Register

Commentatorballs

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 15:38

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
TMP402 wrote:Carlton: "Michael Matthews looks like he's praying, maybe a mantis".

If my dad made dad jokes like Carlton Kirby I would run off from home.

Yeah, these are lowlights from the "dad joke" genre, I believe.
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

17 Sep 2017 15:41

More worried that Kirby called Brian Smith 'Sean' on three occasions.
yaco

Re:

18 Sep 2017 06:25

yaco wrote:More worried that Kirby called Brian Smith 'Sean' on three occasions.

He does that all the time, anyone knows why? Another "joke"?
User avatar starlord

Re:

18 Sep 2017 13:26

silvergrenade wrote:Who is the english commentator on the youtube stream?
Really annoying voice.

Anthony McCrossan. He usually does the Cyclo-Cross for the YouTube stream, I wondered yesterday why he wasn't at the Jingle Cross. I had the same opinion as you at first, with time I got familiar with his voice.
User avatar Ricco'

18 Sep 2017 20:52

starlord wrote:
yaco wrote:More worried that Kirby called Brian Smith 'Sean' on three occasions.

He does that all the time, anyone knows why? Another "joke"?

No, just incompetence.
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

18 Sep 2017 23:19

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
TMP402 wrote:Carlton: "Michael Matthews looks like he's praying, maybe a mantis".

Well it's about time he did. Thirty-year-olds need to get out of their parent's home.
(Insert smilie emoticon here.)
While I'm here, can we give a quick round of applause to tpm90210?
He listens to Carlton Kirby so we don't have to.
Thanks, tpm. It really means a lot.
Or, as Sean Kelly would say, "Yeah, erm, uh, tpm has a lot to give. And er, uh, 90210 he really tells it like it is."
User avatar the delgados

19 Sep 2017 07:25

the delgados wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:

Well it's about time he did. Thirty-year-olds need to get out of their parent's home.
(Insert smilie emoticon here.)
While I'm here, can we give a quick round of applause to tpm90210?
He listens to Carlton Kirby so we don't have to.
Thanks, tpm. It really means a lot.
Or, as Sean Kelly would say, "Yeah, erm, uh, tpm has a lot to give. And er, uh, 90210 he really tells it like it is."

Waw, what a comeback!
Beautiful, my good sir.

Sincerely a 30-year old who still lives at his parents...
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

Re: Commentatorballs

20 Sep 2017 11:44

So the Austrian TV station ORF is broadcasting the WC which is always very funny because there is not one person in the ORF who has any clue about cycling. Therefore they always send their most stupid commentator, Peter Brunner, whom they don't need anywhere else, to the WC. So don't be surprised if I'll post a lot on this thread in the coming days. :D
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

20 Sep 2017 11:50

Gigs_98 wrote:So the Austrian TV station ORF is broadcasting the WC which is always very funny because there is not one person in the ORF who has any clue about cycling. Therefore they always send their most stupid commentator, Peter Brunner, whom they don't need anywhere else, to the WC. So don't be surprised if I'll post a lot on this thread in the coming days. :D

Update your resume
Include CN forum post count
Open sollicitation for cycling commentator job
??
Profit?
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

20 Sep 2017 12:51

Gigs_98 wrote:So the Austrian TV station ORF is broadcasting the WC which is always very funny because there is not one person in the ORF who has any clue about cycling. Therefore they always send their most stupid commentator, Peter Brunner, whom they don't need anywhere else, to the WC. So don't be surprised if I'll post a lot on this thread in the coming days. :D

So besides saying stupid things like "the streets are so narrow they could as well ride through houses" what annoys me most so far is that he doesn't understand how the graphic for the split times work. For example there were cases in which he thought the graphic shows that a rider is 8 minutes in front of the rider who had the best time so far and explained to the viewers that he excuses for the not working graphic since the rider has neither already reached the split time nor does he have an 8 minute advantage. Ofc what the graphic actually meant was that the rider still had 8 minutes to reach the split time if he wants to set the best time and the time was ticking down. :o
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

20 Sep 2017 13:22

Peter Brunner: Chris Froome won a very hilly time trial in the vuelta in Logroñes and finished 3rd in a completely flat TT in Marseille in the tour.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

20 Sep 2017 13:26

Peter Brunner: Bora Hansgrohe is a team where soon half of the riders will be Austrians.

Sorry if I annoy with too many posts in this thread right now but it's just hard to let stuff like that uncommented.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

20 Sep 2017 13:30

Nygaard: If the guy who wins doesn't change bike, I'm gonna rip off my trousers and run across [local square].
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

20 Sep 2017 13:35

"The riders are riding up this climb amidst of thousands of drunk Norwegians"
"There are a lot of kids here"
"Doesn't matter, they start early with that here in Norway"

Ducrot
User avatar Red Rick

Re:

20 Sep 2017 13:50

Red Rick wrote:"The riders are riding up this climb amidst of thousands of drunk Norwegians"
"There are a lot of kids here"
"Doesn't matter, they start early with that here in Norway"

Ducrot

The Danish commentators were surprised how well-behaved the spectators were and suggested that the high prices of alcohol in Norway might be the reason for that...
User avatar tobydawq

20 Sep 2017 13:56

Gigs_98 wrote:Peter Brunner: Chris Froome won a very hilly time trial in the vuelta in Logroñes and finished 3rd in a completely flat TT in Marseille in the tour.

:lol:
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

20 Sep 2017 14:07

Ducrot on Gruzdev:

This guy, when he comes out of hibernation, he first snaps a sheeps neck, and eats it raw before training. That's the impression he give you
User avatar Red Rick

20 Sep 2017 15:27

Carlton and Brian Smith could see Rohan Dennis had a prominent cut on his shin for the probably 10 seconds he was onscreen. They said nothing. Then minutes later, in trying to work out how he had lost time between intermediate checks, Carlton said "we didn't see any marks on him or anything".
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

20 Sep 2017 15:31

Carlton: "Captain of his own ship, and destiny, is Tom Dumoulin, will he sail away, and how will he cope with the final climb?"
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing