Register

2017 Worlds Championships startlist

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

11 Sep 2017 14:22

DNP-Old wrote:Picking up some rumours that Argentina won't select Richeze because they fear he'll work for Gaviria.

Instead the select someone that will give them better chance! :D
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

Re:

11 Sep 2017 14:27

Valv.Piti wrote:Do you know if Quintana will ride the ITT?

As far as I know, no-one has been named as of yet.
User avatar DNP-Old

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 14:45

DNP-Old wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:Do you know if Quintana will ride the ITT?

As far as I know, no-one has been named as of yet.

Probably Pantano.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

11 Sep 2017 15:11

Portugal final list

Elite M
José Gonçalves (Team Katusha Alpecin)
Nelson Oliveira (Movistar Team) +ITT
Ricardo Vilela (Manzana Postobón)
Rúben Guerreiro (Trek-Segafredo)
Rui Costa (UAE Team Emirates) +ITT
Tiago Machado (Team Katusha Alpecin)

U-23 M
André Carvalho (Cipollini Iseo Serrature Rime)
Francisco Campos (Miranda/Mortágua)
Ivo Oliveira (Axeon Hagens Berman) +ITT
José Neves (Liberty Seguros/Carglass)

U-19 M
Afonso Silva (Sporting/Tavira/Formação Eng. Birto da Mana)
Pedro José Lopes (Alcobaça CC/Crédito Agrícola)
Pedro Miguel Lopes (Seissa/KTM Bikeseven/Matias & Araújo/Frulact)

U-19 W
Maria Martins (Bairrada)
FilipeFD

11 Sep 2017 15:43

The Italian team is filthy good. Pre-selection:

Alberto Bettiol (Cannondale-Drapac), Daniele Bennati (Movistar), Marco Canola (Nippo – Vini Fantini), Sonny Colbrelli (Bahrain-Merida), Alessandro De Marchi (BMC), Enrico Gasparotto (Bahrain-Merida), Marco Marcato (UAE-Emirates), Gianni Moscon (Sky), Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain-Merida), Daniel Oss (BMC), Andrea Pasqualon (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Salvatore Puccio (Sky), Matteo Trentin (Quick-Step Floors), Diego Ulissi (UAE-Emirates), Davide Villella (Cannondale-Drapac) e Elia Viviani (Sky)
User avatar DNP-Old

Re:

11 Sep 2017 16:01

Alexandre B. wrote:Spain

Jesus Herrada
David De La Cruz
Jose Joaquin Rojas
Marc Soler
Luis Leon Sanchez
Luis Mas Bonet
Jonathan Castroviejo (ITT)
Gorka Izagirre (ITT)
Imanol Erviti

Sad to see Balarcon missing the selection :D
User avatar Alexandre B.

11 Sep 2017 16:18

Sunweb for the TTT
Dumoulin, Kelderman, Kamna, Kragh Andersen, Oomen and Matthews

Could do a lot better than last year. Dark horses, though BMC / Quick Step are still favorites
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

Re:

11 Sep 2017 17:41

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Sunweb for the TTT

Could do a lot better than last year. Dark horses, though BMC / Quick Step are still favorites

But did they select the best possible team? I'd consider Arndt and Haga better TTists than Kragh and Oomen on paper. Probably decided by form... Though Arndt has been selected by his national team for both, TT and road race.
Sestriere

Re:

11 Sep 2017 18:02

DNP-Old wrote:The Italian team is filthy good. Pre-selection:

Alberto Bettiol (Cannondale-Drapac), Daniele Bennati (Movistar), Marco Canola (Nippo – Vini Fantini), Sonny Colbrelli (Bahrain-Merida), Alessandro De Marchi (BMC), Enrico Gasparotto (Bahrain-Merida), Marco Marcato (UAE-Emirates), Gianni Moscon (Sky), Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain-Merida), Daniel Oss (BMC), Andrea Pasqualon (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Salvatore Puccio (Sky), Matteo Trentin (Quick-Step Floors), Diego Ulissi (UAE-Emirates), Davide Villella (Cannondale-Drapac) e Elia Viviani (Sky)

Bennati, Colbrelli, De Marchi, Moscon, Puccio, Ulissi, Nibali, Trentin and Viviani probably. Bettiol also has a good chance as does Oss, but I don't see Villella, Pasqualon, Marcato, Canola or Gaspa in it.
Brullnux

Re: 2017 Worlds Championships startlist

11 Sep 2017 18:07

fauniera wrote:
yaco wrote:Gee if the weather prediction is correct there could be less than 25 riders finishing the mens RR.

Why? Most pages predict rain until mid-week, then good weather for the weekend. :(

Isn't it next weekend? Pretty sure any prediction more than a week away is just (educated) guesswork really.
Brullnux

Re:

11 Sep 2017 18:36

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Sunweb for the TTT

That is incredibly strong. I like the inclusion of the younger guys.
I'm going to go on a whim and vote for them to win.
User avatar Ruby United

11 Sep 2017 18:38

Brullnux wrote:
fauniera wrote:
yaco wrote:Gee if the weather prediction is correct there could be less than 25 riders finishing the mens RR.

Why? Most pages predict rain until mid-week, then good weather for the weekend. :(

Isn't it next weekend? Pretty sure any prediction more than a week away is just (educated) guesswork really.

According to yr.no , no rain... Partly sunny all week!
Monte

11 Sep 2017 18:53

Mostly dry until wednesday next week, on both yr.no and storm.no. Rain during road races next weekend.
AQETUYIOI

11 Sep 2017 19:28

I was at the finnish when Jan Ulrich won in 1993 for Amateurs in Oslo in clear blue sky and 20c .. Next day when Armstrong won for Pros it was rainy all day, crashes and paint all over the road.. I was the first one touching his handlebars and congratulating him.. I always protected that bastard until i knew the truth, now i only see a duck in the mirror.. :D

RAin or Sun in Norway is a coin flip, in Bergen u usually dont need a coin. Expect rain.
Monte

11 Sep 2017 19:53

Which teams want a very hard race and are able to make it hard?
The sadness of the world has different ways of getting to people, but it seems to succeed almost every time
User avatar Bardamu

11 Sep 2017 20:19

Usual sort of deal from the likes of Italy/Belgium you would think, **** hot team full of world beaters that somehow conspire to screw it up. Colombia appear to have brought half of next years tour GC.

Froome to win

Edit: The Road Race I mean.
TomLPC

11 Sep 2017 20:21

Usual sort of deal from the likes of Italy/Belgium you would think, **** hot team full of world beaters that somehow conspire to screw it up. Colombia appear to have brought half of next years tour GC.

Froome to win

Edit: The Road Race I mean.
TomLPC

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 20:33

Brullnux wrote:

Bennati, Colbrelli, De Marchi, Moscon, Puccio, Ulissi, Nibali, Trentin and Viviani probably. Bettiol also has a good chance as does Oss, but I don't see Villella, Pasqualon, Marcato, Canola or Gaspa in it.

Most probably Nibali won't go.
The course doesn't suit him. He clearly said that. Besides I got injured on stage 20.
huge

12 Sep 2017 08:06

Danish selection
Valgren, Cort, Kragh Andersen S, Juul-Jensen, Pedersen, Mørkøv

Mørkøv instead of Breschel is retarded. I think Anders Lund's closeness to Breschel must have influenced this choice. But obviously you can't talk about favoritism with someone who has finished second, third, fourth and seventh. Or maybe Matti said he is not in shape Idk. Disappointing anyway and I would not take Magnus Cort either.

TT Norman Hansen and Toft Madsen so I guess Pedersen and Juul-Jensen said no.
User avatar ciranda

Re:

12 Sep 2017 08:25

Most of these riders are in great shape, but I bolded the ones I think would make the best team.
Bennati as a road captain, Oss and De Marchi as the strong rouleurs for the flat, Ulissi/Moscon/Bettiol for the late attacks, Trentin/Colbrelli for reduced sprints and Viviani if a large bunch survives.
Puccio and Villella could also play the Oss/De Marchi role.

Before the Vuelta Nibali said he would like to help the team in Bergen, but I don't see him being selected after his crash on stage 20.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing