Log in:  

Register

2017 Worlds BERGEN, Norway, TTT, Sunday 17th Sept

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

17 Sep 2017 18:41

Mayomaniac wrote:I'd prefer to see 4 men TTTs with national teams, but I can see that the lack of training and not knowing eachother that well would be a bit of a problem. Still, the region Trentino/South Tyrol would probably beat the rest of Italy, Quinziato, Oss, Moscon and Trentin or Moser would be one hell of a squad. :D


National teams would be nice IMO! Who would win?

I think the Dutch team would look like this:
-Tom D
-Wilco Keldermerckx
-Lars Boom
-TGBM
-Stef Clement
-van Emden

Robert Gesink, if not injured, would also be an option. So would Terpstra. Could be good for podium.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Make it an olympic event. And add the 100 km two-men TT.
Winnen
Junior Member
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 01 Jul 2012 07:46

17 Sep 2017 18:52

The Aussies could also bring a scary strong team, the big engines from Orica + Rohan and maybe Porte, if the course is hilly or the team is larger.
Germany could also have a great team, Sütterlin, Martin, Politt, Arndt, Kittel, Kämna, Schachmann... their developmental system mainly produces sprinters and TT specialists, so they should do well.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,649
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: 2017 Worlds BERGEN, Norway, TTT, Sunday 17th Sept

17 Sep 2017 19:06

GB:
Froome
Thomas
Cummings
Dowsett
Kennaugh
Doull

And perhaps, if the course is right, Cavendish (he loves TTT's and is good at them)
If the route is flat enough then we can add in a couple more track pursuit Olympic champions like Steven Burke and Ed Clancy
User avatar Ruby United
Member
 
Posts: 1,833
Joined: 03 Jan 2012 18:16
Location: London

17 Sep 2017 19:40

Great ride by Sunweb. Dumoulin looked very strong and is the man to beat for wednesday.

Happy as well for Oomen, that guy looked so disappointed after he had to leave the Vuelta but can be proud of his performance today.
The sadness of the world has different ways of getting to people, but it seems to succeed almost every time
User avatar Bardamu
Junior Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: 13 Jul 2016 20:36
Location: Paris

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 19:50

Ruby United wrote:
portugal11 wrote:I think sky doesn't give a sh## about this TTT. I think they are already preparing the TTT in the 2018 tour. I think thomas was inclued in the team because of this


Then it makes no sense that they took Doull (ahead of anyone really, but especially Poels)

I agree Team SKY are certainly playing the long game here. Of course,
a win would have been nice but really IMO they are looking towards the
2018 Tour firstly and secondly towards the 2019 Worlds TTT that will be
in lovely Yorkshire.

Poels will be on the Tour team next year, almost without a doubt, so maybe
today was about collecting data and looking at a couple of the other riders,
i.e. perhaps today Il Trattore rode himself onto the 2018 TdF team, and with
Owain I'm not sure he's even on the long, long list for the 2018 Tour, so today
was more possibly just about good data to track Owain's development towards
a potential place in the 2019 World's TTT.

And Wout had his fan club event today, although I'm not sure how long ago the
date had been chosen.
User avatar oldcrank
Member
 
Posts: 1,467
Joined: 24 Jul 2009 07:16

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 20:23

oldcrank wrote:
Ruby United wrote:
portugal11 wrote:I think sky doesn't give a sh## about this TTT. I think they are already preparing the TTT in the 2018 tour. I think thomas was inclued in the team because of this


Then it makes no sense that they took Doull (ahead of anyone really, but especially Poels)

I agree Team SKY are certainly playing the long game here. Of course,
a win would have been nice but really IMO they are looking towards the
2018 Tour firstly and secondly towards the 2019 Worlds TTT that will be
in lovely Yorkshire.

Poels will be on the Tour team next year, almost without a doubt, so maybe
today was about collecting data and looking at a couple of the other riders,
i.e. perhaps today Il Trattore rode himself onto the 2018 TdF team, and with
Owain I'm not sure he's even on the long, long list for the 2018 Tour, so today
was more possibly just about good data to track Owain's development towards
a potential place in the 2019 World's TTT.

And Wout had his fan club event today, although I'm not sure how long ago the
date had been chosen.


Or, although obviously highly unlikely, they assembled what they thought would be the best six-man team in order to try to win gold today.

I know this is quite the conspiracy, though.
User avatar tobydawq
Member
 
Posts: 591
Joined: 16 Nov 2013 18:45
Location: Denmark

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 20:37

tobydawq wrote:
oldcrank wrote:
Ruby United wrote:
portugal11 wrote:I think sky doesn't give a sh## about this TTT. I think they are already preparing the TTT in the 2018 tour. I think thomas was inclued in the team because of this


Then it makes no sense that they took Doull (ahead of anyone really, but especially Poels)

I agree Team SKY are certainly playing the long game here. Of course,
a win would have been nice but really IMO they are looking towards the
2018 Tour firstly and secondly towards the 2019 Worlds TTT that will be
in lovely Yorkshire.

