Log in:  

Register

Polartec-Kometa

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Polartec-Kometa

23 Jan 2018 18:01

Miguel Angel Ballesteros
Date of Birth: 23rd July 1996
Nationality: Spain
Notable results:
11th U23 Nats RR 2015
13th U23 Nats RR 2017

Juan Camacho
Date of Birth: 24th July 1995
Nationality: Spain
Notable results:
1st Junior Nats ITT 2013
2nd U23 Nats ITT 2014
4th U23 Nats ITT 2015
4th U23 Nats ITT 2017

Isaac Cantón
Date of birth: 13th June 1996
Nationality: Spain
Notable results:
1st U23 Nats RR 2017
5th U23 Nats ITT 2016

Patrick Gamper
Date of birth: 18th February 1997
Nationality: Austria
Notable results:
1st stage 6 Tour of Serbia 2016
2nd stage 5 Tour de l'Avenir 2017
3rd Int. Raiffeisen Grand Prix Judendorf/Straßengel 2017
6th U23 European Championships ITT 2017

Michele Gazzoli
Date of birth: 4th March 1999
Nationality: Italy
Notable results:
1st Junior European Championships RR 2017
3rd Junior World Championships RR 2017
2nd Ronde Van Vlaanderen Juniors 2017
2nd Piccola SanRemo 2016
3rd Ronde Van Vlaanderen Juniors 2016
13th Paris-Roubaix Juniors 2017

Awet Habtom
Date of birth: 1st January 1998
Nationality: Eritrea
Notable results:
8th La Tropicale Amissa Bongo 2017
24th Tour of Qinghai Lake 2017

Kevin Inkelaar
Date of birth: 8th July 1997
Nationality: Netherlands
Notable results:
12th Giro Ciclistico della Valle d'Aosta Mont Blanc 2017

Matteo Moschetti
Date of birth: 14th August 1996
Nationality: Italy
Notable results:
1st U23 Nats RR 2017

Wilson Estiben Pena Molano
Date of birth: 7th April 1998
Nationality: Colombia
Notable results:
-
Michel Ries
Date of birth: 11th March 1998
Nationality: Luxembourg
Notable results:
5th E3 Harelbeke Juniors 2016
5th Gent-Wevelgem Juniors 2016
19th Tour de l'Avenir 2017

Diego Pablo Sevilla
Date of birth: 4th March 1996
Nationality: Spain
Notable results:
3rd Junior Nats RR 2017
19th Liège-Bastogne-Liège U23 2017
25th Vuelta a la Rioja 2016

Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

23 Jan 2018 18:02

Preliminary schedule:
31 Jan - 4 Feb: Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana (2.1)
8 Feb - 11 Feb: Tour de la Provence (2.1)
17 Feb - 18 Feb: Tour du Haut Var (2.1)

7 Aug - 11 Aug: Vuelta a Burgos (2.HC)

Also they will race in Turkey and Greece as well as several races in Italy. Of course a big part of their schedule will consist of Spanish races.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

23 Jan 2018 19:16

Valenciana line-up

BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel
CAMACHO DEL FRESNO Juan
GAMPER Patrick
GAZZOLI Michele
INKELAAR Kevin
MOSCHETTI Matteo
RIES Michel
Tim Booth
Junior Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: 18 Aug 2017 08:13

23 Jan 2018 20:09

Kind of dislike the parity in nationalities to be honest. Would've appreciated the project even more if there were more Spanish guys. Let's hope they give us some show.
Pennino
Member
 
Posts: 324
Joined: 06 Jul 2016 21:12
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands

24 Jan 2018 11:56

A nice mix of nationalities. Truth to be told I know nothing of these riders, but since its Contador's team, I will probably try to follow it a bit. Im sure LF will try to update this thread when something great happens for the team, so that will be my source of information.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,531
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

24 Jan 2018 12:14

IIRC, Michel Ries was the best 1st-year after Hirschi in l'Avenir. That should count for something.
User avatar Squire
Member
 
Posts: 1,156
Joined: 28 Dec 2010 23:39
Location: Shanghai

24 Jan 2018 13:32

I know Inkelaar from his LTS days. He had a difficult first year in the u23 ranks, but showed last year in the Tour de Savoie & Valle d'Aosta as Lambrechts and Vanhouckes dom that he has the talent.

Gamper had the yellow jersey in the Tour de l'Avenir last year for a day or two (?). I also remember him being close to a solo win in one of the Italian end of the season classics.

Reis was pretty good in the Tour de l'Avenir aswell as Squire said
User avatar Samamba
Member
 
Posts: 1,574
Joined: 10 May 2015 11:45

Re: Polartec-Kometa

24 Jan 2018 13:38

Is it really a good idea to put 18 year olds like Gazzoli into races with pros? I know he is talented, but that is too early imo.
User avatar fauniera
Member
 
Posts: 1,402
Joined: 12 Oct 2013 15:00

24 Jan 2018 13:54

Habtom is a big talent, he was 7th in the MJ ITT without really working much on his position or having a great bike, so he's got a great engine.
Last year he ws also able to survive the Giro del Trentino, his first stage race in Europe, when it was freezing cold, near -10° in the morning on a few stages and on the final stage he finished in a group with guys like Cataldo, Roy and Cattaneo, for a such a young African rider who rode his first stage race against the pros in Europe, against such a strong field and with really low temperatures, he did really well.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,064
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: Polartec-Kometa

24 Jan 2018 15:11

Tim Booth wrote:Valenciana line-up

BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel
CAMACHO DEL FRESNO Juan
GAMPER Patrick
GAZZOLI Michele
INKELAAR Kevin
MOSCHETTI Matteo
RIES Michel

DIRECTOR: Jesús Hernandez :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

24 Jan 2018 15:13

fauniera wrote:Is it really a good idea to put 18 year olds like Gazzoli into races with pros? I know he is talented, but that is too early imo.

I tend to agree, the level in Valencia should be fairly high with 11 WT teams. I was thinking maybe a race like Coppi e Bartali (just an example) could be decent for him as it usually only has 2 or 3 WT teams and many Conti teams. But we'll see.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re:

24 Jan 2018 15:15

Squire wrote:IIRC, Michel Ries was the best 1st-year after Hirschi in l'Avenir. That should count for something.

Samamba wrote:I know Inkelaar from his LTS days. He had a difficult first year in the u23 ranks, but showed last year in the Tour de Savoie & Valle d'Aosta as Lambrechts and Vanhouckes dom that he has the talent.

Gamper had the yellow jersey in the Tour de l'Avenir last year for a day or two (?). I also remember him being close to a solo win in one of the Italian end of the season classics.

Reis was pretty good in the Tour de l'Avenir aswell as Squire said

Mayomaniac wrote:Habtom is a big talent, he was 7th in the MJ ITT without really working much on his position or having a great bike, so he's got a great engine.
Last year he ws also able to survive the Giro del Trentino, his first stage race in Europe, when it was freezing cold, near -10° in the morning on a few stages and on the final stage he finished in a group with guys like Cataldo, Roy and Cattaneo, for a such a young African rider who rode his first stage race against the pros in Europe, against such a strong field and with really low temperatures, he did really well.


Great teamwork!
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

30 Jan 2018 17:44

Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Jan 2018 19:59

That's a proper baptism of fire for Gazzoli. Straight from the juniors and racing Valverde straight away.
User avatar Squire
Member
 
Posts: 1,156
Joined: 28 Dec 2010 23:39
Location: Shanghai

Re:

30 Jan 2018 20:53

Squire wrote:That's a proper baptism of fire for Gazzoli. Straight from the juniors and racing Valverde straight away.


I am looking forward to his debut, I think hè is the most talented one from this years squad. He is young ofc but if he can make it to the sprint hè might actually be able to get a nice result in this sprint field
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,549
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

31 Jan 2018 18:13

In the end Moschetti was the team's highest finisher in 15th place. Gazzoli was 21st.

15 MOSCHETTI Matteo Polartec-Kometa +0
21 GAZZOLI Michele Polartec-Kometa ,,
79 BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel Polartec-Kometa ,,
120 GAMPER Patrick Polartec-Kometa ,,
121 INKELAAR Kevin Polartec-Kometa ,,
124 CAMACHO Juan Polartec-Kometa ,,
135 RIES Michel Polartec-Kometa ,,

Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

01 Feb 2018 17:06

Very nice result for Ballesteros and Ries in this tough stage. Finished right at the front of the peloton. It seems like Patrick Gamper might have abandoned, a loss for the TTT ( ;) )

28 BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel Polartec-Kometa 2:28
31 RIES Michel Polartec-Kometa ,,
130 MOSCHETTI Matteo Polartec-Kometa 12:32
131 GAZZOLI Michele Polartec-Kometa ,,
139 INKELAAR Kevin Polartec-Kometa ,,
147 CAMACHO Juan Polartec-Kometa 12:33

Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

01 Feb 2018 18:19

who's that fat guy with all them young cyclist :confused:
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,652
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re:

01 Feb 2018 18:31

rick james wrote:who's that fat guy with all them young cyclist :confused:

Thats some pretty horrible trolling right there....
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,531
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

01 Feb 2018 18:38

Just noticed an interesting name in the Staff section of the U23 team website - Carlos Barredo is listed as a "coach" :eek:

http://sub23.fundacioncontadorteam.com/equipo/

Do we know if this is Carlos Barredo the ex-cyclist?
Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,924
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Next

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barmaher, chiocciolis_calves, Darryl Webster, deValtos, DNP-Old, fattyboomstixsmum, god.child, hazaran, muhammadhanis, ooo, Pantani_lives, phil-i-am, ppanther92, rlntlssly, Sestriere, starlord, Tonton, zlev11 and 128 guests

Back to top