Log in:  

Register

Giro 2018 Route Rumours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

04 Nov 2017 10:08

On Twitter from Clemen Guillou:

Contrairement aux rumeurs, seulement 2 CLM sur le #Giro, dit Mauro Vegni. 44km total. "Je ne dessine pas le Giro pour un coureur" (Dumoulin)

Google translate:
Contrary to rumors, only 2 CLM on the #Giro, says Mauro Vegni. 44km total. "I do not draw the Giro for a runner" (Dumoulin)
Winnen
Junior Member
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 01 Jul 2012 07:46

04 Nov 2017 10:12

Given the fact that this short amount of TT is pretty absurd, whereas more TT kilometers wouldn't be pandering to a specific rider but just normal, it's more a question of them drawing a route against a specific rider......
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,402
Joined: 23 Oct 2011 17:47

04 Nov 2017 10:15

Then maybe that mouthbreather should think about designing better mountain stages.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 11,914
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Un Año Más

Re:

04 Nov 2017 10:31

Winnen wrote:On Twitter from Clemen Guillou:

Contrairement aux rumeurs, seulement 2 CLM sur le #Giro, dit Mauro Vegni. 44km total. "Je ne dessine pas le Giro pour un coureur" (Dumoulin)

Google translate:
Contrary to rumors, only 2 CLM on the #Giro, says Mauro Vegni. 44km total. "I do not draw the Giro for a runner" (Dumoulin)


44 kms is disgraceful. Perhaps Dumoulin should just focus on the Tour Of Switzerland.
User avatar gregrowlerson
Member
 
Posts: 1,715
Joined: 06 Aug 2010 05:46

04 Nov 2017 15:49

So we possibly looking at ITT totals of 44, 31, and 28 for the 3 GTs?

****
"Winning is about heart, not just legs. It's got to be in the right place."
User avatar Sciocco
Member
 
Posts: 906
Joined: 24 Jan 2012 05:39
Location: Philly, USA

04 Nov 2017 16:16

Interesting shaping up of the route. From tt friendly, to low tt mileage. Though, the rumoured pan flat itt could be enough to make the split between climbers and specialists. They might have estimated the major players won't be attracted by the route anyway, and opted for less time trialing.
Seems like there were several uncertainties regarding the route.

And it could be just another rumour...
User avatar sir fly
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,569
Joined: 24 Feb 2014 16:04
Location: 011

04 Nov 2017 16:36

I read in the italian forum that the three stages in Sicily could be cancelled based on the outcome of the tomorrow elections because it's likely a change in the regional government.
Nirvana
Member
 
Posts: 587
Joined: 28 Jul 2015 18:17
Location: Florence

04 Nov 2017 16:58

A lot of rumors but if it is +50 ITT in this Giro. Dumoulin should go without hesitating. I rather see him take a victory or another podium at least, than go to the tour and fail.
Salvarani
New Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 15 Oct 2017 15:25

Re:

04 Nov 2017 17:24

Nirvana wrote:I read in the italian forum that the three stages in Sicily could be cancelled based on the outcome of the tomorrow elections because it's likely a change in the regional government.

Can't believe new authorities would go that far, no matter how opposed they are to the current ones. The contracts are probably already signed, and the new government might be in position to break them only after the official presentation. It would be a big scandal.
Looks more like someone's desperate move in the political campaign.
User avatar sir fly
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,569
Joined: 24 Feb 2014 16:04
Location: 011

04 Nov 2017 17:46

Gazzetta dello Sport rumours

Image
FilipeFD
Junior Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 30 Dec 2015 17:20
Location: Portugal

Re: Re:

04 Nov 2017 17:58

sir fly wrote:
Nirvana wrote:I read in the italian forum that the three stages in Sicily could be cancelled based on the outcome of the tomorrow elections because it's likely a change in the regional government.

Can't believe new authorities would go that far, no matter how opposed they are to the current ones. The contracts are probably already signed, and the new government might be in position to break them only after the official presentation. It would be a big scandal.
Looks more like someone's desperate move in the political campaign.

Seems that the presentation was delayed to the end of november for this reason.

I don't know what they signed but from what i understanded the one behind the sicilian stages is the assessore regionale allo sport of the current government that was heavily involved with cycling (he planned also to restart the Giro della Sicilia as a 2.1 race) so with a different government RCS will lose the local organizer.
Nirvana
Member
 
Posts: 587
Joined: 28 Jul 2015 18:17
Location: Florence

Re:

04 Nov 2017 18:09

FilipeFD wrote:Gazzetta dello Sport rumours

Image

Gazzetta can't write anything about the route because it's owned by RCS.

That's from an article of Viberti on La Stampa.
He talked about this also in the last Radiocorsa but it's only a collection of already known rumors.
Nirvana
Member
 
Posts: 587
Joined: 28 Jul 2015 18:17
Location: Florence

05 Nov 2017 10:10

When's the presentation?
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,831
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

05 Nov 2017 13:04

November 29th
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator
 
Posts: 8,563
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

05 Nov 2017 13:10

According to local article, stage 11 will finish in Osimo, not in S.Marino. I tend to believe it, since it was the least sure of all stages, and makes more sense with a start in Filottrano the following day.

1 Jerusalem ITT
2 Haifa - Tel Aviv
3 Be'er Sheva - Eilat

4 Catania-Caltagirone
5 Agrigento-Santa Ninfa(Valle del Belice)
6 Caltanissetta-Etna(Osservatorio Astrofisico)
7 Pizzo Calabro - Scalea
8 Praia a Mare - Montevergine
9 Pesco Sannita - Campo Imperatore

10 Farindola - Gualdo Tadino
11 Assisi - Osimo
12 Filottrano - Imola
13 Ferrara - Nervesa della Battaglia
14 S.Vito al Tagliamento - Zoncolan
15 Tolmezzo - Sappada

16 Trento - Rovereto ITT
17 Arco - Monza
18 Milano - Prato Nevoso
19 Venaria - Monte Jafferau
20 Susa - Cervinia
21 ??? - Roma
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator
 
Posts: 8,563
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

Re:

05 Nov 2017 16:22

Eshnar wrote:November 29th

Bloody hell
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,831
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

05 Nov 2017 19:02

So did Vegni really say he was open to discussing shortening the GTs to 2 weeks?
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 11,914
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Un Año Más

Re:

05 Nov 2017 19:57

Red Rick wrote:So did Vegni really say he was open to discussing shortening the GTs to 2 weeks?


I am open to discussing his replacement for someone who has more love with cycling than with money.
User avatar Ricco'
Member
 
Posts: 1,222
Joined: 14 Aug 2012 18:41
Location: Coimbra, Portugal

Re: Re:

05 Nov 2017 20:21

Ricco' wrote:
Red Rick wrote:So did Vegni really say he was open to discussing shortening the GTs to 2 weeks?


I am open to discussing his replacement for someone who has more love with cycling than with money.

Same. Its really as disgraceful as it gets.
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 7,398
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

10 Nov 2017 19:02

The rumour is the Froome is going to do Giro/ Tour in 2018
At least that's what Beppe Conti is hyping on RAI's RadioCorsa
http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSport/media/Radiocorsa-fa8c7888-36b5-400c-9f80-6033eab21929.html
at 23m45s
(spoken italian)
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,577
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigjoeym and 38 guests

Back to top