Poels will be on the Tour team next year, almost without a doubt, so maybe
today was about collecting data and looking at a couple of the other riders,
i.e. perhaps today Il Trattore rode himself onto the 2018 TdF team, and with
Owain I'm not sure he's even on the long, long list for the 2018 Tour, so today
was more possibly just about good data to track Owain's development towards
a potential place in the 2019 World's TTT.

And Wout had his fan club event today, although I'm not sure how long ago the
date had been chosen.


Or, although obviously highly unlikely, they assembled what they thought would be the best six-man team in order to try to win gold today.

I know this is quite the conspiracy, though.


I'm glad I'm not the only one who came up with that wild theory.
User avatar Ruby United
Member
 
Posts: 1,833
Joined: 03 Jan 2012 18:16
Location: London

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 21:22

oldcrank wrote:
Ruby United wrote:
portugal11 wrote:I think sky doesn't give a sh## about this TTT. I think they are already preparing the TTT in the 2018 tour. I think thomas was inclued in the team because of this


Then it makes no sense that they took Doull (ahead of anyone really, but especially Poels)

I agree Team SKY are certainly playing the long game here. Of course,
a win would have been nice but really IMO they are looking towards the
2018 Tour firstly and secondly towards the 2019 Worlds TTT that will be
in lovely Yorkshire.


Poels will be on the Tour team next year, almost without a doubt, so maybe
today was about collecting data and looking at a couple of the other riders,
i.e. perhaps today Il Trattore rode himself onto the 2018 TdF team, and with
Owain I'm not sure he's even on the long, long list for the 2018 Tour, so today
was more possibly just about good data to track Owain's development towards
a potential place in the 2019 World's TTT.

And Wout had his fan club event today, although I'm not sure how long ago the
date had been chosen.


Do you actually believe this stuff :)

SKY entered the TTT to win
HelloDolly
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,803
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 00:12
Location: Birmingham

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2017 21:24

Ruby United wrote:
tobydawq wrote:Or, although obviously highly unlikely, they assembled what they thought would be the best six-man team in order to try to win gold today.

I know this is quite the conspiracy, though.


I'm glad I'm not the only one who came up with that wild theory.


Three is quite a crowd for such idiotic ideas :)
User avatar Tank Engine
Member
 
Posts: 1,496
Joined: 16 Jul 2011 21:50
Location: Central Europe

18 Sep 2017 05:23

What a year for Sunweb.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,053
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

18 Sep 2017 08:31

If somebody is interested in the strava segments in the main lap that is used in most of the races, most of the segments can be found here: https://www.strava.com/activities/1183522030/segments/29163315780
The biggest hill on the TTT is here: https://www.strava.com/segments/619895 Kelderman With COM..
Armchaircyclist
Junior Member
 
Posts: 196
Joined: 16 Jul 2012 07:50

18 Sep 2017 10:51

Van Garderen also. 7 seconds (1 km/h) slower. Shows how fast Sunweb was up the climb. Kwiatkowski even 2km/h
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 22,196
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

18 Sep 2017 13:54

Why pretend Sky didn't come here to win? It's not a disgrace to lose to Sunweb and BMC or anything.
frisenfruitig
Junior Member
 
Posts: 285
Joined: 28 Jul 2010 12:00
Location: Belgium

Re:

18 Sep 2017 14:49

frisenfruitig wrote:Why pretend Sky didn't come here to win? It's not a disgrace to lose to Sunweb and BMC or anything.


Because Brits, in general, are sore losers.
Der Effe
Member
 
Posts: 1,177
Joined: 20 Sep 2011 09:48
Location: Netherlands

Re: Re:

18 Sep 2017 15:27

Der Effe wrote:
frisenfruitig wrote:Why pretend Sky didn't come here to win? It's not a disgrace to lose to Sunweb and BMC or anything.


Because Brits, in general, are sore losers.

Aye, you can short that down. The penultimate word is unnecessary.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,925
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re: Re:

18 Sep 2017 16:41

Der Effe wrote:
frisenfruitig wrote:Why pretend Sky didn't come here to win? It's not a disgrace to lose to Sunweb and BMC or anything.


Because Brits, in general, are sore losers.


Well argued. Hard to deny that point, especially due to how well you articulated and elaborated your argument as well as all the stats you brought.
User avatar Ruby United
Member
 
Posts: 1,833
Joined: 03 Jan 2012 18:16
Location: London

Re: Re:

18 Sep 2017 17:22

Ruby United wrote:
Der Effe wrote:
frisenfruitig wrote:Why pretend Sky didn't come here to win? It's not a disgrace to lose to Sunweb and BMC or anything.


Because Brits, in general, are sore losers.

it's an opinion based on observation. Brits are sore losers and insufferable winners.




it's an opinion based on observation.

Well argued. Hard to deny that point, especially due to how well you articulated and elaborated your argument as well as all the stats you brought.
topcat
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 04 Jul 2016 21:59

18 Sep 2017 18:11

People have their delusions. Let them have it. Thats what fanboyism is all about.
So yeah, Team Sky came to prepare for the Tour 2018 TTT... :D :D
Big TD can have his win here...no problem. :p
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade
Member
 
Posts: 1,177
Joined: 23 Jan 2016 17:30

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandre B., Bing [Bot], Dazed and Confused, Gigs_98 and 32 guests

Back to top