Log in:  

Register

2017 Worlds BERGEN, NORWAY, ITT ELITE Wednesday 20 Sept

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Who wins the ITT in Bergen?

Tom Dumoulin
104
72%
Geraint Thomas
1
1%
Rohan Dennis
8
6%
Tony Martin
3
2%
Chris Froome
12
8%
Primož Roglič
5
3%
Michal Kwiatkowski
5
3%
Stefan Küng
No votes
Maciej Bodnar
5
3%
Wilco Kelderman
1
1%
 
Total votes : 144

Re: 2017 Worlds BERGEN, NORWAY, ITT Wednesday 20 Sept

11 Sep 2017 19:28

Gigs_98 wrote:Roglic was rather disappointing in the last two TT's he rode so his form might not be good enough. By the way I'm surprised that Alaphillippe won't ride. The TT he won in Paris Nice was a lot like this, only a bit shorter, so while not being a favorite I'd still say he would have a small chance to win a medal, something I wouldn't say about Gougeard.

I read somewhere it was his own decision to skip the TT.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,718
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re: 2017 Worlds BERGEN, NORWAY, ITT Wednesday 20 Sept

11 Sep 2017 19:31

Alexandre B. wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:Roglic was rather disappointing in the last two TT's he rode so his form might not be good enough. By the way I'm surprised that Alaphillippe won't ride. The TT he won in Paris Nice was a lot like this, only a bit shorter, so while not being a favorite I'd still say he would have a small chance to win a medal, something I wouldn't say about Gougeard.

I read somewhere it was his own decision to skip the TT.


He didnt see the profile then.. Most havent mentioned it on Twitter either.. My prediction is that when Chris Froome see the profile he says ; Im Racing!
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

11 Sep 2017 19:32

I wouldn't ignore Kiryienka for podium, or even being a close contender. This course suits him a lot, he has shown form in TOB and he is really good in one-day time trials.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re:

11 Sep 2017 19:35

DNP-Old wrote:I wouldn't ignore Kiryienka for podium, or even being a close contender. This course suits him a lot, he has shown form in TOB and he is really good in one-day time trials.



He is in my top 3 for intermediate, but i dont think he knows how the last hill is (nobody does it seems) .. Its 9-10% in average for 3.5 km but its like 50 meters with 7 percent and 18 percent .. Its up and down, no chance for his kind.
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

11 Sep 2017 19:36

Anyway Alaphilippe didn't beat the best rouleurs/climbers in Paris-Nice, it was a great win indeed but not against the cream of the crop.

In top form, he could've fight for a bronze, though.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,718
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re:

11 Sep 2017 19:38

DNP-Old wrote:I wouldn't ignore Kiryienka for podium, or even being a close contender. This course suits him a lot, he has shown form in TOB and he is really good in one-day time trials.

I think it's not long enough for Kiry.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,718
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

11 Sep 2017 19:39

Just Imagine the backlash if Moscon manages to get a medal... :D
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,606
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 19:49

Its made for Wilco And TOm .. thats for sure. Homeboy. Boasson Hagen is gonna be up there as well.

If Chris Froome ever bother to see the profile or read this post he will know he will win :D
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

Re:

11 Sep 2017 19:55

Mayomaniac wrote:Just Imagine the backlash if Moscon manages to get a medal... :D

Big fan of the apple farmer.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

11 Sep 2017 19:57

Some riders gonna switch bikes for the final hill?
The sadness of the world has different ways of getting to people, but it seems to succeed almost every time
User avatar Bardamu
Junior Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: 13 Jul 2016 20:36
Location: Paris

Re:

11 Sep 2017 19:59

Bardamu wrote:Some riders gonna switch bikes for the final hill?

Dumoulin said he's thinking about it.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

11 Sep 2017 20:00

G ain't riding, as per as interview on the BBC Wales site. Doesn't sound keen on the RR either. Shame, cos on top form, a medal would beckon in the TT.
King Of The Wolds
Member
 
Posts: 999
Joined: 19 May 2011 19:22

Re:

11 Sep 2017 20:02

King Of The Wolds wrote:G ain't riding, as per as interview on the BBC Wales site. Doesn't sound keen on the RR either. Shame, cos on top form, a medal would beckon in the TT.


Any links to that interview? Why would he pass this one in a lifetime opportunity , sounds strange .. Lack of info i presume.
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

11 Sep 2017 20:05

I spent 4 days in Bergen back in 2013. Lovey city....except it Rained Every Day and Every Night :).

Can we expect rain for the Worlds?
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,800
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

11 Sep 2017 20:05

The new Merckx Moscon to smash the field on the final ramp.
Nirvana
Member
 
Posts: 572
Joined: 28 Jul 2015 18:17
Location: Florence

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 20:06

Monte wrote:
King Of The Wolds wrote:G ain't riding, as per as interview on the BBC Wales site. Doesn't sound keen on the RR either. Shame, cos on top form, a medal would beckon in the TT.


Any links to that interview? Why would he pass this one in a lifetime opportunity , sounds strange .. Lack of info i presume.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/41220689
King Of The Wolds
Member
 
Posts: 999
Joined: 19 May 2011 19:22

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 20:08

King Of The Wolds wrote:
Monte wrote:
King Of The Wolds wrote:G ain't riding, as per as interview on the BBC Wales site. Doesn't sound keen on the RR either. Shame, cos on top form, a medal would beckon in the TT.


Any links to that interview? Why would he pass this one in a lifetime opportunity , sounds strange .. Lack of info i presume.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/41220689



So he will do the Team TIme Trial and not the individual one? Sounds very strange to me..
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

Re:

11 Sep 2017 20:45

jsem94 wrote:Retarded design. 30km, really? Tom Dumoulin to smash everyone.


He lost to Stefan Kung on many occasions now.. Still, he is podium for the betting community..
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

Re:

11 Sep 2017 20:49

Bardamu wrote:Some riders gonna switch bikes for the final hill?


Everyone is gonna change bike before the first turn in that hill, u cant go up with a TT bike.. Simple.
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

Re:

11 Sep 2017 20:56

Carols wrote:I spent 4 days in Bergen back in 2013. Lovey city....except it Rained Every Day and Every Night :).

Can we expect rain for the Worlds?


Ive checked the weather for this date every year back to the last sunny day, it was 2012 :D.

Still it looks good though, no rain still for forecast .. SUnny at start 16th to ELite time trial at 20th..
Monte
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 18:59

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], tdf2018 and 14 guests

Back to top