Log in:  

Register

4 Jours de Dunkerque 2017 (2.HC), 09. - 14.05.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

Re:

12 May 2017 20:44

Alexandre B. wrote:Mighty Chavanel wins the stage to Le Portel ans takes the lead!

He won this race in 2002 and 2004.


He never really got far ahead, but his power was just too much for the chasers.

A nice circuit, which gives different types of rider a chance.
User avatar Tank Engine
Member
 
Posts: 1,267
Joined: 16 Jul 2011 21:50
Location: Central Europe

Re: 4 Jours de Dunkerque 2017 (2.HC), 09. - 14.05.

12 May 2017 20:44

damn it!!! what a classy move by Chavanel :surprised: great stage, great racing, great action.
User avatar hfer07
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,270
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

Re:

13 May 2017 13:45

CaptainSpenno wrote:Can't find it on UK TV listings unless I'm not looking hard enough? Sure it's been on previously?


It's being shown live (without commentary as they're all in Italy!) on Eurosport Player.
argyllflyer
Member
 
Posts: 1,356
Joined: 06 Apr 2012 20:55

13 May 2017 15:33

Ignatas Konovalovas (FDJ) wins the stage and Clément Venturini (Cofidis) takes the lead.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,012
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re:

13 May 2017 18:22

Alexandre B. wrote:Ignatas Konovalovas (FDJ) wins the stage and Clément Venturini (Cofidis) takes the lead.


Damned, Venturini. Please fudge up tomorrow, so I can keep you on my CQ manager list for 2018 :D
User avatar Kazistuta
Member
 
Posts: 1,236
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 06:18
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Re:

13 May 2017 20:33

Kazistuta wrote:
Alexandre B. wrote:Ignatas Konovalovas (FDJ) wins the stage and Clément Venturini (Cofidis) takes the lead.


Damned, Venturini. Please fudge up tomorrow, so I can keep you on my CQ manager list for 2018 :D

Haha, isn't it a bit early to be thinking about that? :D
User avatar Squire
Member
 
Posts: 786
Joined: 28 Dec 2010 23:39
Location: Shanghai

13 May 2017 20:45

Keeping my fingers so crossed for Clem to take the win tomorrow :) even though he's no longer on my CQ team
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 27,165
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

13 May 2017 22:04

Mont Cassel always delivers.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,459
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

Re: Re:

14 May 2017 03:55

Squire wrote:
Kazistuta wrote:
Alexandre B. wrote:Ignatas Konovalovas (FDJ) wins the stage and Clément Venturini (Cofidis) takes the lead.


Damned, Venturini. Please fudge up tomorrow, so I can keep you on my CQ manager list for 2018 :D

Haha, isn't it a bit early to be thinking about that? :D


It's never too early to find promising CQ gems ;)

Seriously though, I'm happy for him, Venturini has been knocking on the door for some time now.
User avatar Kazistuta
Member
 
Posts: 1,236
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 06:18
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

14 May 2017 05:55

Always cool to see a crosser get a road win.
User avatar jaylew
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,225
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

14 May 2017 17:23

Adrien Petit gets some measure of revenge for Direct Énergie, soloing in ahead of his break mates Berden de Vries and Julien Duval, but all the GC contenders safely ensconced in the péloton so Venturini defends his lead successfully.

You know, the more I think about it the more I want a World Championships on the Mont Cassel circuit. The gradient isn't steep enough to make it truly a climber's Worlds, and the cobbles won't be good for them either, however the climbing, though low gradient, is quite sustained so going up and down that all day is a real test and few sprinters ever make it to the end here without losing time. They might need to move the finishing line to another point on the circuit outside the town if the UCI are worried about it ending in a bunch gallop on the cobbles in the town centre, which would be a fair concern, but also the crowds attracted by a Worlds may ensure the cobbles are dealt with in full - there was a fair amount of pavement-riding from Ignatas in his decisive attack there...
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,459
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

Re: 4 Jours de Dunkerque 2017 (2.HC), 09. - 14.05.

14 May 2017 18:23

After Chava's great win yesterday, Kono puts the cherry on the FDJ cake. What a day my friends, what a day!
"Finally, the last thing I'll say to the people who don't believe in cycling, the cynics and the skeptics: I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry that you can't dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles."
User avatar Tonton
Moderator
 
Posts: 2,529
Joined: 17 May 2013 18:59

Re:

14 May 2017 19:00

Libertine Seguros wrote:Adrien Petit gets some measure of revenge for Direct Énergie, soloing in ahead of his break mates Berden de Vries and Julien Duval, but all the GC contenders safely ensconced in the péloton so Venturini defends his lead successfully.

You know, the more I think about it the more I want a World Championships on the Mont Cassel circuit. The gradient isn't steep enough to make it truly a climber's Worlds, and the cobbles won't be good for them either, however the climbing, though low gradient, is quite sustained so going up and down that all day is a real test and few sprinters ever make it to the end here without losing time. They might need to move the finishing line to another point on the circuit outside the town if the UCI are worried about it ending in a bunch gallop on the cobbles in the town centre, which would be a fair concern, but also the crowds attracted by a Worlds may ensure the cobbles are dealt with in full - there was a fair amount of pavement-riding from Ignatas in his decisive attack there...


Would make for an awesome WC, definitely because I would be able to go see it! :D
"Fred bud, he drives five kilometres too fast for us" - Frans Verbeeck talking about Eddy Merckx in an interview with Fred De Bruyne after finishing second in the Tour of Flandres in 1974.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 979
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

20 May 2017 08:41

Maybe unsticky this one now??
User avatar Kazistuta
Member
 
Posts: 1,236
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 06:18
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Bing [Bot], Black Betsy, Danskebjerge, EroicaStradeBianche, Escarabajo, Gris, Jelantik, lenric, movingtarget, Sandisfan, Yingge and 38 guests

Back to top