Log in:  

Register

Commentatorballs

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

16 Sep 2017 19:51

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:José Been commented on the Froome nude photo today and mention his weight, which led to Michelle Cound commenting on Been's weight, too. Hilarious twitter conversation.


You don't happen to have a screenshot from that?
I always like to see Been getting owned.

Classy :rolleyes:

FWIW if you're on MC's side, you're in the minority. Support for José is overwhelming. It was a rather disgusting comment by Cound, of course, which she also realized herself because she quickly deleted it. Kinda like when she insinuated Contador was still doping. Deleting it doesn't erase all memory of it. She needs to think before tweeting.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,093
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

16 Sep 2017 20:01

LaFlorecita wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:
Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:José Been commented on the Froome nude photo today and mention his weight, which led to Michelle Cound commenting on Been's weight, too. Hilarious twitter conversation.


You don't happen to have a screenshot from that?
I always like to see Been getting owned.

Classy :rolleyes:

FWIW if you're on MC's side, you're in the minority. Support for José is overwhelming. It was a rather disgusting comment by Cound, of course, which she also realized herself because she quickly deleted it. Kinda like when she insinuated Contador was still doping. Deleting it doesn't erase all memory of it. She needs to think before tweeting.


Oh come on, the women has a clear social media addiction, and yes I agree that MC is not the most friendly of all people, but José Been is just irritating and altough she has cleary stated being very anti-doping-insinuation but yet she couldn't help but insinuate that Froome (back in 2015) and Deignan (this year) are doped. Also the She needs to think before tweeting. Very much applies more to Been than any other person.
And on a personal note: I think tweeting during your work (in her case commentating) is very unproffesional.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 1,611
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

Re: Re:

16 Sep 2017 20:02

The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 1,611
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 00:22



There's nothing wrong with the first part of Michelle Froome's response, but you have to take the high road on the second part. Nothing good can come from that.
Durden93
Member
 
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Sep 2016 19:16

17 Sep 2017 04:57

There's a reason this whole conversation got deleted by both parties. It wasn't very beneficial for either of them. The matter is: one of those two parties is a professional journalist who should know better then getting into fights with strangers on social media.

Been appears to be very thin-skinned - a bit like the female version of this annoying pcs guy. Only a coincidence that they are both Dutch? :D
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,311
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

Re: Commentatorballs

17 Sep 2017 09:09

Between Jose Been and Michelle Froome I cannot decide who I like less. :lol: or better, dislike most. :lol:
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,100
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:06

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:There's a reason this whole conversation got deleted by both parties. It wasn't very beneficial for either of them. The matter is: one of those two parties is a professional journalist who should know better then getting into fights with strangers on social media.

Been appears to be very thin-skinned - a bit like the female version of this annoying pcs guy. Only a coincidence that they are both Dutch? :D

Well, José wasn't getting into fights, she just commented on something that was doing the rounds on social media and MC jumped on it. José's initial comment wasn't mean spirited in any way.
Later, MC called her obese, and pointed to Armstrong as an example that cancer survivors can still be "assholes".
I know many don't like José, I don't mind her, but fair enough. However, I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to defend what MC said to her just because they do not like José as a person or as a commentator.

MC needs a brain-to-tweet filter. I've lost count how many times she's dug a hole for herself by tweeting something offensive or stupid and deleting it afterwards.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,093
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:07

LaFlorecita wrote:
Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:There's a reason this whole conversation got deleted by both parties. It wasn't very beneficial for either of them. The matter is: one of those two parties is a professional journalist who should know better then getting into fights with strangers on social media.

Been appears to be very thin-skinned - a bit like the female version of this annoying pcs guy. Only a coincidence that they are both Dutch? :D

Well, José wasn't getting into fights, she just commented on something that was doing the rounds on social media and MC jumped on it. José's initial comment wasn't mean spirited in any way.
Later, MC called her obese, and pointed to Armstrong as an example that cancer survivors can still be "assholes".
I know many don't like José, I don't mind her, but fair enough. However, I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to defend what MC said to her just because they do not like José as a person or as a commentator.

