Register

Lesser Known Race Results 2018

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Lesser Known Race Results 2018

15 Jan 2018 20:32

Ivan Sosa and Kevin Rivera blowing up in Vuelta al Tachira. :cool:

Really looking forward to their progress this year now that Bernal has left a gap. Especially the latter will be a really interesting watch!
User avatar DNP-Old

21 Jan 2018 17:22

Daniel Diaz has been preparing for San Juan like a mad man. It is his main objective of the season and he has been training at altitude with his team since December. Last weekend he took the time to test his shape in competition by placing a few attacks and going solo for about half an hour. He is ready.
User avatar DNP-Old

Re:

21 Jan 2018 18:49

DNP-Old wrote:Daniel Diaz has been preparing for San Juan like a mad man. It is his main objective of the season and he has been training at altitude with his team since December. Last weekend he took the time to test his shape in competition by placing a few attacks and going solo for about half an hour. He is ready.

Yes, finally the great one is back racing in South America!
Jose Luis Rodriguez, who's riding on the same team, is a big talent, 9th on gc in the 2016 Giro Ciclistico della Valle d'Aosta when he was riding for the Centre Mondial du Cyclisme team and 2017 Panamerican ITT champion.
He was a trainee at trek in 2016 and apparently they offered him a contract, but he choose to stay in South America.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

24 Jan 2018 10:58

Coquard vs. Mareczko in the Sharjah Tour, starting today with a 10km ITT.
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re:

24 Jan 2018 11:06

Alexandre B. wrote:Coquard vs. Mareczko in the Sharjah Tour, starting today with a 10km ITT.

Live - http://www.smc.ae/SMC-Streaming/sharjahsports.html
User avatar Geraint Too Fast

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

24 Jan 2018 12:02

Sharjah Tour (2.1)

User avatar fauniera

24 Jan 2018 13:43

First race for Vital Concept, first win. First pro win for Julien Morice as well.
User avatar fauniera

Re: Re:

24 Jan 2018 15:09

Mayomaniac wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Daniel Diaz has been preparing for San Juan like a mad man. It is his main objective of the season and he has been training at altitude with his team since December. Last weekend he took the time to test his shape in competition by placing a few attacks and going solo for about half an hour. He is ready.

Jose Luis Rodriguez, who's riding on the same team, is a big talent, 9th on gc in the 2016 Giro Ciclistico della Valle d'Aosta when he was riding for the Centre Mondial du Cyclisme team and 2017 Panamerican ITT champion.
He was a trainee at trek in 2016 and apparently they offered him a contract, but he choose to stay in South America.

If that's true, poor decision and probably he burned 95% of his chances to go to the next level
User avatar slosada

24 Jan 2018 17:04

slosada wrote:
Mayomaniac wrote:

If that's true, poor decision and probably he burned 95% of his chances to go to the next level

He did so out of personal reasons, which to this day, we know nothing about. Could very well be to stay with his family, since his mother died only three years ago. Prior to the Olympics, he also mentioned he wanted to become a father, so who knows. It's all smoke and mirrors.
User avatar DNP-Old

25 Jan 2018 09:30

User avatar Alexandre B.

25 Jan 2018 09:38

Wilier clearly had the better lead out train. They have quality riders for that, Coledan, Bertazzo, Pacioni. No chance for Vital Concept.
User avatar fauniera

25 Jan 2018 10:31

fauniera wrote:Wilier clearly had the better lead out train. They have quality riders for that, Coledan, Bertazzo, Pacioni. No chance for Vital Concept.

Coledan (I think) taking such a strong turn that Bertazzo was immediately cooked and Pacioni could sprint himself to a fourth place :D
Baptiste Planckaert Fan Club
BalearicBeats

25 Jan 2018 14:34

Dylan Page (SWI, Team Sapura) won the first stage of the Tour de Indonesia 2018 (2.1) on a bunch sprint.
Jolerare

25 Jan 2018 15:16

Degenkolb wins his first race of the season, let's hope for him this year turns out better than the last one.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

25 Jan 2018 15:17

Degenkolb wins the first Trofeo of the Challenge Mallorca.
Enger (yes he's still alive) 2nd, De Buyst 3rd.
User avatar Samamba

Re:

25 Jan 2018 15:19

GenericBoonenFan wrote:Degenkolb wins his first race of the season, let's hope for him this year turns out better than the last one.

Given how he races, I'd hope it only turns out better outside of the cobbled classics.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

25 Jan 2018 21:18

Netserk wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:Degenkolb wins his first race of the season, let's hope for him this year turns out better than the last one.

Given how he races, I'd hope it only turns out better outside of the cobbled classics.

I see what you're getting at and I agree that Degenkolb has been very defensive at times in the classics but that's also true for most riders like him with a strong sprint finish and not named Tom Boonen. I seem to recall he had some very inspired riding in Paris-Tours some years ago and I can only hope he gets back to that sort of racing.
User avatar trevim

25 Jan 2018 22:12

trevim wrote:
Netserk wrote:

I see what you're getting at and I agree that Degenkolb has been very defensive at times in the classics but that's also true for most riders like him with a strong sprint finish and not named Tom Boonen. I seem to recall he had some very inspired riding in Paris-Tours some years ago and I can only hope he gets back to that sort of racing.

If he races like when he won Paris-Roubaix, we're all good.....
User avatar Kazistuta

26 Jan 2018 07:39

Kazistuta wrote:
trevim wrote:
Netserk wrote:

If he races like when he won Paris-Roubaix, we're all good.....

That was a great performance, but keep in mind tgat until 10km to go he had been marking others, never giving a pull, only following.
When gva and lampaert atracked with about 10km to go he only attacked because he had too.
User avatar Kwibus
Veteran

26 Jan 2018 07:47

Jolerare wrote:Dylan Page (SWI, Team Sapura) won the first stage of the Tour de Indonesia 2018 (2.1) on a bunch sprint.

Jolerare

Next

Return to Professional road racing