Log in:  

Register

Transfers and Rumours 2017 > 2018

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

Re:

16 May 2017 08:14

Stilletto wrote:LeEquipe states that Pippo Pozzatto was due to retire at the end of the season but, Wilier Triestina boss persuaded him to continue for 2018.

Scinto wants him to ride for 2 more years, then he'll give him another job, probably as a PR manager for the team, like Boonen for the Hotsteppers.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,256
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: Re:

16 May 2017 09:43

Bryan Coquard will leave Direct Energie after this season. Of course no words as to where he will go.

http://www.teamdirectenergie.com/coquard-decision-difficile/
User avatar tobydawq
Member
 
Posts: 455
Joined: 16 Nov 2013 18:45
Location: Denmark

Re: Re:

16 May 2017 13:44

tobydawq wrote:Bryan Coquard will leave Direct Energie after this season. Of course no words as to where he will go.

http://www.teamdirectenergie.com/coquard-decision-difficile/

Lampre wanted him badly 1 or 2 years ago!
User avatar staubsauger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,593
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 18:14

Re: Re:

16 May 2017 16:32

tobydawq wrote:Bryan Coquard will leave Direct Energie after this season. Of course no words as to where he will go.

http://www.teamdirectenergie.com/coquard-decision-difficile/


Will it be to a French Team - There is a gap at AGR2 and Coquard does seem suited by French Races - Or will he move to other WT teams as a second level sprinter who can go victories in one day races or stage races
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,506
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

16 May 2017 16:40

Since Bardet intends to win the Giro next year, AG2R might be keen to add the Coq for Tour & classics leadership!
User avatar staubsauger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,593
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 18:14

17 May 2017 10:40

User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,256
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

17 May 2017 13:06

Eurosport Germany reports:

Euskadi promotes to pro continental next season. Euskatel might add sponsorship to the team, since they made good cash lately!

Formolo & Astana sounds like a good deal. Bigger paycheck. Better support. Everything speaks in favor of the Kazakhs to be honest. Formolo should sign immediately!
User avatar staubsauger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,593
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 18:14

17 May 2017 15:33

Quickstep still searching for a sponsor.
Bakkie
New Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 25 Aug 2015 13:39

Re:

17 May 2017 18:08

Bakkie wrote:Quickstep still searching for a sponsor.

Observation or fact? Source please.
janraaskalt
Member
 
Posts: 814
Joined: 03 Jan 2010 10:41

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2017 > 2018

17 May 2017 19:03

RAI TV Beppe Conti´s rumor: Fuglsang to SKY in 2018
I never wanted to believe Beppe as much as now
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,771
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2017 > 2018

17 May 2017 19:31

Harm Vanhoucke wants to pass pro in 2018, it will surely be Lotto Soudal or Quick Step i think
jeremydu41
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 May 2017 17:06

17 May 2017 19:50

Tejay should look at going to Sky. He needs to be built back up.
User avatar Moviefan1203
Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: 17 Apr 2010 14:10
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re:

17 May 2017 21:13

Moviefan1203 wrote:Tejay should look at going to Sky. He needs to be built back up.

Why would Sky want him? He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be a good domestique and is certainly no team leader. At this stage it's Cannondale or PCT level for Tejay
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells
Member
 
Posts: 1,448
Joined: 10 Oct 2015 16:03
Location: Melbourne-ish

Re: Re:

17 May 2017 21:18

StryderHells wrote:
Moviefan1203 wrote:Tejay should look at going to Sky. He needs to be built back up.

Why would Sky want him? He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be a good domestique and is certainly no team leader. At this stage it's Cannondale or PCT level for Tejay


Assuming he can get past his failures on a psychological level, his climbing style fits the SkyTrain pretty well.
User avatar Moviefan1203
Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: 17 Apr 2010 14:10
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Re:

17 May 2017 22:25

Moviefan1203 wrote:
StryderHells wrote:
Moviefan1203 wrote:Tejay should look at going to Sky. He needs to be built back up.

Why would Sky want him? He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be a good domestique and is certainly no team leader. At this stage it's Cannondale or PCT level for Tejay


Assuming he can get past his failures on a psychological level, his climbing style fits the SkyTrain pretty well.


I don't see why Sky would take the gamble
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells
Member
 
Posts: 1,448
Joined: 10 Oct 2015 16:03
Location: Melbourne-ish

18 May 2017 12:14

Any chance Landa will go to the new Basque PCT team - Working in a favorable environment and they will ride the Vuelta.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,506
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2017 > 2018

18 May 2017 12:31

pastronef wrote:RAI TV Beppe Conti´s rumor: Fuglsang to SKY in 2018
I never wanted to believe Beppe as much as now


That might be the dumbest rumor yet
User avatar markene2
Member
 
Posts: 1,355
Joined: 07 Jan 2010 20:34

18 May 2017 12:32

The one American guy that I'd realyy like to see riding for another team, maybe Sky, would be Talansky, him riding for a team that actually focuses on thei riders TT skills would be interesting.
According to Formolo's manager they have multiple offers, but negotiantions won't start untiil the end of the Giro.
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/2017/05/18/101276/giro-d-italia-formolo-cannondale-astana-battaglini
It sounds a bit strange, but BMC wouldn't be a bad team for him, he'd be the team leader at th Giro, a few other Italian riders and lots of working on his TT skills, working with Pinotti could do wonders for him.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,256
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2017 > 2018

18 May 2017 15:16

jeremydu41 wrote:Harm Vanhoucke wants to pass pro in 2018, it will surely be Lotto Soudal or Quick Step i think


http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/57904/harm-vanhoucke-abordera-la-suite-sans-stress
jeremydu41
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 May 2017 17:06

Re: Re:

18 May 2017 15:16

janraaskalt wrote:
Bakkie wrote:Quickstep still searching for a sponsor.

Observation or fact? Source please.


http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/258173/lefevere-geeft-nog-geen-duidelijkheid-over-toekomst-quick-step-floors.html

The talks with sponsors are still running, but there is nog big news at this moment. His personal deadline is 30 june.
Bakkie
New Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 25 Aug 2015 13:39

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandre B., AQETUYIOI, archa55, Armchair cyclist, arvc40, Billie, Broccolidwarf, cantalupe, Carols, Dekker_Tifosi, deValtos, emilos, Frankschleck, GenericBoonenFan, Geraint Too Fast, Google Adsense [Bot], Gris, Jungle Cycle, peto10, Poursuivant, Ramira, roundabout, silvergrenade, slosada, UselessToo and 157 guests

Back to top