MC needs a brain-to-tweet filter. I've lost count how many times she's dug a hole for herself by tweeting something offensive or stupid, deleting it afterwards.


If she finds one, I think it would be beneficial to give one to Been aswell.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 1,611
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:11

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:Been appears to be very thin-skinned - a bit like the female version of this annoying pcs guy. Only a coincidence that they are both Dutch? :D

FWIW I think Been is a kind person at heart who just needs to spend less time on social media and as you say, is a bit thin-skinned. PCS dude is an ******* plain and simple, no way around it.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,093
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:12

GenericBoonenFan wrote:If she finds one, I think it would be beneficial to give one to Been aswell.

Your obsession with her is pretty sad.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,093
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:17

LaFlorecita wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:If she finds one, I think it would be beneficial to give one to Been aswell.

Your obsession with her is pretty sad.


Same is your obsession with defending her every step.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 1,611
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:22

GenericBoonenFan wrote:If she finds one, I think it would be beneficial to give one to Been aswell.


I think there are several people who could benefit from something like that.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,150
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:33

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:If she finds one, I think it would be beneficial to give one to Been aswell.

Your obsession with her is pretty sad.


Same is your obsession with defending her every step.

I will defend someone if I feel people are being unfair to that person.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,093
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 10:38

LaFlorecita wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:If she finds one, I think it would be beneficial to give one to Been aswell.

Your obsession with her is pretty sad.


Same is your obsession with defending her every step.

I will defend someone if I feel people are being unfair to that person.


Again: same
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 1,611
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

17 Sep 2017 14:27

File under "**** Carlton says": sees Uno-X Hydrogen Development Team and says "hydrogen, one of the common gases, and they're going full at the moment".
User avatar TMP402
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,338
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

17 Sep 2017 14:31

Who is the english commentator on the youtube stream?
Really annoying voice.
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade
Member
 
Posts: 1,518
Joined: 23 Jan 2016 17:30

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 14:58

LaFlorecita wrote:
Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:There's a reason this whole conversation got deleted by both parties. It wasn't very beneficial for either of them. The matter is: one of those two parties is a professional journalist who should know better then getting into fights with strangers on social media.

Been appears to be very thin-skinned - a bit like the female version of this annoying pcs guy. Only a coincidence that they are both Dutch? :D

Well, José wasn't getting into fights, she just commented on something that was doing the rounds on social media and MC jumped on it. José's initial comment wasn't mean spirited in any way.
Later, MC called her obese, and pointed to Armstrong as an example that cancer survivors can still be "assholes".
I know many don't like José, I don't mind her, but fair enough. However, I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to defend what MC said to her just because they do not like José as a person or as a commentator.

MC needs a brain-to-tweet filter. I've lost count how many times she's dug a hole for herself by tweeting something offensive or stupid and deleting it afterwards.

Yep, Cound is a disgraceful bully - straight out of the Armstrong school of sociopaths. She's proved that time and time again. Been has every right to comment on Froome's weight - he's a professional athlete, in the public eye, in a sport where weight is of critical importance. Cound has no right to do the same to Been; her weight has nothing to do with her job or her public persona. Basically calling her fat serves no purpose other than to humiliate her. Cound is just a despicable woman.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,012
Joined: 07 Nov 2010 16:00
Location: Valencia

17 Sep 2017 15:00

I don't know how exactly Dumoulin's name is pronounced, but I'm confident Sean Kelly's "Tom DeMullen" isn't right.
User avatar spalco
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,534
Joined: 01 Feb 2011 18:13
Location: Vienna

17 Sep 2017 15:12

Carlton: "Michael Matthews looks like he's praying, maybe a mantis".
User avatar TMP402
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,338
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

Re:

17 Sep 2017 15:15

TMP402 wrote:Carlton: "Michael Matthews looks like he's praying, maybe a mantis".


If my dad made dad jokes like Carlton Kirby I would run off from home.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 1,611
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dacooley, Dr. Watson, Eyeballs Out, Geraint Too Fast, Google Adsense [Bot], Hedser, the delgados, tobydawq, Vino attacks everyone and 42 guests

Back to top