Register

Polartec-Kometa

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

22 Feb 2018 12:07

And just like that, Moschetti beats Mareczko to win stage 1
JosephD

Re:

22 Feb 2018 12:45

JosephD wrote:And just like that, Moschetti beats Mareczko to win stage 1

Just came to post this. Amazing!! :) :) :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

24 Feb 2018 09:42

Awet Habtom finished 2nd on today's short mountain stage :) he is now also 2nd on GC
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

25 Feb 2018 14:33

Another stage victory for Moschetti today and he wins the points jersey. Habtom finishes 3rd on GC and is best young rider. Great race for our boys. :)

User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

25 Feb 2018 14:39

I picked Moschetti for one or two points in the CQ game lol :D

With a nice finish like this he might rack up some points.
Salvarani

04 Mar 2018 15:06

Moschetti is on fire. Another win today, GP Rhodes, ahead of Maronese.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

10 Mar 2018 14:40

LaFlorecita wrote:Moschetti is on fire. Another win today, GP Rhodes, ahead of Maronese.

Stage 2 of the Tour of Rhodes is for Moschetti as well, Diego Sevilla finished 4th. So far Moschetti is outdoing Gazzoli in the sprints, but obviously he's older and Gazzoli has mainly been crashing so far this year.

I'm guessing we won't see Moschetti on the team in 2019
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Re:

10 Mar 2018 15:13

LaFlorecita wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Moschetti is on fire. Another win today, GP Rhodes, ahead of Maronese.

Stage 2 of the Tour of Rhodes is for Moschetti as well, Diego Sevilla finished 4th. So far Moschetti is outdoing Gazzoli in the sprints, but obviously he's older and Gazzoli has mainly been crashing so far this year.

I'm guessing we won't see Moschetti on the team in 2019

Yeah, I agree. He’s as good as gone unless he has a catastrophic loss of form. Four UCI ranked wins already is very good and as he had a stagiare gig last season he’s already on the bigger teams radar. Somebody will give him a chance.

It’s great for Polartec to have a guy riding this well this season. Must be a big boost to morale in a new team full of kids to have early wins rolling in.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

11 Mar 2018 15:23

Diego Sevilla finishes 3rd overall in the Tour of Rhodes and wins the youth classification! :) also, the team got an invitation for the Tour de Normandie
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

22 Mar 2018 16:11

In Normandie
Stage 1, Habtom 4th (climber on a flat stage!!) and Moschetti 6th.
Stage 2, Camacho 4th, Moschetti 6th.
Stage 3, Moschetti 6th.

I was going to post, impressive consistency by Moschetti, but today in stage 4, Moschetti won ;) :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

22 Mar 2018 16:22

Habtom has a big engine, finished 7th in the Doha MJ ITT with minimal training on a TT bike, so I don't knoe if he's a proper cllimber or more of a big engine who can climb and has a decent sprint like Debesay or Berhane.
From what I've heard he was a bit hard to deal with, that's the reason why the Bike Aid team didn't want to resign him, but he seems to do just fine riding for his new team, maybe it was just the mentality and the language barrier (as far as I know he doesn't speek english/only knows a few words).
Moschetti seems to be an interesting guy, he loves reading and hates computers, apparently he only uses a computer when he has to use it for work (whereabouts and similar stuff).
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

22 Mar 2018 19:57

I don't know about Habtom, but you may be right. It seems he got into the break, so it wasn't really a 4th place in a sprint. But I'm glad to see him doing well and hope the language barrier isn't too bad. I know the Spanish don't really speak English all that well either (I saw a U23 Polartec rider making fun of Diego Sevilla for attempting some tweets in English :p) but they can at least easily communicate with each other.
Interesting about Moschetti, that makes him pretty likeable to me. I noticed he hardly ever posts anything on social media which is rare for someone his age :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

22 Mar 2018 20:15

Yes, I hope that riding for a Spanish team will be easier for him.
Here's a short article about him doing well durning the last Giro del Trentino despite the cold weather (on stage 3 we had -10°C in the morning).
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/hes-never-seen-snow-doesnt-know-deal-cold-326123
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

23 Mar 2018 11:31

Some news in Gazzetta, apparently Moschetti has an agreement with Trek-Segafredo for 2019 and 2020. Not too surprising considering the fact he was a trainee for them last year and he's riding for their feeder team, but still nice to see his impressive start of the season rewarded.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

25 Mar 2018 17:25

Another sprint win for Moschetti today :) next race for the boys is 1.1 GP Miguel Indurain
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Polartec-Kometa

27 Mar 2018 15:13

Moschetti will be riding for Trek-Segafredo in 2019 and 2020.

Wonder if Contador might have had something to do with that :)
Salvarani

27 Mar 2018 16:22

Salvarani wrote:Moschetti will be riding for Trek-Segafredo in 2019 and 2020.

Well Contador provided him with the platform to show his ability, but I very much doubt if Alberto had to do much persuading on his behalf. When your stagiare from last year takes six UCI ranked wins in just over a month [!] riding for your feeder team it doesn’t take much cycling knowledge to realise that signing him is a good idea. It’s just a question of how quickly they can get his name on a pro contract before other WT teams start making offers. A young guy winning like that can basically pick a team of his choice.

When does he move to Trek? Do Polartec still have him for the rest of this season? Or will he be a stagiare again?
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

27 Mar 2018 16:28

Zinoviev Letter wrote:
Salvarani wrote:Moschetti will be riding for Trek-Segafredo in 2019 and 2020.

When does he move to Trek? Do Polartec still have him for the rest of this season? Or will he be a stagiare again?

He officially joins Trek January 1 2019. Polartec keep him for the rest of this season. He may ride as a stagiaire for the team, although to me that doesn't make much sense since he will target l'Avenir sprints (Spain didn't take part last year but their participation at Gent-Wevelgem U23 last Sunday indicates they will take the Nations Cup seriously this year to make it into l'Avenir) and Trek already have him signed, so may prefer to use the stagiaire spot on another young rider they may wish to evaluate. Probably find out if they have re-recruited him as a stagiaire around June/July.

Completely agree that Contador probably had little/nothing to do with this deal being done. While its very likely no one had to vouch for him to Trek, if anyone did it is more likely to be Basso than Bertie.
JoeD1997

08 Apr 2018 18:53

Kevin Inkelaar was the team's best finisher in Klasika Amorebieta, he finished 21st. Isaac Canton and Diego Sevilla DNF'ed after spending the whole night on the road after racing U23 RVV yesterday :eek:
Meanwhile, Carlos Rodriguez, of the Polartec-Kometa junior team, finished 6th in Paris-Roubaix Espoirs.

The team has been invited to Tour de l'Ain (2.1) at the end of May, where Alberto will be guest of honor
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

08 Apr 2018 21:32

LaFlorecita wrote:Kevin Inkelaar was the team's best finisher in Klasika Amorebieta, he finished 21st. Isaac Canton and Diego Sevilla DNF'ed after spending the whole night on the road after racing U23 RVV yesterday :eek:
Meanwhile, Carlos Rodriguez, of the Polartec-Kometa junior team, finished 6th in Paris-Roubaix Espoirs.

The team has been invited to Tour de l'Ain (2.1) at the end of May, where Alberto will be guest of honor

Carlos Rodriguez was in the U19 (junior race, not espoirs), but a very nice race by him, he was also good in GW 2 weeks ago (14th) + did very well in some Spanish races where he basically was best 1st year junior in all races. From what I have seen of him in the u17 category I think he is a very versatile rider, but this is impressive as a 1st year junior from Spain (they dont normally perform that well in U19 cat) and as I think Rodriguez is suited much better to different races. Guess he also made his decision as he was doing Road Racing, BMX and Sailing at a high level last year.
User avatar Ruudz0r

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing