Register

Polartec-Kometa

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

09 Apr 2018 09:26

Ruudz0r wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Kevin Inkelaar was the team's best finisher in Klasika Amorebieta, he finished 21st. Isaac Canton and Diego Sevilla DNF'ed after spending the whole night on the road after racing U23 RVV yesterday :eek:
Meanwhile, Carlos Rodriguez, of the Polartec-Kometa junior team, finished 6th in Paris-Roubaix Espoirs.

The team has been invited to Tour de l'Ain (2.1) at the end of May, where Alberto will be guest of honor

Carlos Rodriguez was in the U19 (junior race, not espoirs), but a very nice race by him, he was also good in GW 2 weeks ago (14th) + did very well in some Spanish races where he basically was best 1st year junior in all races. From what I have seen of him in the u17 category I think he is a very versatile rider, but this is impressive as a 1st year junior from Spain (they dont normally perform that well in U19 cat) and as I think Rodriguez is suited much better to different races. Guess he also made his decision as he was doing Road Racing, BMX and Sailing at a high level last year.

You're right I typed that without thinking :p For such a young rider his performances have been amazing.
I am wondering if he will ride for a Belgian team next year, if I recall correctly there was some sort of 'exchange program' between the Fundacion Contador team and some Belgian youth teams a couple years ago which saw some Spanish riders race (part of) a season in Belgium.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

09 Apr 2018 10:16

It was with Tieltse Rennerclub, but I dont think they still do that, though I am not sure.
User avatar Ruudz0r

14 May 2018 18:28

From June 1st, Juan Pedro Lopez will join the continental team after an impressive start of the season in the U23 ranks.

http://sub23.fundacioncontadorteam.com/juan-pedro-lopez-se-incorpora-al-polartec-kometa-continental/

User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Yesterday 16:54

Nice, Michel Ries finished 11th on today's tough MTF in Tour de l'Ain, ahead of Calmejane :) he is also in 11th place overall
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Yesterday 17:20

And in the junior ranks, Carlos Rodriguez won stage 2b of the Trophée Centre Morbihan. He might just be the most exciting prospect of all 3 teams. This is his first year at junior level and his results are pretty amazing https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/carlos-rodriguez-cano
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing