Register

Lesser Known Race Results 2018

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

31 May 2018 06:47

Nirvana wrote:Hammer races are killing the startlist of Luxembourg.

Well, to be fair, given the high amount of interest in the online coverage and the extensive race discussion that arose following the Hammer Stavanger races...

(Yes, I know, it's not really representative going up against the last three days of the Giro, but there were as many people on the bikes as were watching the live stream, long may this continue)
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

Re: Re:

31 May 2018 08:38

Libertine Seguros wrote:
Nirvana wrote:Hammer races are killing the startlist of Luxembourg.

Well, to be fair, given the high amount of interest in the online coverage and the extensive race discussion that arose following the Hammer Stavanger races...

(Yes, I know, it's not really representative going up against the last three days of the Giro, but there were as many people on the bikes as were watching the live stream, long may this continue)

Yeah, I noticed the exact same. It could change in Limburg, it probably will change, but the question is how much. I don't think it will significantly which is good, obviously. The thing about the online coverage is a nugget, thats pretty telling about just how little people cared.

Maybe people just don't wanna spend the time getting used to completely new and weird point system. I know I wont. And the thing about a team winning the whole thing is weird.
"Es el mejor con y sin"
WORLD CHAMPION
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

Re:

31 May 2018 11:38

escartin wrote:Damien Gaudin won the traditional Tour de Luxembourg prologue this evening. 3 Direct Energie in the top 5.

Saturday and Sunday are the same col de l'Europe and Pabeierbierg finishing circuits as every year. don't think the Schifflange stage on Friday is usual though - finishing on a 500m 13% climb

not even 1 WT team taking part this year :/.

When I saw Christophe Laporte 92nd, I didn't understand
Now I do :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=iMJGCf-HZNk

It's probably over for him for GC
Tratnik, Hivert, De Bie, Kirsch, Ligthart are in good position, Prades may be a bit too far (15")
May be Krieger can compete for GC too
I don't believe in Gaudin or Petit, I think the difficult stages will be too hard for them
User avatar Guillaume33

31 May 2018 15:51

Laporte wins stage 1.

Nasty crash against barbeles.
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re:

31 May 2018 19:47

Alexandre B. wrote:Laporte wins stage 1.

Nasty crash against barbeles.

I saw the highlight video on Utube, I wouldn't go back and see that crash again by replaying it, but when I looked at the results there was a rider who finished almost 13 minutes down on the field and wondered if that was the guy who appeared to me to hit a tree(won't re-watch have in the past and regretted it), it happened in the last 2 Ks or so. The late finisher may have been a teammate and the list may not have included DNFs.
Sandisfan

31 May 2018 20:07

The only DNF was Ligthart, and he tweeted a pic of him being on his way to hospital, so I think everyone is more or less OK.
User avatar Squire

31 May 2018 20:38

What about Matthias Schnapka, who somehow managed to get a HD?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

31 May 2018 21:08

DFA123 wrote:
Samamba wrote:First pro win for Bjorg Lambrecht in the Tour des Fjords.
Albasini wins the GC.

Just seen that result. Looks like from the result that Lambrecht beat Albasini and Boassen-Hagen in a gentle uphill sprint? :surprised:

Here's a video of the finish

https://twitter.com/flobikes/status/999686453050327041

EDIT: crap, already posted earlier, lol

He was 2nd behind Bernal in the Tour de l'Avenir. I wonder how far he'll go. He won't ride any GT's this year, but he would ride the Vuelta in 2019.
User avatar Logic-is-your-friend

31 May 2018 22:39

Logic-is-your-friend wrote:
DFA123 wrote:
Samamba wrote:First pro win for Bjorg Lambrecht in the Tour des Fjords.
Albasini wins the GC.

Just seen that result. Looks like from the result that Lambrecht beat Albasini and Boassen-Hagen in a gentle uphill sprint? :surprised:

He was 2nd behind Bernal in the Tour de l'Avenir. I wonder how far he'll go. He won't ride any GT's this year, but he would ride the Vuelta in 2019.

He'll ride the Vuelta this year I think.
Will also ride the WC u23 and not with the pros. Should be favorite there, but it wouldn't be the first time that a pro favorite fails to deliver because they had a really hard season (if he really rides the whole Vuelta...).

He was not only 2nd behind Bernal in L'avenir, also in Savoie. And won the Course de la Paix in front of Eg and was 2nd in Isard en Aosta begin Sivakov.
User avatar Samamba

01 Jun 2018 02:18

Samamba wrote:He'll ride the Vuelta this year I think.
Will also ride the WC u23 and not with the pros. Should be favorite there, but it wouldn't be the first time that a pro favorite fails to deliver because they had a really hard season (if he really rides the whole Vuelta...).

He was not only 2nd behind Bernal in L'avenir, also in Savoie. And won the Course de la Paix in front of Eg and was 2nd in Isard en Aosta begin Sivakov.

I know about his results. As for riding the Vuelta, he had this to say 5 weeks ago:

In de eerste twee, drie jaar doe je het best rustig aan. Daarom rijd ik dit jaar nog geen grote ronde. Volgend jaar doe ik wel de ronde van Spanje. Wanneer je echt een grote moteur hebt ontwikkeld kan je wel wat hebben. Als je mij naast sommige oudere profs zet, zie je dat mijn lichaam nog wat moet veranderen.

01 Jun 2018 04:37

Lambrecht is a very punchy rider and he packs a good sprint for a climber type.
yaco

01 Jun 2018 11:00

Samamba wrote:He'll ride the Vuelta this year I think.

I know about his results. As for riding the Vuelta, he had this to say 5 weeks ago:

In de eerste twee, drie jaar doe je het best rustig aan. Daarom rijd ik dit jaar nog geen grote ronde. Volgend jaar doe ik wel de ronde van Spanje. Wanneer je echt een grote moteur hebt ontwikkeld kan je wel wat hebben. Als je mij naast sommige oudere profs zet, zie je dat mijn lichaam nog wat moet veranderen.

Le récent vainqueur d'étape au Tour des Fjords préparera ce rendez-vous, non pas au Tour de l'Avenir (Coupe des Nations), mais au Tour d'Espagne, qui sera son premier Grand Tour. "J'en ferai au moins une partie", précise l'Espoir 3e année.

DirectVelo earlier this week.
User avatar Samamba

01 Jun 2018 14:05

Samamba wrote:DirectVelo earlier this week.

Seems like there's been a change of plans, confirmed on his facebook page. He'll also be riding the Tour of Poland.

01 Jun 2018 14:43

Samamba wrote:DirectVelo earlier this week.

Seems like there's been a change of plans, confirmed on his facebook page. He'll also be riding the Tour of Poland.

So Switzerland, NC, Poland, Vuelta (only 12 stages apparently), WC u23, Lombardia?
Last edited by Samamba on 02 Jun 2018 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Samamba

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

01 Jun 2018 16:32

Really don't like it if he actively wants to go to u23 world's.

Is the purpose of the rule to allow already-pro cyclists to create more interest? Because in reality it makes the race way less prestigious that by default stronger guys from a higher category are there.
Last edited by ciranda on 01 Jun 2018 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar ciranda

01 Jun 2018 16:34

ciranda wrote:Really don't like it if he actively wants to go to u23 world's. Is allowing already-pro cyclists a plan to create more interest? Because in reality it makes the race way less prestigious to have default stronger guys from a higher category.

He doesn't like it either. He even thinks it's unfair, but if the Belgian Cycling Federation asks him to to do it, he's not gonna say no.
User avatar Samamba

01 Jun 2018 16:38

OK, good attitude. Also Belgium has plenty of other guys who can be competitive.
User avatar ciranda

01 Jun 2018 16:43

MVdP wins at the boules de la mayenne
Pasqualon wins in Luxemburg,
Malucelli (androni) in romania
EroicaStradeBianche

01 Jun 2018 16:51

ciranda wrote:Really don't like it if he actively wants to go to u23 world's.

Is the purpose of the rule to allow already-pro cyclists to create more interest? Because in reality it makes the race way less prestigious that by default stronger guys from a higher category are there.

I simply figured it's because if a rider is under the age of 23, he's a U23 rider, no matter what kind of team he's on.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

02 Jun 2018 07:33

Tour of Bihor has live images on Facebook. MTF today, so it's likely we'll see Ivan Sosa and Kevin Rivera up there.
User avatar DNP-Old

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing