Register

Equipe FDJ - Official Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

27 Mar 2017 01:25

Alexandre B. wrote:Absolutely horrid G-W.

Why so many flat tires?

That's what happens when you buy Sky's used wheels...marginal gains...big losses :D .

The meat of the calendar is starting now, and I'm curious to see what happens. FDJ is no Quick-Step (thank goodness). So FDJ can win :) . With both Cimolai and Guarnieri, and when Reza gets back in shape, watch out!

Still, there are some formidable teams and riders: GVA and Sagan. Kristoff, Gaviria, even Boonen and Gilbert. Many more. It's not easy to win at this level...
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

31 Mar 2017 16:22

Nice showing today by young Gaudu, 4th on la Route Adélie de Vitré and part of the very select winning move.

Logically outsprinted by Laurent Pichon, Cyril Gautier and Julien Simon.
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re: Re:

31 Mar 2017 18:29

Alexandre B. wrote:
Alpe-Thibaut wrote:I have to say Pinot needs a great Domestique,someone like Landa in Astana and Valverde in Movistar.Else he could not challenge Quintana and even Froome to win a WT

Reichenbach is doing a great job. One of the best domestiques out there.

they also have Steve Morabito, who used to be one of the most valuable helpers in the mountains while at BMC ....
however, somehow I don't see Thibaut Pinot delivering - a very talented guy, but needs to get his mind cleared and focussed ....
loge1884

Re: Equipe FDJ - Official Thread

31 Mar 2017 23:31

Blah, blah, blah... :) ...let's talk about it after the Giro.

Demare is strong and well surrounded. The next few weeks are big. Against a bloodthirsty Sagan and the other usual suspects, it's no gimme. But he can prevail, or at the very least be a factor. He'll win a big thing soon.
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

25 Jun 2017 14:58

Update on Marc Madiot
:D
User avatar Alexandre B.

04 Jul 2017 20:44

Another update on Marc Madiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpIqDyu224
User avatar Alexandre B.

04 Jul 2017 21:01

The guy is crazy :D . And he's no fool. Keeping Demare instead of Nacer, the Giro-Pinot and Tour-Demare decision, that's quite remarkable. And that means FDJ the sponsor will be happy and the team is likely to do it again next year...Pinot vs. Bardet at Il Giro...sweet :cool: .
User avatar Tonton

24 Jul 2017 06:47

FDJ need a third leader,someone like Konig or Nieve and even Pozzovivo.Manzin,Reichenbach can't do some remarkable things in Vuelta
Alpe-Thibaut

Re:

24 Jul 2017 22:31

Alpe-Thibaut wrote:FDJ need a third leader,someone like Konig or Nieve and even Pozzovivo.Manzin,Reichenbach can't do some remarkable things in Vuelta

Or send Demare and his train. For Seb, a top-10 is possible, and/or a nice stage win. At the Giro, despite spending a lot of energy at the service of Tibopino, he finished 15th. Also, 14th at the Tour last year isn't too shabby. But I agree: another solid GC guy would be nice for FDJ. Particularly with Morabito getting older.

Having said that, too bad that Nono couldn't finish, but he asserted himself as one of the top-3 sprinters in the world. Just a year ago, he was at the Krystoff/Degenkolb level, some were arguing that Bryan or Nacer were just as good as he was...it's over. At the TdF he beat Greipel every time, and was the only one remotely close to Kittel from a top-speed standpoint. EBH wasn't as fast (but the guy is very crafty).
User avatar Tonton

24 Jul 2017 23:23

Tonton wrote:
Alpe-Thibaut wrote:FDJ need a third leader,someone like Konig or Nieve and even Pozzovivo.Manzin,Reichenbach can't do some remarkable things in Vuelta

Or send Demare and his train. For Seb, a top-10 is possible, and/or a nice stage win. At the Giro, despite spending a lot of energy at the service of Tibopino, he finished 15th. Also, 14th at the Tour last year isn't too shabby. But I agree: another solid GC guy would be nice for FDJ. Particularly with Morabito getting older.

Having said that, too bad that Nono couldn't finish, but he asserted himself as one of the top-3 sprinters in the world. Just a year ago, he was at the Krystoff/Degenkolb level, some were arguing that Bryan or Nacer were just as good as he was...it's over. At the TdF he beat Greipel every time, and was the only one remotely close to Kittel from a top-speed standpoint. EBH wasn't as fast (but the guy is very crafty).

If you are only looking at topspeed Groenewegen was faster than Kittel on an couple occassions.
Ikbengodniet

25 Jul 2017 00:20

Looking at everything, and when they were face to face, it's pretty clear that Kittel was the faster/best sprinter and Demare second...that's my point, and these are facts. Groenwegen is good though. And he'll get better. And Demare too...he's very young.
User avatar Tonton

25 Jul 2017 05:26

Tonton wrote:

Yeah,Demare didn't finish his last two GT,a hot and difficult Vuelta will be good for him to get over the hard three week.And after a stage win in Tour,he can put his pressure in home and stand at Nimes with a relaxed mind and fresh body.Hope Madiot will do this.By the way,Italy,Spain,not France,are the best place for french riders to show their talents.
Alpe-Thibaut

Re:

25 Jul 2017 05:43

Reichenbach is a great shot to finish inside the top 10 at the Vuelta, his ride at the Giro was great in support of Pinot and also managing to finish 15th and manage a couple of nice stage results. I'm pretty sure FDJ have the next team leader lined up for the future in David Gaudu, he's been impressive for a neo pro and last year Tour de l'Avenir win was quality.
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

25 Jul 2017 14:07

Reichenbach can finish top 10 in the Vuelta, though it's a deep GC field - I'd like to see Demare at the Eneco Tour in which he can be competitive.
yaco

03 Oct 2017 17:36

I don't think FDJ and Moscon will ever be on good terms: https://twitter.com/equipefdj/status/915265926152511491

Namedropping is quite uncommon in the sport.
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re:

03 Oct 2017 18:00

Alexandre B. wrote:I don't think FDJ and Moscon will ever be on good terms: https://twitter.com/equipefdj/status/915265926152511491

Wasn't it Reichenbach who drew attention to Moscon's racial abuse towards Reza on twitter? *tinfoil hat on*
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

03 Oct 2017 18:03

LaFlorecita wrote:
Alexandre B. wrote:I don't think FDJ and Moscon will ever be on good terms: https://twitter.com/equipefdj/status/915265926152511491

Wasn't it Reichenbach who drew attention to Moscon's racial abuse towards Reza on twitter? *tinfoil hat on*

Well FDJ doesn't make any effort to whitewash Moscon's riding
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

03 Oct 2017 21:00

Can we please talk about the hilariously bad videos that FDJ has been using all year on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/EquipeFDJ/status/913363268277850112
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

03 Oct 2017 21:12

How can you hate on that?! It's awesome, especially Pinot :D
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

03 Oct 2017 21:22

No I love it but it's baaaad xD
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing