Register

2017 Worlds Championships startlist

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

13 Sep 2017 11:30

johnymax wrote:Slovenia:

Mezgec, Roglič (also TT), Mohorič, Tratnik (also TT), Pibernik, Polanc.

Obvious Pibernik win is obvious.

He will be so dominant that he doesn't even have to ride the final lap to celebrate his win
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 11:52

I've missed Switzerland selection:

Michael Albasini
Silvan Dillier
Stefan Küng (also ITT)
Fabian Lienhard
Gregory Rast
Michael Schär
Reto Hollenstein (ITT only)
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re: 2017 Worlds Championships startlist

13 Sep 2017 11:55

ciranda wrote:Danish selection
Valgren, Cort, Kragh Andersen S, Juul-Jensen, Pedersen, Mørkøv

Mørkøv instead of Breschel is retarded. I think Anders Lund's closeness to Breschel must have influenced this choice. But obviously you can't talk about favoritism with someone who has finished second, third, fourth and seventh. Or maybe Matti said he is not in shape Idk. Disappointing anyway and I would not take Magnus Cort either.

TT Norman Hansen and Toft Madsen so I guess Pedersen and Juul-Jensen said no.

Can only agree, Mørkøv is a very bad choise. Anders Lund probably watched to much Vuelta on danish TV with the commentators there wanting to pick him. But the race is indeed too hard and too long for him and he will be of no use to the team. If they just wanted a pure helper for the first 200 kms someone like Lars Bak would have been a much better pick since Mørkøv will not be in the final. And yes I also think Anders Lund not picking Breschel is a sort of reverse-nepotism, simply not picking his friend being afraid people thinking it would be nepotism, but Breschel is a championship-rider and would have been a good pick despite his mediocre form. BUt he has some positioning-skills that are just as important and I dont think the form is that bad either. If not Breschel (with Fuglsang totally out of shape) I would actually have picked good old Chris Anker Sorensen that is actuallly in good form and who were also always very good in championships, and also can do well in bad weather. He would have been a great helper very long in the race.
MADRAZO

13 Sep 2017 11:58

Doeas anyone want to make a World TTT startlist thread?
del1962
Veteran

Re:

13 Sep 2017 12:39

b.broadhurst wrote:Do Sky have a chance in the TTT?

Froome, Thomas, Kiryienka, Kwiatkowski, Moscon plus 1 from below I guess.

Kennaugh, Poels, Puccini or Stannard

Doull is in ... must be favourites.
Rød pølse - Breakfast of Champions!
"The president is one large S.T.D., and if you’re in close proximity you’re going to get tainted by it.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re: Re:

13 Sep 2017 13:59

Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:Do you know if Quintana will ride the ITT?

As far as I know, no-one has been named as of yet.

Probably Pantano.

Pantano it is. He will riding the CRE (TTT) as well.

http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/inicio/30/24014-seleccion-colombia-se-desplaza-este-martes-a-campeonato-mundial-de-ruta-de-noruega.html
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 14:18

Chris Anker is in horrible in wet weather. I would a few riders above him on such a route.

Your point about reverse nepotism is great tho - I think thats exactly the case. Sure, Mørkøv proved valuable for Zakarin one a stage or two, but everyone could have done what he did. Didn't prove to me he was in good shape. I also don't like his personality, he seems to value himself way too highly which is pretty annoying.
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

13 Sep 2017 14:55

SKY look really strong for the TTT

Not sure about the french selection....

The Belgians ...wow ...everyone in the team could win
Of course said this about Spaish teams in the past on hily courses and they still managed to mess it up and a lone rider sneak in for the win

I hope they really go for it and attack
If it rains it suits them even better
I just want an open attacking race and Belgium being the strongest can provide that ... not wait for the end

Any chance of cross winds ? if so they have sown it up
HelloDolly

Re:

13 Sep 2017 19:16

DNP-Old wrote:Picking up some rumours that Argentina won't select Richeze because they fear he'll work for Gaviria.

Confirmed.
User avatar DNP-Old

13 Sep 2017 19:18

User avatar Knutsen

13 Sep 2017 19:18

Elite: Edu Sepúlveda
Sub23: Nico Tivani y Tomás Contte
Juniors: Iván Ruiz
User avatar DNP-Old

Re:

13 Sep 2017 19:46

Knutsen wrote:https://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Hordaland/Bergen/Bergen/long.html?spr=eng

After reading volume 5 of My Struggle, I refuse to believe that there are ever sunny days in Bergen.
shalgo

13 Sep 2017 22:30

shalgo wrote:
Knutsen wrote:https://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Hordaland/Bergen/Bergen/long.html?spr=eng

After reading volume 5 of My Struggle, I refuse to believe that there are ever sunny days in Bergen.

Number of days with rain (regndagar) per month in blue - average hours of sunshine (soltimmar) in yellow

Rød pølse - Breakfast of Champions!
"The president is one large S.T.D., and if you’re in close proximity you’re going to get tainted by it.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

13 Sep 2017 22:47

Valv.Piti wrote:Chris Anker is in horrible in wet weather. I would a few riders above him on such a route.

Your point about reverse nepotism is great tho - I think thats exactly the case. Sure, Mørkøv proved valuable for Zakarin one a stage or two, but everyone could have done what he did. Didn't prove to me he was in good shape. I also don't like his personality, he seems to value himself way too highly which is pretty annoying.

You are propably right about Chris Anker and the bad weather, just felt he ought to be okay having done well in a lot of races that often has bad weather like Liege-Bastogne-Liege, The Worlds, Paris-Nice, Tour Of Poland and so on, but 30 seconds research and I can see he states he hates rain :). With the forecast looking good now I do think he would have been a good pick though. And yes regarding Mørkøv all that extreme confidence in interviews followed by 50. places in the masssprints and bad excuses are getting pretty annoying indeed. He is for sure a good leadout-rider in flat races, but not much more than that (at least on the road).
MADRAZO

14 Sep 2017 10:38

Matteo Trentin
Elia Viviani
Sonny Colbrelli
Diego Ulissi
Gianni Moscon
Alberto Bettiol
Alessandro De Marchi
Daniele Bennati
Salvatore Puccio
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re:

14 Sep 2017 10:44

Alexandre B. wrote:Matteo Trentin
Elia Viviani
Sonny Colbrelli
Diego Ulissi
Gianni Moscon
Alberto Bettiol
Alessandro De Marchi
Daniele Bennati
Salvatore Puccio

Best squad on paper for me.
User avatar b.broadhurst

14 Sep 2017 11:06

b.broadhurst wrote:
Elia Viviani
Sonny Colbrelli
Diego Ulissi
Gianni Moscon
Alberto Bettiol
Alessandro De Marchi
Daniele Bennati
Salvatore Puccio

Best squad on paper for me.

Yes, they can realistically cover all plausible race situations.

It also probably mean they'll not make the race but follow moves instead.
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re:

14 Sep 2017 11:14

Elia Viviani
Sonny Colbrelli
Diego Ulissi
Gianni Moscon
Alberto Bettiol
Alessandro De Marchi
Daniele Bennati
Salvatore Puccio

Extremely strong on paper but this squad might really have the problem of too many leaders. I mean they have 3 sprinters (viviani if the race is extremely easy, colbrelli if the race is easy and trentin if the race was quite hard) and then they have ulissi who just won a wt classic and will probably want to have a free role as well (which makes sense considering how great the course suits him) So you have 4 riders who probably won't be happy to work for someone else. However if there is one team which has to try to control the race it is italy because they are probably the strongest team hoping for a sprint while other strong teams like Belgium or france will do everything to avoid a sprint
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

Re:

14 Sep 2017 11:22

Elia Viviani
Sonny Colbrelli
Diego Ulissi
Gianni Moscon
Alberto Bettiol
Alessandro De Marchi
Daniele Bennati
Salvatore Puccio

I hoped that Daniel Oss would get the nomination :D
User avatar SKSemtex

14 Sep 2017 12:31

shalgo wrote:

I'm currently on volume 4, so I would'nt know.. (but I do)
User avatar Knutsen

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing