User avatar Flamin

21 Mar 2017 07:35

Now... how to watch it?
With Handzame classic I was lucky that it was being shown live on Eurosport Player even though it - at least in Denmark - wasn't being shown live on the main channels. Of course that was with Flemish commentating, but hey; coverage with commentating you don't understand is better than no coverage. :D

Which race - of this and the Catalunya stage - is likely to finish first? Need to figure out which race to watch on which screen.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

21 Mar 2017 09:13

Wielerflits.nl is saying Sagan is skipping this race
User avatar Leffe_Bruin

21 Mar 2017 09:20

So in the end Dwars door Vlaanderen will be what it was in the previous years. The race in which domestiques will have a chance to win. I hope Felline will shine tomorrow.
User avatar GP Blanco

21 Mar 2017 09:20

No Degenkolb nor Stuyven for Trek. I suppose Theuns will ride as a captain here, but interesting to see what Felline can do.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

Re:

21 Mar 2017 09:28

RedheadDane wrote:Now... how to watch it?
With Handzame classic I was lucky that it was being shown live on Eurosport Player even though it - at least in Denmark - wasn't being shown live on the main channels. Of course that was with Flemish commentating, but hey; coverage with commentating you don't understand is better than no coverage. :D

Which race - of this and the Catalunya stage - is likely to finish first? Need to figure out which race to watch on which screen.

Its on ES2, will start 14.30 and finish a bit before Catalunya. So in that aspect its pretty perfect.
The same case for E-3 altho it will start 15.00 instead and unfortunately finish later, scheduled at the same time Catalunya ends. So the best classic of the week clashing with the best stage from Catalunya. So thats far from optimal.

Catalunya starts 12.20 on Sunday and once it ends, G-W is on from 14.20-14.30 to 17.15. So 5 hours of live cycling Sunday.
Last edited by Valv.Piti on 21 Mar 2017 09:34, edited 2 times in total.
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

21 Mar 2017 09:31

Flamin wrote:

Yeah, but not on a similar parcours. Omloop-Kuurne and E3-GW are great combos because they have different race dynamics. DDV and E3 don't. You don't want an Alpe d'Huez MTF twice in the same Tour either.

I don't have a problem with it.

It seems tho that Sagan and GVA won't race here and a bunch of other guys, so there will still be many opportunities for lesser riders. But isn't DDV also more like a mix? On paper it shouldn't really be a race for hard sprinters like K-B-K.
User avatar Valv.Piti

21 Mar 2017 09:37

Weird that Sky and DDD, to a lesser degree, are absent.
Breh

21 Mar 2017 09:48

Valv.Piti wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Now... how to watch it?

Its on ES2, will start 14.30 and finish a bit before Catalunya. So in that aspect its pretty perfect.
The same case for E-3 altho it will start 15.00 instead and unfortunately finish later, scheduled at the same time Catalunya ends. So the best classic of the week clashing with the best stage from Catalunya. So thats far from optimal.

Catalunya starts 12.20 on Sunday and once it ends, G-W is on from 14.20-14.30 to 17.15. So 5 hours of live cycling Sunday.

I suppose what's listed as "optakt til Flandern rundt" is actually DDV.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

21 Mar 2017 14:17

Max Rockatansky wrote:

His wife told him stay with her and cook for her.Bloody toy boy.
User avatar KGB

22 Mar 2017 10:29

Looks like it is a cool, bright day in Waregem. Bit of a breeze; enough to effect the race, but not enough for echelons most likely.
barmaher

Re:

22 Mar 2017 11:49

barmaher wrote:Looks like it is a cool, bright day in Waregem. Bit of a breeze; enough to effect the race, but not enough for echelons most likely.

Best weather we've had in days here in belgium and the netherlands. Actually last weekend weather was horrible with storm and lots of rain.
User avatar Kwibus
Veteran

Re: 72nd Dwars Door Vlaanderen, 22nd March 2017, 204 km, WT

22 Mar 2017 11:50

Apart from age what has happened to Stijn Devolder and Matti Breschal?

Keen for Petit or Senechal to get a top 10 here
Scarponi

Re: 72nd Dwars Door Vlaanderen, 22nd March 2017, 204 km, WT

22 Mar 2017 11:56

Scarponi wrote:Apart from age what has happened to Stijn Devolder and Matti Breschal?

Keen for Petit or Senechal to get a top 10 here

Petit is not riding
User avatar LosBrolin

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing